Video: The Muppet Christmas Carol Blu-ray Extras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Check out previews of some of The Muppet Christmas Carol Blu-ray extras...

"The Muppet Christmas Carol" will finally arrive on Blu-ray Tuesday November 6.
Since most of us will be getting "The Muppet Christmas Carol" Blu-ray, we'd like to mention that if you order the Muppet Blu-ray from Amazon using this link, that a small portion of your entire order will go to Muppet Central to help keep the site, forum and radio running smoothly and help make future upgrades possible. It's a great way to help MC and get a great price on the DVD. We greatly appreciate each person that helps support MC by placing orders through links on our site.

November 6 will be one of the biggest release dates of the year (next to March 20 of course). The releases include: The Muppet Christmas Carol Blu-ray, A Special Sesame Street Christmas DVD (A Special Sesame Street Christmas CD is coming to October 16) and Sesame Street Old School Volume 3 on DVD as well.

Reaction score
Just checked the Amazon web site, and the Muppet Christmas Carol blu-ray running time is 84 minutes, four minutes shorter than my laserdisc version which included the song, "When Love Is Gone."

I'm so sick right now I can't tell you.

Yes I can. Did IQ's just drop sharply at Disney? Has no one there read all the desires expressed by fans of this movie to see it complete and uncut in the best format possible? I intend to contact them about this terrible -- it can't be an oversight -- decision to remove the most touching moment in the entire film!

Vincent L

Reaction score
Let's just hope it's included in the bonus features.
(and somehow I see 85 minutes)

Reaction score
Well, I've got the final word from Lana at Disney DVD, and the blu-ray version is going to be "theatrical" version only!

Muppet fans, we have to band together on this one and make it a complete dud for Disney. We shouldn't buy this release, and we should all be calling 800-723-4763 and let them know WHY we're not buying it.

The Muppet Christmas Carol deserves a blu-ray treatment in widescreen complete with the exquisite and pivotal "When Love Is Gone" musical number.

I will continue to hold on to my beloved laserdisc of this film and watch it every year, or have it converted to DVD at a price more expensive than buying only most of the film.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Keep in mind, the song "When Love is Gone" was not in the US theatrical release of the film at all. It was a deleted scene. It was added later for the 1993 US VHS and Laserdisc release that you now have. Brian Henson pushed to have it included in the theatrical cut, but Disney removed it from the final film. We're lucky Disney released it at all really.

So if Disney doesn't include it in the Blu-ray cut of the film, some people will be upset that it's not there (like you), but others will be upset that it's not exactly like the theatrical version because they believe it should only be included as a "deleted scene" which it technically is.

I do agree at the very least "When Love is Gone" should be included as a "deleted scene" or "bonus feature" without question. Many folks like the Meredith Braun song. By the way, Meredith Braun has released a new solo album which includes an English and French version of Rainbow Connection. Check it out if you haven't heard it.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
It's a wonderful song, and should in some way be on the Blu-ray.

Reaction score
Seamless branching would have been a simple solution.

Seeing the film with the song included is the only way to go in my opinion. Disney was wrong to cut it from the theatrical version, and a 20th Anniversary edition ought to include the Director's Cut.

Why anyone would be unhappy were the song included is beyond me.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I'm really looking forward to this. And I really hope that if we get this, that there are more Blu-rays coming. I would love to see what all they could do with the Muppet Movie.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I still have yet to decide if I'm buying this. "The When Love Is Gone" scene really doesn't bother me one way or another if its included or not. This was a movie that was just okay to me. I didn't hate it but didn't love it either...but at the same time I'd love to hear the new audio commentary. I'll probably just wait and hear what everyone thinks of it first.

Although I think Amazon could've done their homework better in the "Product Details" they have Steve Whitmire listed as "Steve Whitmore." :/

Status
Not open for further replies.