Weekly Box Office and Film Discussion Thread

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I didn't see any "fart jokes" in the trailer. I kinda wanna see this though, voice cast aside. I wouldn't mind seeing Frankenweinie either. They both come out around my birthday (the former actually on it)

Hayley B

Reaction score
My father plays Neopets. He has to listen to the Hotel Transylvania trailer alot to get Neopoints. I hear this trailer again and again every morning because of it . I did hear Fran Drescher. :rolleyes: She wouldn't had been my pick for anything. But I'll have to go with it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I didn't see any "fart jokes" in the trailer. I kinda wanna see this though, voice cast aside. I wouldn't mind seeing Frankenweinie either. They both come out around my birthday (the former actually on it)
There's a VERY large unavoidably crass one in one of the television spots. I sadly can live with it. I just wish they didn't.

Adam Sandler I can live with. His Dracula sounds funny enough. Seems like they're going with Sony stock actors. And I gotta admit, this one of the first Sony films I actually want to see... I don't know whether I should count Pirates: Band of Misfits, as that was also Aardman. And also not their own CGI studio.

Plus, Genndy has gotten a very warm welcome at Sony, considering CN's botched handling of Sym-Biotic Titan. I actually quite respect them for that. Supposedly, he's also going to work on the Popeye film, making sure they don't add too much humor for idiotic 3 year olds.

Isn't that just about all off-brand CGI animated movies offer anymore? Well, I guess some of the better CGI movies are guilty of that, DreamWorks seems to like to rely on that kind of stuff from time to time.
Strangely not. The last toilet humor I saw was in Paranorman, and it was a major plot point. Dreamworks, strangely, abandoned the practice a while ago. Even in Shrek 4. And that's their fart joke franchise.

OH! And I almost forgot. The Wreck It Ralph kid's books are out now. From coloring to novelization. So anyone who wants to spoil the movie for themselves completely a whole 2 months before it comes out, go ahead.

Drtooth

Reaction score
(UGH... hate double posting)...

So anyone else see Nemo's rerelease this weekend? I loved seeing it again, and the new Toy Story short was fun (and they just so happen to have the Partysaurus Rex playset at Target that very weekend). But there's one thing that really bugged me. I stayed to the end and noticed something strange and a little annoying. 9 years ago, when the movie first came out, it got a G rating. 9 Years later, it gets a PG! Wow.... just WOW!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I hope they clear up the legal snafu about Dr. Wily by the time the film comes out. I think Capcom only licensed out the Street Fighter characters, and Disney thought it could have free range over their other properties... I dunno... but it's not a deal breaker by any means.

Yeah, the new trailer looks great and gives us more depth. I'd like to say it increased my desire to say it, but I have to completely calm down. I have such a manic desire to see it already, that November seems like decades away. I drool Pavlovian at the mere mention of Wreck it Ralph, and I almost want to buy whatever video game system the new Sonic All Stars racing is, because he has a playable cameo. I really disciplined myself not to even skim through the coloring books I mentioned earlier. All and all, I'm about 3/4ths as much as excited as I was for The Muppets last year. That's pretty dang excited right there.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Good God, the snowballing isn't stopping... now we got ANOTHER Glee knock-off to look forward to in theaters: Pitch Perfect.

I just saw a trailer while watching Seinfeld, and I swear, I thought this was a promo for the new season of Glee, that's how similar this looks... I think the world of music as we know it is now officially dead.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't see it being that popular a movie to worry about anyway. I'm sure Dredd and Hotel Transylvania will knock it down the ladder.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Still, the very idea of all these carbon copies of Glee really makes my hair stand on in...