Pre-Order Sesame Street Old School Volume 3 (1979-1984) coming to DVD 11/6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sesame Skates

Reaction score
I was sorely disappointed in the lack of variety in the first two volumes: Everything brought to you by the number 2! I never thought I'd get tired of the "Two Little Girls and a Dollhouse" sketch. I won't be wishlisting this for Christmas if they do that again.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I was sorely disappointed in the lack of variety in the first two volumes: Everything brought to you by the number 2! I never thought I'd get tired of the "Two Little Girls and a Dollhouse" sketch. I won't be wishlisting this for Christmas if they do that again.
Explain this to me.

Other than the fact they painted themselves into a corner by making every episode on all three sets the first episode, and other than the fact the only edits to the episodes are based on songs and footage they couldn't clear the rights to (and at least a couple instances of censorship). Please tell me this...

Sesame Street was supposed to repeat segments, and no one ever thought of putting an episode on home video until a few years ago. That's why all the home videos before then were 30 minutes of themed segments with linking materials.

It's not an intentional money saving conspiracy to screw the fans, it's dealing with a series of co-incidences and unintended effects due to not having the foresight of something that didn't exist then. We get like, a couple repeated segments per disk... think of all we get that hasn't been repeated yet. Complaining about 2 minutes of something we've already seen vs. hours of stuff we haven't? That's nitpicking at the worst level of fandom.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Like all all of you Classic Sesame Fans out there, I'm pretty excited for this long awaited release (does anyone else besides me notice that it's coming out exactly 5 years after Old School Volume 2 came out??). When I brought the first 2 when they came out, I took the plastic wrap off and watched them the minute I got home, but this year I'm actually going to risk the chance of waiting longer to watch it, so I'm going to request it from my mom or my uncle for Christmas.

While, I am very well looking forward to this release, there's something that got me to thinking. The premiers for seasons 11 (IDK for sure) and 14 both ended up being week-long trip episodes. So it got me to wondering if SW is going to show the other episodes from the Puerto Rico and Camp Echo Rock trips or if they're just going to stick with showing only the first episode from the week.

If anyone else has their own input about this, let me know.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Explain this to me.

Other than the fact they painted themselves into a corner by making every episode on all three sets the first episode, and other than the fact the only edits to the episodes are based on songs and footage they couldn't clear the rights to (and at least a couple instances of censorship). Please tell me this...
You mean the brief instance of nudity in the washing insert from episode 1? I thought that was due to music rights, too.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
While, I am very well looking forward to this release, there's something that got me to thinking. The premiers for seasons 11 (IDK for sure) and 14 both ended up being week-long trip episodes. So it got me to wondering if SW is going to show the other episodes from the Puerto Rico and Camp Echo Rock trips or if they're just going to stick with showing only the first episode from the week.
I don't think there'd be enough disc space to include the whole trips (unless they include just the street scenes).

There's good and bad news here: The good news is that two of the episodes won't be sponsored by 2 (they'll be sponsored by 8 and 12), the bad news is that at least one of these episodes does contain the Dollhouse segment (who currently knows what Noggin edited from these episodes? In fact Noggin edited the segment out of some of the episodes that appear on the first two sets).

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Wow, that's a great cover image. I wasn't expecting them to include a few still images on this cover, but it's still good. Glad to see Kermit on the cover, and I guess this confirms that the clip with the adults explaining Mr. Hooper's death to Big Bird will be included. The only change I would make would be to include Telly and maybe Barkley on the cover. But hey, it's not often you get to see Prairie Dawn on a DVD cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.