TV Alert: Kermit and Miss Piggy on "Best in TV" ABC special September 18

DannyRWW

Reaction score
I was happy that three of the five best non-humans were puppets...lassie and spock seemed out of place

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Same here...I just wanna find out who that woman was that made that fantastic quote. I really wanted to acknowledge her...
It's already uploaded on abc.com :big_grin: I believe the woman was from People magazine though.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Is this the first time Kermit's excuse for not marrying Piggy has been because of interspecies marriages not being legal?
That's something I've wondered about that as well. i always thought :smile: himself din't want to marry her, but it does seem like there relationship has grown in recent years. Interesting to know that he may consider it some day.
Kermit- Piggy your my number one. *had a moment!!!!* Kermit made no 1 though!!! Woo!!!
That was a good save too. He would have gotten a huge karate chop if he hadn't come up with that one.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score

That's something I've wondered about that as well. i always thought :smile: himself din't want to marry her, but it does seem like there relationship has grown in recent years. Interesting to know that he may consider it some day.
I just recently said this wasn't the first time Kermit has said such things. Once in awhile though he'll avoid it but depends on the mood of the interview I think. This one was a little serious so he was able to answer a little more candidly as opposed to other ones where he jokes it off. But I will say lately he doesn't shy away from the question like in the past. Hes been open with his relationship with Piggy ever since the release of the latest film. I'm guessing this is Steve's new take on developing Kermit's character.

As for the other bit while he may have been under Piggy's threat you could still tell it was sincere. I mean she didn't really force him to say anything. Besides who else but Kermit could calm her down. Lol

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's the "Best in TV" Kermit and Piggy clips to watch again and again.

Even though the Sesame Street characters weren't nominated if you look really closely at the end of the Piggy segment you'll see a photo of the Count in the countdown montage. Whether intentional or not, it's a great little tribute for Jerry. My bride saw this immediately on the first viewing.

Here are the other winners not on the "Best in TV" show. What do you think of these fan-voted selections?

The Best Animated TV Series

The Best TV Theme Song

The Best Game Shows

The Best Soap Operas

The Most Memorable Televised Moments

Drtooth

Reaction score
I was happy that three of the five best non-humans were puppets...lassie and spock seemed out of place
I'm really happy that 2 of them were Muppets. I will say they went out of their way to hide the Muppets being puppets, but the fact they basically out and out said ALF was a puppet made me cringe a little. Especially since I hear Paul Fusco goes completely out of his way to hide that fact. Kinda wish they showed a clip of his cartoon series too.

And I feel I need to comment on the animated TV shows. No real complaint for me, though I hardly call Charlie Brown a TV series through it's specials, but that's just me and I think Looney Tunes should have been number one over the Flintstones... but I totally see what they were going with.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Even though the Sesame Street characters weren't nominated if you look really closely at the end of the Piggy segment you'll see a photo of the Count in the countdown montage. Whether intentional or not, it's a great little tribute for Jerry. My bride saw this immediately on the first viewing.
Yeah. I saw the Count. It was a shame there was no mention of him or any other Muppets, though they did mention on GMA today that "Sesame Street" should have been nominated.

As for the other bit while he may have been under Piggy's threat you could still tell it was sincere. I mean she didn't really force him to say anything. Besides who else but Kermit could calm her down. Lol
You're right about that one. If someone like Gonzo had said that, she'd be:

:mad: Oh, who cares!
I'm really happy that 2 of them were Muppets. I will say they went out of their way to hide the Muppets being puppets, but the fact they basically out and out said ALF was a puppet made me cringe a little. Especially since I hear Paul Fusco goes completely out of his way to hide that fact. Kinda wish they showed a clip of his cartoon series too.
Plus, I hear there's a new ALF movie coming out. I know that's a bit off topic, but I just thought I'd mention it.

Hes been open with his relationship with Piggy ever since the release of the latest film. I'm guessing this is Steve's new take on developing Kermit's character.
Well, I've noticed it happened even before that. It seems like they have been established as a couple since IAVMMCM. I'm assuming that was around that time.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Well, I've noticed it happened even before that. It seems like they have been established as a couple since IAVMMCM. I'm assuming that was around that time.
I wouldn't totally say that. Before he would hint or admit it once in awhile but then he would say they weren't together and they just had a professional relationship. The difference with it now is is he's been consistent with it.