Seeing a Dear Friend One Last Time

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
This is another tribute to Jerry Nelson. The story may be a little longer, but it might be a little sad and good at the same time.

Seeing a Dear Friend One Last Time

Chapter 1

Few Days Later

August 29, 2012

After meeting Gobo, Trish had her heart sinking too. Her father was also gone. She felt like Gobo lost his “father”, even though he never knew his parents when he grew up. Since her family moved to Massachusetts, she started making new friends, just like he told her she would. However, since her father was gone, she was now only with a mother left. What made her so frustrated was wearing black. Fraggles do not wear that color. Neither do the Muppets! She hated black! Then, she went to her tombstone, but she knew sooner or later, Gobo would go to his for his friend. He sure missed him dearly. With Ed Johnson, those happy days were over. That was the straw! She didn’t want to be alone. She wanted to see Robin or Floyd or Gobo no matter what.

“Hey Trish!” Robin said, behind her

“Hi Robin! Still thinking about Jerry huh?” Trish said, wiping a tear from her eye.

“Yeah!” Robin said, sadly. “He was a father to me.”

“Right,” Trish said chucking a little. “I don’t get it. Why do those things happen? I never liked black clothing. I don’t want…to cry. I…I didn’t know Jerry’s health was not good…neither was my dad’s condition.

“You lost someone too?” Robin asked.

“Yeah,” Trish said, sniffling. “He died two days earlier before your friend Jerry did. I…don’t know what else to say.”

“Wow! Me too!” Robin said, with a small smile.

“Well, my dad was a kid a long time ago. He was just like you. He liked to play games, sing sings, and…have a great time. Before he was gone, his last words were, “Take care of you, your mom, and each other.”

“Well, he taught me how to get along with my uncle and his friends.” Robin said, with a sad look.

“My dad taught me how to be a good girl and get along with my family.”

“So, that makes two of us, right?”

“That’s right, Robin!” Then, she noticed little flowers on his small hands. “Hey, what are those?”

“Oh, those are flowers for Jerry. Uncle Kermit bought them for me.”
“Aww! That’s great! Can I help you with those?”

“Sure!”

They walked passed other graves until they found Jerry Nelson’s grave. It said, “Birth – July 10th, 1934; Death –
August 23, 2012.”

Robin started to cry.

“Shhh! I know it has been a couple of days, but I miss him too.” Trish said softly, while stroking the little frog’s back to calm him down.

Then, she carefully put the flowers on the dirt, which was supposed to be for Mr. Nelson. She hopes someone working around the graveyard will plant these flowers.

Having a gut feeling that she was seeing Robin for the first time, she didn’t know what Robin was going to say to him.

“I’m not ready to say goodbye to him,” Robin said, sniffling.

“Well, then if don’t what to say to him, think about the good times you had with him. I even remember this song when I was younger. It was,

Halfway down the stairs is a stair where I sit.
There isn't any other stair quite like it.
I'm not at the bottom; I'm not at the top.
So this is the stair where I always stop.

[Robin]
Halfway up the stairs isn't up and isn't down.
It isn't in the nursery; it isn't in the town
and all sorts of funny thoughts run round my head.
It isn't really anywhere; it's somewhere else instead.

[Trish & Robin]
Halfway down the stairs is a stair where I sit.
There isn't any other stair quite like it.
I'm not at the bottom; I'm not at the top.
So this is the stair where I always stop.

“So, Jerry loved that song, didn’t he?” Trish said, sniffling.

“Yeah,” Robin said sadly. “I would always sit on his lap and have some talk about what Uncle Kermit and I been doing so far.”

“That’s true!” Trish said. “Come on Robin, you can visit him some other time okay? We need to find Kermit.”

“Thanks Trish,” Robin said with a small smile.

“You’re welcome, Robin!”

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Meanwhile, at Fraggle Rock, there were some things that were not the same. Although Gobo somehow got his voice back, which is uncertain and a miracle at the same time, still Pa Gorg, Majory, the Trash heap, and Feeny could only make gestures and nod. He could not stand the quietness! Waiting for things to get back to normal was hard. He was ready to go back to “Outer Space” to speak to his friend one more time, even if he was no longer around. He still admits he will always be Gobo. Now, he knows his friends will worry about him again, but he has a reason to go. To be alone! Think about Jerry! Jerry was not just a “silly creature”, he was a good friend of his.

Next chapter coming up soon!

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Awww..very sweet..
Thank you! When I was thinking of Robin who lost his "father" Jerry, I felt so sad and I did my best to have that cute frog in character.

