Weekly Box Office and Film Discussion Thread

Drtooth

Reaction score
That's how it works. No matter what it is, when one thing becomes popular, everyone has to emulate it. And this is far from new. TMNT had pathetic ripoffs since it was a comic book. Not to mention how many Westerns they had in the 50's.\

Then Glee will fall out of relevance, and they'll need something else to steal, while putting aside something better. Or meddling and making that something better into a clone.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
But Glee is nothing more than a mature version of High School Musical O_0

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's a less sugar coated lie than HSM. If anything that's the one-ups-man-ship version of a ripoff. You know... like how The Voice is essentially a ripoff of American Idol but they added one other thing, and now they're just ripping off The Voice now.

But I don't think this film is too much to worry about. It's a fall film. They don't make half as much as summer films do.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I didn't see any "fart jokes" in the trailer. I kinda wanna see this though, voice cast aside. I wouldn't mind seeing Frankenweinie either. They both come out around my birthday (the former actually on it)
I've seen a TV spot that had one.
Whatever, I'm just really don't think that kind of humor is funny. :boo:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah. I'm disappointed they had to put that in there (I bet that was Sony's doing to make it a PG movie), but I still want to see this film for ol' Genndy. Maybe if the film's a success, CN will get a freaking clue and renew Sym-Biotic Titan and try to woo him back. Or at LEAST let him have the rights to a Samurai Jack film.

Hayley B

Reaction score
How about Frankenweenie? I keep thinking that's the one going to win this weekend.