"The Muppets All-Star Comedy Gala" on Channel 10 (Australia)

muppetperson

Reaction score
Hurry, "The Muppets All-Star comedy gala" begins on Channel 10 at 6.30pm only half an hour away.

Ignatz

Reaction score
Just watched the version aired on Australian TV, it was great. I think it was pretty much the same as what was aired in the States except they had added in bits were an Australian host (Paul McDermont) interviewed Piggy and Kermit and Adam Hills. All the Muppet bits were great better than the comediens I saw on there (I only saw three on this version, Caroline Rhea, another Canadian comedian I forget the name of and Adam Hills, but I missed the start of the show) Fozzies intentionially bad jokes were funnier than their normal routines. The voices of Statler, Waldorf and Lew Zealand sounded a little bit off. It would have been great instead of having Lew do the defribulater they turned it into a Vetenarian's Hospital sketch, when I first saw the heart attack I thought would they go into that direction. Lew didn't really have any good lines when he came out, so I don't know what the point is of using a character that the Muppeteer wasn't that good at doing the voice of unless they had a killer line.

Edit: the other comedian was Steve Patterson

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Just watched the version aired on Australian TV, it was great. I think it was pretty much the same as what was aired in the States except they had added in bits were an Australian host (Paul McDermont) interviewed Piggy and Kermit and Adam Hills.
How was the interview with Kermit and Piggy?

Ignatz

Reaction score
^Pretty standard stuff, McDermott aked them if the puppets were coming 'down under', Kermit noted that he was in Sydney to promote the previous movie then Miss Piggy got angry that she didn't go as well, I'd say just the basic talk show Piggy and Kermit schtick not hilarious but still enjoyable. At the end of the interview Piggy, Kermit and McDermott did a short a cappela version of Rainbow Connection with Piggy taking over the singing for more attention.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Just watched the version aired on Australian TV, it was great. I think it was pretty much the same as what was aired in the States except they had added in bits were an Australian host (Paul McDermont) interviewed Piggy and Kermit and Adam Hills. All the Muppet bits were great better than the comediens I saw on there (I only saw three on this version, Caroline Rhea, another Canadian comedian I forget the name of and Adam Hills, but I missed the start of the show) Fozzies intentionially bad jokes were funnier than their normal routines. The voices of Statler, Waldorf and Lew Zealand sounded a little bit off. It would have been great instead of having Lew do the defribulater they turned it into a Vetenarian's Hospital sketch, when I first saw the heart attack I thought would they go into that direction. Lew didn't really have any good lines when he came out, so I don't know what the point is of using a character that the Muppeteer wasn't that good at doing the voice of unless they had a killer line.

Edit: the other comedian was Steve Patterson
And there was one more-Danny Boy (or something like that).

Ignatz

Reaction score
Was Sam the eagle at the start I heard that on one discription of the live gala show they said he apeared or was this cut from the televised version?