This is beautiful, man.
Thanks! Gosh, I can't believe this fanfic is pretty good. I will have Floyd, which will be great, but man I hope I get him into character too.

I will promise that Chapter 2 is coming up and I might have it done and post it by Sunday.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Thank you for the comments, everone! On to Chapter 2!

Chapter 2

Red was no longer angry, but still upset that Gobo’s “silly creature” friend was gone. If this didn’t happen, she and Gobo would spend more time playing together. No! She knew something wasn’t right. Maybe Gobo wasn’t ready to say goodbye to “Jerry.” The saddest part is Large Marvin’s friend, Feeny, make gestures, Philo and Gunge said that “Majory” wasn’t well, and still Mokey has heard that Ma Gorg is still upset that “Pa” would not say anything. She knew now that the Rock was now too quiet (again).
“So much for harmony,” Mokey said sighing. Even though they already made peace with the Gorgs, now she had a bad feeling it was silent at the Rock. Like Cantus said that there is music in the silence or what is it is. She still missed Cantus; right after Jim was gone too. She figured Cantus was with “Jim” the silly creature after all. Now it affected her friend Gobo, a Gorg, the trash heap, and a Doozer. She remembered that Gobo got a postcard from Uncle Matt alerting him that Jerry was not in good condition. Silly creatures! There is always something they know that Fraggles don’t.

Meanwhile, Gobo had to go to “Outer Space”, because he had trouble sleeping thinking about his friend he could count on. He still didn’t understand why Jerry was gone.

“Oh, I’m sorry, Gobo I didn’t mean to bother you.” Mokey said while coming down to Gobo and Wembley’s cave to check on him.

Gobo let out a heavy sigh.

“Mokey, I…I got a lot of things in my mind.” Gobo said, although not in the mood to talk to Mokey right now.

“Well, if you want to talk I’m here for you Gobo.” Mokey said.

“I was thinking about Jerry…and…I don’t know…he was like a father or a friend to me. He was an explorer too, but… I remember what he taught me from the silly creature minstrels and the words were: “Well, when the path is deep and stony, and the night is all around, and the way you must take is far away. When your heart is lost and lonely and the map cannot be found, here's a simple little spell that you can say... You gotta face facts, act fast on your own,
Preparation, perspiration, dynamite determination Pack snacks, make tracks all alone, Don't be cute, time to scoot,
Head out for your destination!" That’s it! That song we did it was like Jim had to go through and Jerry…oh, but does this even make sense? Oh, if only I could see him again.”

Mokey felt so terrible for Gobo. Losing a friend was the hardest part that he has to go through. He forgot that silly creatures grow up and age really fast, but for his kind, they age very slowly.

“Red’s right, Mokey! There are changes and the Rock won’t be the same. It will still go on. She doesn’t like changes (Sighs!) I wish everything would turn back to normal…if our friends said anything.”

Then, he thanked Mokey for the talk and he wanted some alone time. So, Mokey left and maybe having a talk with the leader was never too much trouble. As she left, Gobo is now determining himself that the only way to get of that quiet place is to go to “Outer Space.” He wouldn’t go the Trash Heap, since Philo and Gunge said she wouldn’t speak. The Gorgs? He didn’t want to make a female Gorg mad thinking that he did something to him. It was never Gobo’s fault! Pa lost his voice, because Jerry is no longer in “Outer Space.” What’s the point to stay at Fraggle Rock any longer?

He packed a small bag with Doozer sticks, radishes, and his small guitar (gourd), before he flanged it to his shoulder and headed out to the Great Hall. He knew it all along that it was too quiet. The last time he made it too quiet and let his friends sleep was when the Ditzities were dying. He knew he made an awful mistake even though he could not come up with a song. He could hear come music playing, but at least it was never a problem from those tiny creatures.

He went through the direction to Doc’s old workshop. It was like the good old days. He made friends with Sprocket and Doc, even though he moved away to another place. Those days now vanished like Doozer dust. He quickly scribbled down a note to let his friends know that he was going to “Outer Space” for a reason, and then tacked it to a wall so they can see it. Without looking back, he entered to the old workshop. It did look like a damp climate, but it didn’t matter to him. Uncle Matt already went to “Outer Space” the day after Jerry was no longer way above from Fraggle Rock. Although he was familiar with it now, he knew there would new dangers and he wouldn’t mind making friends with new “silly creatures.”

Dominic walked to a restaurant and he couldn’t believe his eyes. There was Floyd and Animal! That red guy was enjoying it. Floyd couldn’t eat anything! He was not in the mood to eat anything.

“Hey guys,” Dominic said, entering. “Floyd, sorry about your friend, Jerry.”

