The "Have You Ever Wondered..." Thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Have you ever wondered why tornadoes are never named like hurricanes are? I mean I'm pretty sure it's probably because they're far more common than that of hurricanes throughout the year in far more parts of the world, but still, I HAVE wondered...

Hubert

Reaction score
Have you ever wondered why tornadoes are never named like hurricanes are? I mean I'm pretty sure it's probably because they're far more common than that of hurricanes throughout the year in far more parts of the world, but still, I HAVE wondered...
Because tornadoes aren't something that people are tracking for days and days. They come and they go. The reason hurricanes have a name is so that people and meteorologists can easily talk about the progress of them, while also assigned potential predictions, warnings, etc.

Tornadoes on the other hand, you never care about a hurricane unless it's near you, and even then, you don't track the progress of it. It's a come and go thing.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
"And Tornado Teddy was last seen over Dorothy's house..."

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Maybe it's just me, but has anyone wondered what happened to Adele? We were hearing her ALL THE TIME for a while there on the radio, you probably heard both "We Could've Had it All" and "Someone Like You" multiple times a week, and of course, she was always at these music award shows, usually performing "We Could've Had it All" rather off-key (unless the recorded version was in PAL, and that's why, considering she's from England), but now, I can't even remember the last time any of her songs have been played on the radio, and it also kind of seems like she's disappeared from the mainstream as of late. What's up with that? Or are the likes of Justin Bieber, Carly Rae Jepsen, and Gotye overshadowing everybody right now?

charlietheowl

Reaction score
She's taken some time off recently because she's having a child with her fiancee, so she hasn't really worked on a follow-up album yet. I think radio programmers and other promoters just moved on to the next flavors of the month because she couldn't make the promotional rounds and appearances.

Animal'sBunny

Reaction score
Yeah, I heard somewhere Adele was taking a break from music because shes pregnant, but before she also had a huge vocal cord problem thing so she couldn't sing. Also Rumor Has It plays sometimes on the radio (I heard it Friday) :smile: