Romney wants to cut funding for PBS and Sesame Street

mbmfrog

Reaction score

Drtooth

Reaction score
I can understand why they used it. It's the one part of the debate where the president was paying attention.

Seriously... weak. There's a LOT of dirt on his secret illegal account.

Oh crap. I shouldn't have said he was a customer!

Oh, crap. I shouldn't have said it was secret!

Oh, crap! I certainly shouldn't have said it was illegal!

(seriously... all these Romney Vs. Big Bird things, and we can't get one reference to that Simpsons episode on tumblr?)

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sesame Workshop just issued another statement... It feels like they are getting tired of this now. Their earlier statement right after the debate is here. It's hard to believe that any political advertisement would include licensed characters without first getting clearance rights.

Sesame Workshop Response to Campaign Ads

Sesame Workshop is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization and we do not endorse candidates or participate in political campaigns. We have approved no campaign ads, and, as is our general practice, have requested that both campaigns remove Sesame Street characters and trademarks from their campaign materials.

http://www.sesameworkshop.org/our-blog/2012/10/09/sesame-workshop-response-to-campaign-ads/

mbmfrog

Reaction score
Sesame Workshop just issued another statement... It feels like they are getting tired of this now. Their earlier statement right after the debate is here. It's hard to believe that any political advertisement would include licensed characters without first getting clearance rights.

Sesame Workshop Response to Campaign Ads

Sesame Workshop is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization and we do not endorse candidates or participate in political campaigns. We have approved no campaign ads, and, as is our general practice, have requested that both campaigns remove Sesame Street characters and trademarks from their campaign materials.

http://www.sesameworkshop.org/our-blog/2012/10/09/sesame-workshop-response-to-campaign-ads/

Like I said before, it was bound to happen and I think the Obama adminstration just pushed the joke a bit too far. :frown:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Like I said before, it was bound to happen and I think the Obama adminstration just pushed the joke a bit too far. :frown:
I hope both candidates have learned from this experience. Don't mess with our Street. :wisdom:

Drtooth

Reaction score
You know what the best part is? Best being used in sarcastic tense? Now Romney's attacking Obama for attacking him for making a dXXXish comment in the first place, essentially turning his gaffe into someone else's. All with the laughable ideal of yeah, he's complaining about me wanting to cut funding, but what about the jorbs? Dey Took Errr Jerrrbs! Even though cutting PBS funding is going to lose more of said "jobs."

Ah, Republican Party... you're always so classy.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Well, Fox News has been crapping on the Muppets again. Sigh. I know there are a lot of conservatives on this forum and I can respectfully disagree with you on your politics, but I can't see anyone being a fan of Fox News network with their history of abusing the Muppets and Sesame Street.

Their claim is that Sesame Street has been trying to indoctrinate this nation's children into a liberal agenda. I don't understand what how letters, numbers, sharing, healthy eating, multi-ethnic cast members, guest stars of all backgrounds, First Ladies of both parties constitutes indoctrination or why they keep showing promotional material from last year's Disney-owned Muppets movie. All I know is that once again they are loose on the fact for the sake of ratings and that Brian Kilmeade shared some dismissive hostility toward Cookie Monster when they appeared a few weeks ago. CNN and MSNBC understand the legacy of Sesame Street and know that it's an honor to have them drop by. Maybe Fox should reassess their own elitist behavior before inditing the "media elite" again. /soapbox

Even though the news division separates itself from the entertainment division, t's amusing that the new Sesame Street movie is being released through 20th Century Fox.