Remembering Jerry Nelson (July 10, 1934-August 23, 2012)

Slackbot

Reaction score
Last night at Dragon*Con I went to a "puppet slam," which was basically a set of very varied puppet acts for adults. Part of the preshow was a song written in tribute to Jerry, set to a slideshow of photos of him in action. It was beautiful, and I hope that it turns up on Youtube if it hasn't already.

Also, at nearly every panel in the D*C puppetry track I attended Jerry's passing was mentioned at the beginning by Peter Linz, Leslie Carrara-Rudolph, or one of the other panelists. They didn't talk long about him, but they did speak of him with great respect and affection.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
Last night at Dragon*Con I went to a "puppet slam," which was basically a set of very varied puppet acts for adults. Part of the preshow was a song written in tribute to Jerry, set to a slideshow of photos of him in action. It was beautiful, and I hope that it turns up on Youtube if it hasn't already.
Aaawww... That's so sweet. :sing:
I hope it's up on Youtube, too.
Was it performed by puppets or was it a pre-recorded track?

Slackbot

Reaction score
It was just a song and "slideshow" video, no performance.

theSHE124

Reaction score
Hey guy, they announced the results for the Talenthouse invite! You know, 'Design Artwork for Fraggle Rock'? I'm too scared to look at who won, though! :eek:

theSHE124

Reaction score
Sorry, false alarm! Can't delete it now, but ignore what I said there. :big_grin:
Anyway, has anyone dreamt certain things relating to Jerry Nelson? I know I've had more Fraggle dreams in light of hearing the news from Muppet Central (thanks for all your honest works, by the way). (Please write more guides!) :insatiable:

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
The outpouring love for Jerry has been really really moving IMO. The tribute videos on YouTube just keep coming in. Has anyone heard anything from Frank about his passing?