Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 43

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I don't know about anyone else but I loved when Elmo kept saying boyzzzz with that eye trick that he now does I want to hear him do that more very funny.
This has been what I have been trying to say for some time. Elmo can be such a well rounded monster and not always be so happy and loving. He showed three diffrent emotions and played them all very well. the song was wonderful and agin I almost got a little teary eyes watching.
Now I have to say Frank and Jerry did a wonderful job on that last Grover and Mr. Johnson insert. They both sounded great and it was a whole lot of fun to watch.
Elmo the musical again was very good and ended in a very sweet little story that I really liked.
All in all that is two for two and we are doing pretty good.
My only complaint is Abby's flying fairy school, I really hope we don't have to wait 15 years or more before that gets changed.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
This was a great episode. I really liked how Elmo went from being a bad loser to being a bad winner, and saw it coming before it happened. The Flying Fairy School segment was great, with Super-Fairy being so egotistical (almost like a female Darkwing Duck). The Bert and Ernie's Great Adventures segment is one of the best, too bad they didn't put Big Bird into the bird olympics, and today's Elmo the Musical is a lot better than yesterdays.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Despite it being an Elmo/Abby-type episode, this one was rather pretty good. Not only was I laughing at Telly's "Eye of the Potato" method, but I was really cracking up whenever Elmo bragged about winning (so far that was the best bad winner behavior I've ever seen in any children's TV show; especially the "boyeezz" expression he kept letting out, and then Leela mocking it), although I didn't think his bragging would hurt both Abby AND Telly's feelings.

As for the rest of the episode, I enjoyed the Bert and Ernie's Great Adventures segment (although it was a repeat), the Grover and Mr. Johnson coffee shop skit (does anyone else think this could have been a parody of Starbucks that they were trying to have Grover work at? Of course we do know that this is probably Jerry Nelson's final performance as Mr. Johnson. Like dwayne1115 pointed out, Frank and Jerry did an awesome job performing it), and the Elmo: The Musical segment (it did go rather well with the plot we saw earlier in the episode).

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I wish the parents on Facebook would stop complaining. They should know they're kids are too young to be watching TV anyway. I see videos all the time of 2 and younger ones dancing to songs from the show, but they have no idea what's going on. The message probably doesn't even sink in for them.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I liked today's street story. The Eye of the Tiger parody was the highlight. I also liked Elmo's "BOI" thing. The word of the day bit was okay. Gonna have to get used to that Abby puppet. The new Murray tune-in was pretty good. The Grover and Mr. Johnson bit was hilarious! Elmo the Musical was awesome! Stephanie D'Abruzzo, John Tartagila, and Leslie's performances as the cheerleaders were funny.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
...however, I do draw the line at calling them idiots, as one person did. I don't AGREE with the parents, but I wouldn't go so far to flat-out insult them like that.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I wouldn't call them idiots either, but it's the same thing I said about amazon reviews. Misguided is the word. They feel that Sesame Street is a baby show, and SW wants to break free of that. The proof is getting rid of Elmo's World. And as I've been saying, that's a segment that works for younger audiences that shouldn't watch television anyway.

However, I'd be afraid that they'd abandon the superior Elmo the Musical format because of the relentless whining. Look what happened to the Katy Perry segment. ETM has to have tested well enough for SW to explore that segment.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
However, I'd be afraid that they'd abandon the superior Elmo the Musical format because of the relentless whining. Look what happened to the Katy Perry segment. ETM has to have tested well enough for SW to explore that segment.
Even in the NY Times article about the bit, Carol-Lynn said they wanted to replace EW, but they knew it was so popular, so finding something worth the money replacing it was a hard decision. And it says this about the testing:

At the day care center in Harlem, Elmo’s new adventures mostly got raves from two viewing groups. Sitting afterward with her adult monitor, a girl in braids with bright purple beads was one of the few in two separate age groups who didn’t pick up on what a rhombus (a diamond shape) was, pointing to a triangle instead. Still, it was a good bet she would watch again. “I like when Elmo was dancing and dancing and dancing and dancing,” she said, giggling.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
So I watched the Cookie Monster episode today.
Street Story-Brilliant. Cookie Monster trying to change himself, and I loved how Commander Chip starts acting like him after Cookie changed.
Word of the Day-Halle Berry's reaction to the chick and fish gulping their food was hilarious.
Cartoon with the little girl-Alright, but is it just me or is it weird how she calls her siblings "Brother" and "Sister". This isn't Bernsatin Bears folks.
Murrary Tune In Letter-Alright it's good to see them using new ideas for the Letter f the day.
Abby's Flying Fairy School-Good as usual. Blogg was very funny in this one. He wouldn't listen to Abby and Gonnigan!
Count Song-Sadly I brushed my teeth during it. :sigh:
Super Grover 2.0-Repeat but a good one!
Elmo the Musical-I had to miss it because I had to get ready for school. (mutters- Darn school. Can't you start 1/2 hour later?"