TMS Seasons 4 and 5 Petition

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I signed it yesterday when Ryan posted it on Facebook. He's a great guy and I'm sure he has his reasons for not asking. Besides like Muppetfan said its not like Disney doesn't know people want seasons 4 and 5. It would be nice if they'd give an actual reason for why its been delayed all this time but...I doubt were gonna get any answers anytime soon.

Convincing John

Reaction score
Besides like Muppetfan said its not like Disney doesn't know people want seasons 4 and 5.
Yeah, Disney knows we want 'em! Remember when even Walter requested Disney to release them? (There's a clip of him online requesting them, I think)...

It's gotta be a music rights thing or a "deceased celebrity's estate" thing. I thought about the Star Wars episode, too. Lucas himself wouldn't care if DVDs came out with 30 seconds of C-3PO tap dancing, but some suit at 20th Century Fox says "not so fast!" and pulls out more red tape than Pee Wee Herman pulled out chain to tie up his bike.

I'm in agreement with DrTooth. Whenever we find out who the offending copyright holder is. Then, we can all give them...

I'm just glad Disney's cool with vintage Kermit on Old School Sesame Street sets.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
And that's exactly why Disney isn't gonna release such information. I'm sure Disney doesn't not know the money they'd be making by releasing them on DVD. I just think the big reason is copyrights. Otherwise I think they would've been out a long time ago. I'd also like to point out even if Ryan were to ask what was going on I doubt they would tell him much if anything anyways.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah, Disney knows we want 'em! Remember when even Walter requested Disney to release them? (There's a clip of him online requesting them, I think)...

It's gotta be a music rights thing or a "deceased celebrity's estate" thing. I thought about the Star Wars episode, too. Lucas himself wouldn't care if DVDs came out with 30 seconds of C-3PO tap dancing, but some suit at 20th Century Fox says "not so fast!" and pulls out more red tape than Pee Wee Herman pulled out chain to tie up his bike.
Fox's ownership of Star Wars is actually quite thin because they had no faith in the movie, and gave Lucas control of the merchandising and licensing. So Lucas would be the one to say yay or nay, and I doubt that would be the case, since Lucas has had a history of working with Henson and Disney. If he wanted all prints expunged for some reason, we probably wouldn't have got the episode on the Columbia/Time Life DVD.

But it has to be celebrity estate or musical rights if that's the hold up. The John Denver estate is sitting on the Muppet specials (he/his estate owns the rights), and I hear that music Michael Jackson partially owned had to be renegotiated in a couple instances of something else, though I'd hate for this to be the case here.

I'm in agreement with DrTooth. Whenever we find out who the offending copyright holder is. Then, we can all give them...

:wink:

And thanks again for the M.U.S.C.L.E.S.

muppetfan16

Reaction score
I always heard it was a big hold-up with the music rights... Regardless of the reason, I hope seasons 4 and 5 come out soon. I expected them to be released when the new movie came out, kind of as a publicity thing. Sadly, that was not the case. So, I hope the petition works! I signed it, and I'm sure gonna tell my sister to sign it, as well!

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
It's obvious Disney's main focus right now is MCC. All we can do is keep hoping. Although most of that for me has went out the window. :/