The "What Seems to Be in Store for Season 43" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cahuenga

Reaction score
Who are the performers in the Birdwalk Empire sketch??

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
Who are the performers in the Birdwalk Empire sketch??
I know that Joey Mazzarino did the Nucky Ducky, David Rudman did the blue duck, Frank Oz did Clucky Luciano, and Agent van CooCoo was voiced by the late Jerry Nelson (I think).

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I know that Joey Mazzarino did the Nucky Ducky, David Rudman did the blue duck, Frank Oz did Clucky Luciano, and Agent van CooCoo was voiced by the late Jerry Nelson.
Actually, the Cuckoo was Tyler Bunch.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
How did you find the segments on sesamestreet.org? Did you just stumple upon them? Considering the site seems to no longer have a "recently added" bar and search results for "season 43" only bring up segments about the four seasons of the year.

These segments are funny. At first I actually thought the Mr. Johnson segment would end with him getting what he ordered (wouldn't it be fitting if Jerry Nelson's last sketch as the character actually ended that way?).

I seem to notice a pattern. These last few years, whenever Frank Oz actually performs a one-shot character, it's always in a parody of something (and with the exception of Mad Men they're parodies of shows I hadn't even heard of).

Oscarfan

Reaction score
How did you find the segments on sesamestreet.org? Did you just stumple upon them? Considering the site seems to no longer have a "recently added" bar and search results for "season 43" only bring up segments about the four seasons of the year.
I do searches for things that would air. I search the characters, "songs", "letter", "number".

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Do you think Frank has been doing these big spoofs as of late because he's been talking for quite some time about SST not being as hip and clever as it used to be back in the day? I mean, prior to the Mad Men parody, when's the last time he performed a character other than Bert, Grover, or Cookie Monster?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I think he wants to try new things. I mean, after so many years of being brought in to do three characters, doing some new ones would be a breath of fresh air.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I think he wants to try new things. I mean, after so many years of being brought in to do three characters, doing some new ones would be a breath of fresh air.
Even then, it's been ages since he last performed Cookie Monster or Bert. Though he's said in interviews that he really likes Grover because the character just came to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.