Fraggle Songs for My Acapella Group

Scooters Jacket

Reaction score
Hi Fraggle Fans,

I sing as part of a male acapella trio :sing::sing::sing: and we've been asked to perform songs around the theme of Children's Favourites. I've been wanting to do something Fraggley/Muppety for ages and this is the perfect opportunity.

I'm thinking of doing "Dixie Wailin'", but I'm wondering if anyone else has any other suggestions.

I'd love to do some of the classic Fraggle songs such as Come and Follow Me or Let Me be Your Song, but most Fraggle songs are quite short and as we're acapella our versions of anything tend to be shorter as we miss out most of the backing. I wondered about Music Makes Us Real, but my iPod's dead and it's not on youtube so I can't listen again for reference.

I did think about doing a medley (not The Medley as there's only 3 of us!), but I'm not sure what would work.

So, does anyone have any suggestions for songs that might work?:confused:

Scooters Jacket

Reaction score
I've just spotted I've Seen Troubles on MC radio. That might be worth thinking about.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
I've just spotted I've Seen Troubles on MC radio. That might be worth thinking about.
That's a good idea! Hmmm! How about you...uh..come to think of it, the song that would be great for acapella would be Pukka Pukka Squeetily Boink. I tried, but I am helping you and that's great. :coy:

Scooters Jacket

Reaction score
We had a rehearsal last night and a few songs seem to be working. Dixie Wailin' might be good, but we seem to be falling down on the side of the slower songs like Sail Away, Let Me Be Your Song and Dream A Dream & See. We might also do Ladybug Picnic!!!

Plaid Fraggle

Reaction score
As a huge fan of just about all songs Fraggle Rock AND "The Ladybugs' Picnic," I would really like to learn how this is going/how it went!

(If there's still time for suggestion, I'd gladly put out there that 'Children of Tomorrow,' 'Bring Back the Wonder,' and 'Time to Live as One' could all be nice in acapella rendition!)

Scooters Jacket

Reaction score
We're going to be singing Dixie Wailin' and Ladybug's Picnic.

Both are working really well and I think Dixie Wailin' will become part of our standard set! We already sing another funeral song so it works nicely! For Dixie Wailin' we're singing the first two verses slowly with lots of comedy emphasis before letting rip on the last verse. Ladybug Picnic is being sung fairly straight with me tackling the verses while the other two perform some backing.

I'll get some videos up as soon as I have them!!!

Beauregard

Reaction score
If you want something fun, go for "See the Beetle Sitting on a Stone"! Throw in a couple of confusing harmonies and it could be a great number.

Scooters Jacket

Reaction score
I wanted to do that, but one of the guys I sing with struggles with fast lyrics as it is!!!