The Official October/Halloween/Fall Thread

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Leaves don't really change color where I live, but I love the cool weather.
Me too, I always loved the wind myself. I don't know why but I've alwayed loved windy weather. Even those days when it's kind of cloudy and very windy, for some reason on those days I'm enjoying it so much that I forgot a thunder storm was coming. lol

There was one time when I was a kid, I went outside when it was raining hard. I brought my umbrella but didn't open it and I was dancing on my stoop looking for a street light to do my little "Singing in the Rain" number with and of course my Mom thought I was insane. I was just having some zanny fun. Still no idea if she contacted my therapist that day, people can be way too serious to let their inner child express themselves, know what I mean? lol

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Fall is my very favorite season! For me it's all about the "cool but not chilly" weather, the colors of the leaves, bringing out the flannel blankets, and Halloween. Christmas is my very favorite holiday, but Halloween comes second.

I went out for candy well into my teens (I think I stopped around 20, LOL), but I look young so I got away with it.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
My best friend is a huge fan of Nightmare at Elm Street and yeah I got to agree, 1 and 3 were the best. 4 was okay.
Of course you're only a Nightmare on Elm Street fan if you've managed to listen to the Freddy's Greatest Hits album from beginning to end, lol.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Of course you're only a Nightmare on Elm Street fan if you've managed to listen to the Freddy's Greatest Hits album from beginning to end, lol.
There was such an album? lol I'll have to ask my friend this, I'm not sure if he knows this. We know there's a Freddy rap. lol

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
There was such an album? lol I'll have to ask my friend this, I'm not sure if he knows this. We know there's a Freddy rap. lol
Yeah it was this bizarre 1980's album (I think it came out around the time of the third movie) which had Freddy (played by the real actor Robert Englund) singing some old pop standards and original songs with some studio back up singers and musicians. Truth be told it's mostly just the one female singer with Freddy interjecting humorous lines throughout. To give you an idea, the pop standards included "All I Have to Do is Dream," "Wully Bully" and "Do the Freddy." The original songs included "Dance or Else" and a synthesizer instrumental called "Elm Street Dreams." It really has to be heard to be believed, lol.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Yeah it was this bizarre 1980's album (I think it came out around the time of the third movie) which had Freddy (played by the real actor Robert Englund) singing some old pop standards and original songs with some studio back up singers and musicians. Truth be told it's mostly just the one female singer with Freddy interjecting humorous lines throughout. To give you an idea, the pop standards included "All I Have to Do is Dream," "Wully Bully" and "Do the Freddy." The original songs included "Dance or Else" and a synthesizer instrumental called "Elm Street Dreams." It really has to be heard to be believed, lol.
For some strange reason it kind of reminds me of The Beavis & Butt-head Experience Album. lol They don't sing, they just laugh though the songs and comment on it breifly (not like they do on the show), just a little "wow" "huh huh huh, that was cool" "yeah yeah, hmm hmm heh", etc.

Speaking of albums, ever heard of "Flip City" on the Ghostbusters 2 album? It starts out like a stereotypical creepy organ then goes into a pop song afterwords. lol I which Itunes and Amazon released the mp3.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
--------------
And who can forget DJ Jazzy Jeff & the Fresh Prince's "Nightmare on My Street"? Hah! Or the night Robert Englunde, as Freddy, took over veejay duties on MTV (back when they actually had music, and occasionally decent rock, at that). Superbly fun.

I hear we will have a "cool down" next week. To the mid-80s. Oh be still my beating heart. :rolleyes:
-------------------