Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 43

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I checked the list for you on the celebrity air dates. Those are the episodes with repeat street stories and words of the day. The next episode isn't due for the 12th, Next Friday.
So are they just doing one new ep a week now? That's kind of strange.

It's a shame that Grover didn't show up out of costume with a new incarnation of George, to perform a remake of "Two G Sounds": thousands of fans remember that song, and some even play it for their own children. That oversight is especially ironic since most of the new songs emphasized the hard-G sound, not the soft one that made that Muppet G feel left out. (Yes, Super Grover might have mentioned "giraffe" in that hero anthem, but that's the only soft-G example I recall being buried among "I am the guardian of galaxies...my muscles are gargantuan" and so on.)
That would really have been neat. You see what I mean. They have so many things from the old days that they don't even think about.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
So are they just doing one new ep a week now? That's kind of strange.
It's a kind of easy way to spread the episodes out; The new Electric Company series would do that. I don't like that only half the season is being broadcast through November and the rest won't air until Feb., but they're currently filming those shows (if I'm understanding Stephanie D'Abruzzo's site correctly), so it could all be a money issue.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
It's a kind of easy way to spread the episodes out; The new Electric Company series would do that. I don't like that only half the season is being broadcast through November and the rest won't air until Feb., but they're currently filming those shows (if I'm understanding Stephanie D'Abruzzo's site correctly), so it could all be a money issue.
Why didn't they film all the episodes before the season premiered?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Why didn't they film all the episodes before the season premiered?
Budget issues? Performer availability issues? Who knows. Season 42 started filming practically right when filming for M11 ended. And filming for season 43 would've been in the fall, when a few some of the performers wouldn't be able to be on set due to promotions, so they got done as much as they could early I guess.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Budget issues? Performer availability issues? Who knows. Season 42 started filming practically right when filming for M11 ended. And filming for season 43 would've been in the fall, when a few some of the performers wouldn't be able to be on set due to promotions, so they got done as much as they could early I guess.
I'm telling you, they better fix their filming schedules, or we'll get this every season.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I'm telling you, they better fix their filming schedules, or we'll get this every season.
It's not like it's their fault. You gotta be a little more understanding. None of us want to wait a two-month wait between new episodes, but if that's the way it is, then we have to deal with it.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
It's not like it's their fault. You gotta be a little more understanding. None of us want to wait a two-month wait between new episodes, but if that's the way it is, then we have to deal with it.
That's true. It's not their fault. I don't blame them.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Arthur's worse. It's basically a 5-6 month long wait for a season of 10 episodes, split up into 5 episodes sometime in October, 5 episodes sometime in May. Especially grating, as the last 2 seasons were seen all at once overseas.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There's a new episode of Sesame Street today for Friday October 12, 2012. Tune in and let us know your thoughts.

4307: Brandeis is Looking for a Job

A yellow Labrador retriever named Brandeis finds his calling when he volunteers to become a service dog, which is a canine that works with a person who has special kinds of needs.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Brandais was a much more engaging and charmingly funny character than I expected. Considering the character basically came out of no where, I did end up caring about him and the episode, rather than being annoyed that the show focused on a newcomer. I especially liked the car insurance gag.

I'm half and half so far on the People in your Neighborhood segment. It's clearly intended to replace the science based Murray tune ins from last year. But the best part of it was that it carried over to the sponsor announcement at the end. Those are getting slightly better, considering they were the same joke with a slightly varied background and redubbed numbers and letters.

In the Abby segment, I don't know whether to be disappointed they didn't make the reference to "We're gonna need a bigger boat" or to applaud them for having restraint. I'm loving that Blogg HATES Twinklethinking. And I, for one, do not miss Spot.

Airplane the Musical has to be the funniest one so far. The "Get me to the Church on Time" parody must have been the first direct parody of an actual song from a musical, rather than a vague "in the style of" original. Elmo getting exasperated by the annoying penguin bridezilla, her wanting pigs as bridesmaids (very nice stealth gag/parental bonus there). And they really got to the action this time. Elmo knew off the bat what the musical of the day should be. I hope this makes it to future installments.

OH! And the S cartoon was simply superb! They need a LOT more of that.

And too bad they didn't make any more Salty and Pierres... those were just too good.