“That’s alright, man!” Floyd said sighing. “He was my main man.”

“It’s like Jim all over again way back in 1990 isn’t it?” Dom asked.

“Yeah, man, that green stuff was upset when his main man Jim was gone.”

“Right,” Dom said, scratching his head. “Well, I seen you on the Muppet Show, in movies, and everything.”

“Thanks,” Floyd said. “Man, I thanked him for everything after he retired. I was in his 65th birthday.”

“Wow! Older than you? Gosh! I didn’t know that! How was your summer for you and Janice?” Dom said, before rubbing his arm.

“Well, it wasn’t bad, but until I can’t believe Jerry’s gone. Man, I never said goodbye.” Floyd said, shaking his head.

“WOMAN! WOMAN!”

“Animal! Down!” Floyd yelled.

“DOWN!” said Animal.

“Well, Animal is still Animal.” Floyd said, letting out his laugh.

“Well, if it isn’t Trish my main girl.” Dominic said, smiling.

“Hi Dom, Robin is fine. I finally found Kermit so Robin’s with him again.”

“Aw! That’s nice! Can we go now? I am getting tired of staying here for too long.” Dominic said, scratching his head.

“Sure! I hope Robin will be okay for now. He’s got Matt Vogel!”

“His new father?”

“Yep! So, I think coming in the fall, he might have some good times again.”

“I hope you’re right, Trish! By the way, Animal…uh he just..”

“I know he scared me since he said, “Woman!” He loves to chase women.”

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Chapter 3

Piggy knew that Kermit felt so bad for Robin. It was now when Kermit lost his friend Jim all over again. He felt like he needs to have a talk with him even though summer is already almost gone. She understood what the frog was thinking right now. Now alone, she didn’t like at all. Being with Kermit made her less alone.

Jaz, meanwhile, had a feeling Janice was not with Floyd, but he was spending time more with Animal instead. She was not even herself. Jaz knows now she has to cheer both Piggy and Janice up and do something.

“Hey, Janice! Hi, Piggy! How’s your day?”

“Like Floyd spends more time with Animal than with hanging around with a rully beautiful valley girl.” Janice said, angrily.

“Kermie won’t spend time with moi.” Piggy said, sadly.

“Well, whenever I am down,” Jaz started. “I would start singing. So, this is song is for Janice.”

“And for Moi?” Piggy said, with a small growl.

“Yes, Piggy! It’s for you also. So, this song goes like this. Play it, Dominic!”

He starts playing the guitar, before Jaz is about to song.
Sometimes it's hard to be a woman
Giving all your love to just one man
You'll have bad times
And he'll have good times
Doin things that you don't understand
But if you love him
You'll forgive him
Even though he's hard to understand
And if you love him
Oh, be proud of him
Cause after all he's just a man

Stand by your man
Give him two arms to cling to
And something warm to come to
When nights are cold and lonely

Stand by your man
And show the world you love him
Keep giving all the love you can
Stand by your man

Stand by your man
And show the world you love him
Keep giving all the love you can
Stand by your man

“So you see, you girls should still talk to Floyd and Kermit even if they have to go through a tough time they are having right now.

“Thank vous,” Piggy said. “You are very kind to moi.”

“Fer sure!” Janice said, before the two girls left to go find their men.

Now that she was happy to help Piggy and Janice with their problems, now she had to deal with Fozzie’s problems. After all, Jaz still loved that silly old bear.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Gobo was both nervous and excited at the same time for going to “Outer Space” It was not only neat, but it was never quiet. He didn’t mind the noise at all. Then he remembered that same day. That one doozer had an apprentice, who was Cotterpin, and he was considered an architect. It did sounded he was retiring after all. Poor Cotterpin! Never in her life from Doozerdom would it ever happen like this. Then, his friends, except Boober did a memory game and unfortunately a few days of trying so hard, he did started talking, but he could only talk to one Fraggle at a time.

He shook those thoughts from his head. He wasn’t in Fraggle Rock anymore. He was at a different world. Thinking about Jerry, or his silly creature friend. The friendly creature, that gave him neat hats. I guess he did know what passing it on stands for anyhow. To give gifts to another friend! As he was through the grass, it was coming back to him. It was like Uncle Matt has been here. However, he already went before Gobo even got here. Now aware of dangers, he could understand that it can be dangerous, but it might be fun too. He recognized some rolling things on a dark trail far away from him. There were blue, red, black, silver, and green rolling things. Now what was he thinking? He was not like his Uncle “Traveling” Matt.

