Best of Sesame Friends DVD

muppetlover123

Reaction score
does the dvd have a season pass for one year for the new kinect sesame street game

muppetlover123

Reaction score
oh the xbox kinect thing said dvd code from a sesame dvd could work..

minor muppetz

Reaction score
oh the xbox kinect thing said dvd code from a sesame dvd could work..
Maybe it hasn't yet. Or maybe there is a code and it's just not listed as a season pass. I also checked the recently-released Elmo's Alphabet Challenge and don't see any such codes included (though there is a "Save $5 on Let's Rock Elmo" sticker, which I haven't picked off to see if there's any other offers, but this thing doesn't appear in "Best of Friends").

muppetlover123

Reaction score
ohh well lol do you have to buy best of friends in the target store?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
ohh well lol do you have to buy best of friends in the target store?
Currently you do. In the last few years there have been a number of DVDs initially sold exclusively at Target (and a handful of Wal-Mart exclusives as well), and they have all eventually been available in other stores within a year of release.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Picked this up at Sam's Club the other day. Not a bad release if I do say so myself, I do like the selection of inserts used myself. One question that is on my mind is with all the classic clips there are on this DVD, why exactly did they use the remakes of Ernie and Bert's L and Imagination songs? Not complaining (well okay, using the remake of Imagination is a minor quibble since the original version is my absolute favorite SST moment of all time, but hey, there are other sources for that one), I just found it odd, considering we had the originals of C is for Cookie, and even Snuffy's Cloud in the Sky song (which I've never seen, but I remember the one from Season 34 when Richard Kind was Snuffy's Fairy Balloon Person). Ironically though, I am glad we got the 80s version of ABC-DEF-GHI, which is my personal favorite version of that one. Also just a little disheartened that that's the only Big Bird clip used that I'm familiar with... I haven't seen any of the others before until now, though I had heard a snippet of "Wheels on My Heels" courtesy of flashback montage at the end of THE STREET WE LIVE ON... though now that I hear the whole song, I don't really care for it. :stick_out_tongue:

And once again, I find myself with proof that HD is a myth - Abby's portion of the DVD really points this out, because if you look carefully, the "HD" clips have a slight blur to them, whereas as the video taped clips are crystal clear. Again, just because something's cropped into widescreen, that doesn't mean it magically makes the picture clearer than it was before.

But I'm glad I got this, again, really like the selection, and I was able to delete a number of videos from my favorites on YouTube because I now have them preserved on DVD.

And did anyone notice that Elmo got special billing on this release much like Big Bird and Oscar have for years?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
And once again, I find myself with proof that HD is a myth - Abby's portion of the DVD really points this out, because if you look carefully, the "HD" clips have a slight blur to them, whereas as the video taped clips are crystal clear. Again, just because something's cropped into widescreen, that doesn't mean it magically makes the picture clearer than it was before.

And did anyone notice that Elmo got special billing on this release much like Big Bird and Oscar have for years?
Elmo's credit has been happening in the credits as early as 2010.

And the HD stuff isn't shown in HD on these DVDs; they're HD material shown in SD, so it's not going to look as good as it would on Blu-ray or an HDTV. I have, believe me, the stuff looks crystal clear. And HD really isn't just 4:3 cropped into 16:9; it's more 4:3 with more information on each side to make it 16:9.