Could we stop embedding Youtube videos in threads?

Bliffenstimmers

Reaction score
I've never had a problem with YouTube videos on Muppet Central. That or I never notice the problem. :smirk:

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Muppet Central has always loaded quickly for me no matter what the thread or my internet connection speed. Could it be that you are viewing the forum from a cellphone?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Or better, let us choose if we want to embed or link.
The auto embed is the only thing I'd complain about since, well... sometimes it's just easier to make a joke that ends on a link than an embed...

but I really don't see the need to ban the practice outright. If anything, embedding videos is actually quicker, as you don't need to completely load up an entire Youtube page for it. That's less loading for comments, adverts, and thumbnails of other videos. If anything else, maybe a limit of 5 or less per post, and then the rest automatically become links. But I don't see how that would work.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
The only thing that irks me about vids is that it made one of my fic threads a God-awful mess, turning links into large blocks, and most of the time I don't see anything but a big ol' blank where a vid supposedly is.

Misskermie

Reaction score
When I post a link, it turns into an embedded thing...

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
yeah, it does that automatically :/

I really wish we could choose to embed or not. DrTooth is right that sometimes it makes for a better joke to link a video

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
A what now? :confused:

are you talking about those screamer videos? I hate those and would never pull one on someone :/