RedPiggy's Comeback King Saga (a re-write)

Yva Minstrel

Reaction score
Hi,

I have only gotten through with act 1, but so far this story is really wonderful. Well written and interesting. I will hopefully get to act two very soon. I will also try and get a longer feedback up here once I get through the next chapters.

Congrats on finishing this project. I went and printed it out and it had over 130 pages. My compliments to you.

~Yva

RedPiggy

Reaction score
My Word version is longer, since it has the url's spelled out. :big_grin:

Act 2 is more of a bridge. There were characters I had wanted to use in Act 1 but didn't, or characters (like Kermit) that had bit parts and I wanted to explore what happened to them a little more. It also introduces Jareth's concept of summoning a council of all the Hensonian royals I could come up with. Sigh. Disney is chock full of royals....

I wanted this fic done by Labor Day weekend so I could concentrate on school.

But my head is already swimming with Dinosaurs ideas... LOL...

Now I have a "movie" poster (roughly 5x7). It could also work as a front cover for a book (at over 130 pages, it practically qualifies as a book :big_grin:).

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
My Word version is longer, since it has the url's spelled out. :big_grin:

Act 2 is more of a bridge. There were characters I had wanted to use in Act 1 but didn't, or characters (like Kermit) that had bit parts and I wanted to explore what happened to them a little more. It also introduces Jareth's concept of summoning a council of all the Hensonian royals I could come up with. Sigh. Disney is chock full of royals....

I wanted this fic done by Labor Day weekend so I could concentrate on school.

But my head is already swimming with Dinosaurs ideas... LOL...

Now I have a "movie" poster (roughly 5x7). It could also work as a front cover for a book (at over 130 pages, it practically qualifies as a book :big_grin:).
Wow! I finally finsihed your story and it was not dramatic, but sad and it had some great moments too. You put Fraggle Rock, Labyrinth, Sesame Street, and the Muppets into one HUGE crossover. The last part of the chapter and.. Majory died. Oh no! That's sad! I know you worked very hard on this fanfic and put so much detail and I could see each character very carefully in my mind. Thank you for sharing! I had a great time reading this beatiful story filled with imagery, foreshadowing, etc.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Wow, I never imagined this fic could still get some action. Thanks! I'd like it a lot better if MC hadn't turned what was once a nice story into a hot mess of embedded nonsense. I used links so that people unfamiliar with a certain property could look stuff up, but then this new forum thingie changed it so now it's just awful looking IMHO. At least it's on fanfiction.net as well. It took a lot of effort (read: I spent days watching every DVD and youtube vid I could find, LOL ... I'm sure I did actual work somewhere along the lines :big_grin:) and I don't think I have the patience anymore for such a thorough treatment. I'd been dreaming of a massive Hensonian universe for, well, a very long time. I know some people despise the idea of (gasp) continuity (and trust me, it's extremely hard to pull that off, especially for things like Muppets or Dinosaurs who actively try to avoid pinning stuff down), but dang it, I think they ALL can fit, even the properties I haven't seen so couldn't include (like Bear in the Big Blue House or Sid the Science Kid, etc). On the fanfic library index, there are other stories that both fit into this universe (I tried to write it so it wasn't necessary to read this but some details make more sense if you have) and those that don't need to (like the one-shots, usually).

edit: I don't recall Marjory dying. The funeral scene at the end of Act 4 is for Doc from Fraggle Rock, who in this story is implied heavily to be a reincarnation of Baby Sinclair, just as Ma and Pa Gorg were reincarnations of Fran and Earl Sinclair (I'm a sucker for eternal love-stories).

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Wow, I never imagined this fic could still get some action. Thanks! I'd like it a lot better if MC hadn't turned what was once a nice story into a hot mess of embedded nonsense. I used links so that people unfamiliar with a certain property could look stuff up, but then this new forum thingie changed it so now it's just awful looking IMHO. At least it's on fanfiction.net as well. It took a lot of effort (read: I spent days watching every DVD and youtube vid I could find, LOL ... I'm sure I did actual work somewhere along the lines :big_grin:) and I don't think I have the patience anymore for such a thorough treatment. I'd been dreaming of a massive Hensonian universe for, well, a very long time. I know some people despise the idea of (gasp) continuity (and trust me, it's extremely hard to pull that off, especially for things like Muppets or Dinosaurs who actively try to avoid pinning stuff down), but dang it, I think they ALL can fit, even the properties I haven't seen so couldn't include (like Bear in the Big Blue House or Sid the Science Kid, etc). On the fanfic library index, there are other stories that both fit into this universe (I tried to write it so it wasn't necessary to read this but some details make more sense if you have) and those that don't need to (like the one-shots, usually).

edit: I don't recall Marjory dying. The funeral scene at the end of Act 4 is for Doc from Fraggle Rock, who in this story is implied heavily to be a reincarnation of Baby Sinclair, just as Ma and Pa Gorg were reincarnations of Fran and Earl Sinclair (I'm a sucker for eternal love-stories).
Doc died? Wow! I am so shocked! Sorry if I said the wronged character. I probably didn't read it correctly. Oops! BTW: Doc in his ninties? Holy Mokey! That's old for a silly creature at that age. Well, great job on this story. Having a lot of effort pays off.