Remembering Jerry Nelson (July 10, 1934-August 23, 2012)

Monster

Reaction score
I miss Jerry. I believe I was the very last person to work with him. I directed the photo shoot for his PR picture with Count Von Count and Herry Monster. It was SO wonderful to work with him that day. And after we did the photos he had to do some sound bites of Count Von Count... he was ver y calm and mellow for the shoot but THEN... when he did The Count he PERKED UP LIKE HE WAS 25 YEARS OLD!! And some of the performers pick one person to emote to when they are performing voice overs... and he picked ME!!! I was so touched. The Count was saying, "Count With ME... 1... 2... 3..." And I just wanted to blurt out, "1... 2... 3...!"
... but I kept it together. It was a beautiful shoot... and the very last time I would see my friend, Jerry Nelson.
Just wanted to share.

cahuenga

Reaction score
I hope someone can upload all the stuff recordered by Jerry Nelson for the season 43 of Sesame Street!! it would be a nice tribute to him and his last work!!!

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
I miss Jerry. I believe I was the very last person to work with him. I directed the photo shoot for his PR picture with Count Von Count and Herry Monster. It was SO wonderful to work with him that day. And after we did the photos he had to do some sound bites of Count Von Count... he was ver y calm and mellow for the shoot but THEN... when he did The Count he PERKED UP LIKE HE WAS 25 YEARS OLD!! And some of the performers pick one person to emote to when they are performing voice overs... and he picked ME!!! I was so touched. The Count was saying, "Count With ME... 1... 2... 3..." And I just wanted to blurt out, "1... 2... 3...!"
... but I kept it together. It was a beautiful shoot... and the very last time I would see my friend, Jerry Nelson.
Just wanted to share.
Aaawww... You're so lucky. I bet the people you saw were glad to see you work with a legendary puppeteer.
I hope you get to meet The Count again, whether who performs him now.
What were the sound bites for? Did you have a video recording of it? Was The Count operated by another person while he was talking?

Collgoff

Reaction score
Is anybody going to the living imagoes mueseum event in New York?
You know the one about Jerry Nelson!
I hope I wll go there!

ProboSowa

Reaction score
Is anybody going to the living imagoes mueseum event in New York?
You know the one about Jerry Nelson!
I hope I wll go there!
NYC is a bus ride away from me, so I'll be going. The only thing is that me and my mom aren't reserving tickets ahead of time since there isn't really any reason to become a museum member, and are instead arriving a few hours before the event starts, so I'm hoping tickets won't run out.