Video: Big Bird on Saturday Night Live October 6

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I saw him! But my dad had the TV down, so I wasn't able to hear a darn thing! Hopefully (most likely) we'll get an online clip from NBC or Hulu. Do you know if Matt or Caroll performed him?

SSLFan

Reaction score
I saw him! But my dad had the TV down, so I wasn't able to hear a darn thing! Hopefully (most likely) we'll get an online clip from NBC or Hulu. Do you know if Matt or Caroll performed him?
Caroll. :smile:

Edit...Big Bird was also in the closing credits. Needless to say I got a little emotional when some of the cast members were hugging him. It wasn't the normal hug they give...you can tell by the look in their eyes they were hugging one of their childhod heroes. A children's icon.

And for the record- while I tried to avoid joining this conversation- let me just say right now is bittersweet moment to be a Big Bird fan. Yes our old feathered friend is finally getting some major press and is back in the spotlight, BUT the story behind how and why he's getting it just sickens me. I hope the folks at SS follow this with some more positive press for Big Bird - like a new viral video or something, similar to Cookie's. Let's be reminded of WHY we love Big Bird, instead of worrying about what his fate will be.

And let me just say once more, I LOVE BIG BIRD SOOO MUCH!:wisdom:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
That was a pretty good bit. Glad they got him on!

Drtooth

Reaction score
We know the reason why, but for those of you that missed last night's surprise performance, here it is:

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/update-big-bird/1419930

Caroll really took a moral high ground, and I applaud him for it.

However, if there's one image that I'm never going to forget, it's that Big Bird was also seen at the closing curtain call. And at least 2 cast members gave him a huge hug, both with child like wide eyes. That was the most adorable thing I've seen in some time. :wisdom:

zns

Reaction score
It just goes to show how special a character he is to Sesame Street and the world. It's that personality that Caroll Spinney gives to Big Bird that makes everyone love him. A wonderful video. Thank you for sharing.:wisdom:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Nice to see that even Big Bird himself can make light of a very heavy situation.

Buh-dum-bum-kSSH.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
That was very cute! It's good to see that Sesame Workshop and Carroll Spinney are showing a sense of humor about this situation.