Shows you hate but love?

mo

Reaction score
I don't understand why I'm starting this thread...or why I'm typing this 0.0
anyhow, Theres a lot of good shows and theres alot of bad shows
and there are shows that you think are bad but also good.

I kinda like phineas and ferb because the quotes and diolouge are hilarious but the predictable plot ruins it for me :stick_out_tongue:

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
You mean shows so bad, they're good? Well, Penguins of Madagascar has a stupid premise (come on, four bland characters from an only-decent film franchise warranted their own series?), but is surprisingly very enjoyable.

mo

Reaction score
You mean shows so bad, they're good? Well, Penguins of Madagascar has a stupid premise (come on, four bland characters from an only-decent film franchise warranted their own series?), but is surprisingly very enjoyable.
that's what I mean :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'd argue they're the four best characters in the film, with the one even bester character and his two suffering lackeys. If they made the show about Gloria, Melman, Alex, and Marty, I don't think it would have been that good. I somehow really like the franchise, but I think the series is far better than the films themselves. But the show is very addictive. Heck, it even successfully predicted Bronies!

Now, the show I really hate to love is Johnny Test. I know I should hate it and all, but I really liked the first season when it was produced by Warner Bros. It was actually kinda funny then. Then it became the extremeness it mocked, and the flash animated Canadian produced episodes just leave a bad taste in my mouth. Except for like one or two.

And uh... a certain show of an equine nature that I rue the day for ever letting my morbid curiosity succumb to it. I'm not normally ashamed of anything I like, but...

mo

Reaction score
Now, the show I really hate to love is Johnny Test.
I just hate that show period, It's ironic that my brothers are watching it while I'm typing this :/

Drtooth

Reaction score
Eh, the Dog is kinda funny, and somehow the character design of Mr. Teacherman cracks me up for some reason. Plus, back when it was on Kid's WB, it was between two good shows, so you kinda have to watch it because there's nothing else on. The only thing I really find interesting is that's it's a reverse Dexter's Lab. The sisters are the smart ones and the brother is the idiot who keeps screwing in the laboratory. And, while the novelty wore off on it very quick, I actually found it novel that the main character was a freaking spoiled brat. Growing up with overly sweet 1980's cartoon kids, it is a revolutionary concept. Even Bart Simpson shows signs of remorse sometimes.

Still, the Warner Bros produced season is the only decent one. I especially like the one where he accidentally builds a nightmare house for his father, and it's haunted by the "Stay at home dad clowns." ("You're dad has issues")

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I used to really hate Hogan's Heroes with a passion because of how stupid and trivial the show was, making war look like a big party and a great time had by all, and depicting the Nazis as sweet and lovable buffoons... but for some reason, it's grown on me in recent years... though it still can't hold a candle to a far more superior show like M*A*S*H.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I'd say The Fairly Oddparents falls into that category. As I said before, I watch it, but I don't really like it. I dunno. it's one of those weird shows that even though I can't stand it, once I start watching it, I just either can't turn it off, or don't feel like turning it off.

I also have to agree with DrTooth about Johnny Test. I don't particularly like it, but some of the episodes are pretty good. Although sometimes I'll sit and wonder why the heck I'm still watching it...then I realize there is nothing better on XP

Hayley B

Reaction score
I'm going to say "Drawn Together". That cartoon was so gross and mean. But yet, I couldn't help watching it either.