Goelz/Whitmire Character Kisses

Plaid Fraggle

Reaction score
I searched a wee bit on the forums, but couldn't find anything... :concern: Though I know I've seen you lovely fellow Muppet fans talking about this a bit before, I thought I'd ask a little more about it!

When I was little, my sister and I always thought it was hilarious that Rizzo kissed Gonzo's nose in Muppet Christmas Carol. Knowing about the Goelz/Whitmire tag team as an older fan now, I've noticed their characters have done this a couple more times even before MCC! Boober kisses Wembley in the FR episode "Scared Silly" (after consoling Wembley on his bad pranking abilities) and he appears to do so, too, in "The Perfect Blue Rollie" (right after getting pulled out of the cave-in by his friends).

Does anyone know of any other kissin' moments in FR or otherwise, and have Goelz or Whitmire ever talked about this weird little trend? :big_grin:

Slackbot

Reaction score
This is a topic I would never have thought about discussing, and I've drawn this stuff.

Of course there's We Love You, Wembley, in which Boober (under the influence of the love potion) kissed Wembley over and over. IIRC, although everyone was momentarily besotted with Wembley, Boober was the only one to get kissy about it.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
I searched a wee bit on the forums, but couldn't find anything... :concern: Though I know I've seen you lovely fellow Muppet fans talking about this a bit before, I thought I'd ask a little more about it!

When I was little, my sister and I always thought it was hilarious that Rizzo kissed Gonzo's nose in Muppet Christmas Carol. Knowing about the Goelz/Whitmire tag team as an older fan now, I've noticed their characters have done this a couple more times even before MCC! Boober kisses Wembley in the FR episode "Scared Silly" (after consoling Wembley on his bad pranking abilities) and he appears to do so, too, in "The Perfect Blue Rollie" (right after getting pulled out of the cave-in by his friends).

Does anyone know of any other kissin' moments in FR or otherwise, and have Goelz or Whitmire ever talked about this weird little trend? :big_grin:
Now you mentioned that, I forgot all about it. Oops! :sigh: Well, I knew all is forgiven after Wembley tried that prank and it didn't work. I LOVE the "Perfect Blue Rollie" episode. Like Boober, my dad keeps stuff, but what we try to tell him that his stuff either should go to my mom, me (Colette), or to people that really need his stuff. Maybe before I go to school, I will probably watch the Christmas episodes of Fraggle Rock by December before December and I am not kidding.

Thank you for posting, Plaid Fraggle.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Scared Silly is so cute, especially when Boober says "It's all in the timing" right before he kisses Wembley. Boober and Wembley have a really cute dynamic.
I did remember that scene very well. After Boober kissed him, he got so mad, I heard him muttering, "I am... gonna get him." I thought that kiss made me chuckle. They sure are rully an old couple, but they are friends.