Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 43

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Why season 39?
I dunno. They already re-ran the same street stories that are getting re-ran this season duing season 41; I don't see why they didn't pick different ones.

Trying to talk to these mothers on Facebook is quite difficult, what with me not being a parent and all, which is their only argument against me.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well I'm a parent so I posted something on there to kind of back up what you where saying and to also back up what some of the parents where saying as well. Hey I need to run for office!

Muppetgirl1

Reaction score
I started to record it like a month ago and I am glad they got rid of Mr. Noodle he was creepy to me

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I will give EW this; the emails were good and while I don't recall any of Mr. Noodle's segments that well, I think Bill Irwin is a terrific performer. Look up his other Sesame appearances; they're great.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Yes the e mails where fun and it was away to involve more classic SS muppets

Drtooth

Reaction score
I will give EW this; the emails were good and while I don't recall any of Mr. Noodle's segments that well, I think Bill Irwin is a terrific performer. Look up his other Sesame appearances; they're great.
The E-mails and other character cameos were always great... mainly because it made you remember there were other characters on the show besides Elmo. And the cartoon segment was usually pretty good. Other than that, filler, filler, filler. Mr. Noodle, no matter who played him, always fell flat. The talk to a baby thing really had no point to it, and just over all they should have had a better vehicle for Elmo. ETM comes from the sound thinking of Abby's Flying School, Super Grover 2.0, and Bert and Ernie's Great Adventures. Smarter writing, engaging plot, adventure stories....I may not be a big fan of the block programming format, but these are the best segments Sesame Street ever had.

I just hope the nagging by parents doesn't ruin this, bringing us back to losing 15 minutes of the show to the same fuzzy math that gave us the Baby Einstein videos.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Why season 39?
These few Season 39 episodes are being reworked into the regular Season 43 26 episodes due to the extra cost and time involved of producing 10 Elmo the Musical segments for this season.

I also wish they would be the same as the originals (with the exception of the show open and show number), but apparently Sesame Workshop has updated them. They will air soon enough.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The episode for Wednesday September 26 is...

4303: Hansel & Gretel's Playdate

Hansel and Gretel are afraid they'll forget how to return to the subway station when the visit Big Bird, so they leave a trail of cookie crumbs.

Drtooth

Reaction score
One quick thing...

Anyone else find the Earth's Best commercial with the baby's head superimposed on a CGI body has gotten even more unsettling this season?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 4303: Hansel and Gretel's Playdate.

Word on the Street: Remember.

Street Story:
Hansel and Gretel get dropped off by their parents at the subway station before going to meet Big Bird at his nest. The kids plan on leaving a trail to get them back to the station. They remember what happened last time with the breadcrumbs. Hansel says they also have peanut butter cookies, so they'll leave a trail of that, much better.
Er, how's a trail of cookie crumbs better than breadcrumbs? C'mon, you know :insatiable: has to show up to eat the cookie crumbs.

Big Bird takes them back to the subway station to make a new trail of paper pieces.
And of course the wind blows away the trail.

So the kids have to have a third trail created out of a bag of fish Hansel happens to have.
Can you spot the pattern yet?
The Fabulous Fish Jugglers? What the hey? They could have used Wolfgang instead, he was seen a few seasons ago. Though it was a subtle nod towards another performer who uses them as his act. :fishy:
The kids remember how to get back to the subway station thanks to Big Bird's directions... And their parents show up by following a shnitzel trail.

This was another one of those bleh repetitive episode.

Segments.
1 Muppets/Celebrity: Abby and somebody else explain "remember".
This one stands out because they use the Sesame classic, a loaf of bread, container of milk, and a stick of butter.
They even used the music, until the Muppetized food items show up.
2 Updated version of the Loaf of Bread, Container of Milk, and a Stick of Butter insert.
3 Murray calls Dr. Ovejita to examine his big bouncy belly, resulting in him having the letter B.
4 B is for a kid who has a brother, loves basketball and ballet, bats and birds, blueberries and bananas, birthdays and B.
5 Telly and Oscar demonstrate B words, finally, a funny letter segment.
6 Abby's Flying Fairy School: The Sea of Senses.
The fairies have to clean up the mess created by Blögg's sludgeball collection.
Heh, they turn an electric eel into the infamous Clapper Lights, slapping it with their tails.
7 C-Lo Green 'Simon Says' musical number.
8 Murray and Ovejita show 17 stars.
8 The same girl from yesterday's now counting seventeen mushrooms.
If the Number of the Day's going to be presented by a Muppet pressing a button, then ditch these boring bits and bring in Count TV already! :grouchy:
9 Bert & Ernie's Great Adventures: Loch Ness.
*Snickers at Bert saying the monster's just a myth.
A what?
:smile: A myth, myth.
Myth: Yeth.
10 Ziggy version of the same 'Simon Says' song from earlier.
11 Murray at the Museum of Modern Remembering, trying to remember where the goldfish's hidden.
12 GrouchBO presents True Mud.
13 Some pattern game with cowboy hats.
14 Elmo: The Musical, Sea Captain: The Musical.
So we've got a somewhat South Pacific parody, but moreso a Moby Dick parody as Captain Elmo searches for Moby Pink aided by his crew of chicken sailors.
Well, at least the counting chicken sailors should pacify the people griping that Elmo's World should be brought back.
Why am I reminded of the relevant verse from the Warner Siblings' version of the Christmas song Noel?
The trail for Moby Pink leads to the Bermuda Octagon. And they even pass up the Bermuda Triangle.
Captain Elmo has to beat a giant octopus at a game of ping-pong. Is that Bill using a Clueless Morgan voice? This reminds me of the ping-pong match between Blue Falcon and Orful Octopus.
Captain Elmo then uses subtraction to get the itchy barnacles off of Moby Pink before they end up dancing with a whale.