Gobo had a feeling now there was something missing. Who does he miss the most? Was it Jerry? Yes, because that was his best friend. Sprocket? Not really! He comes to visit that “hairy” beast once in a while. His friends? He couldn’t think of anything else. Wait a minute! Something else was coming to him. He was a musician, singer, and a funny “silly creature” that gave Gobo hats. It all made sense to him. They had something in common. They were explorers, smart, had friends, and we’re part of each other. Now the fraggle knew that this was the first “silly creature” he met before Jim. Boy, he was glad that his friends helped him get through this time where he did lose his friend. I guess he had to be somewhere in “Outer Space”, so Gobo could say some words to him one last time before he decides to come back to Fraggle Rock.
Trish and Robin walked to a nice quiet place to sit down and have a nice chat.

“Well, Robin,” Trish said. “You have to accept that Jerry is gone. I also understand that he was your father, maybe, but if you want to cry, I have a shoulder for you to cry at, okay?”

Robin wiped his eyes with his arm. He understood now that Matt will now be his stepfather, since Jerry was his real father after all. The truth was after Nelson retired; Mr. Vogel did not want Robin to be left alone. So, that was when he became his new, well maybe babysitter, but it was nice to have a new friend around.

It just wasn’t the same anymore. The feeling he had was talking to an adult or maybe someone older than him will help him cope through the loss he has to go through.

“Come on, let’s go find Kermit now.” Trish said. “I hope he isn’t thinking about Jim again like he was yesterday.”

“Yeah, I don’t like being alone without my Uncle Kermit.” Robin said, before Trish picked up Robin up out of the bench and carried him while walking to a trail that leads them to the end of the park.
Song Credits:
Stand by Your Man – by Tammy Wynette

I rully don’t mind country at all. Okay, I know this song came from my mind, but this is like a rully a good song fer sure. :flirt:

Here is a video of the song

However, I want to make sure everyone rully enjoys like this chapter. :sing: :flirt:

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
You know what? I need help! Does anybody or anyone have any ideas to make this story better?

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Now, “follow me” ‘cause another chapter is about to come. :smirk: :smile: :sing:

Chapter 4

Two Days Later,
August 31, 2012

Robin had already started school and was making new friends. Some of them felt his sympathy for his friend that passed away. Others, not so much! All they did was laugh! Those who knew how he felt stood up to him and defended those that treated him differently. Their names were Gabriel (“Gabby”), Lizzy, Kim, and Heather. Lizzy and Kim were Muppets Whatnots, but Heather and Gabriel and were humans, which he didn’t mind at all. The problem he had was his uncle might be busy this fall. He had to visit Steve so they can have a talk about Jerry’s good and bad times. Kermit made a quick decision that Kathy, a Muppet fan, would love to baby-sit and keep an eye on Robin until he gets back from his vacation. When Robin heard about this, he got upset and couldn’t believe it. Why did his friend have to die? He was really his “father”, even though he didn’t have his own.

Miss Piggy however fell down a few stairs. She must have lost her footing or balance. She was already dressed to go to a fashion show or something. Greg, whom was Charlie’s friend started to laugh. She probably had a bad day, because her frog lost his friend Jim, then, Scooter lost Richard, her agent Bernie, and now Floyd, Robin, Lew Zealand, and so on have their father Jerry passing on to a better place. Piggy believed her agent was now either Maurice or Eric Jacoberson. That was her stepfather all right, but not only did he look kind of cute, he was very serious about Piggy’s pushiness.

“Watch it, mister!” Piggy growled.

“Now that wasn’t nice, Greg,” Charlie scolded. “I know you care about bad things happening to good guys, but that doesn’t mean you make fun of an animal, even though they are trying to be good to you.”

“Well, I thought it was funny about that female pig falling down those stairs.” Charlie said chuckling.

“Well, keep it down or Miss Piggy will hear you.” Charlie said, in a huff.

“Okay, then I will keep my mouth closed of you know who, okay?”

Charlie was happy to be a guest at the cabin the Muppets rented to stay for a week, after he had a terrible day and his girlfriend, Deborah, lost her plush toy brown puppy, which she named him “Rowlf.” Also, Jaz, the Muppet named Dr. Dientes, even though he was not a doctor, MissMusical12 and Vincent were around as well. Kathy lately finally came, after a long day from talking to her family about stuff that she may not want to say to Robin. Otherwise, she was glad to see Jaz, Charlie, Greg, MissMusical12, and Vincent. She was sort of uncomfortable with Dr. Dientes, but she had to deal with him later.

Meanwhile, Floyd could not wait to work with the Electric Mayhem and their gigs. He felt so bad for the little green frog. He is not the only one who lost him. He was slowly strumming his bass guitar. Greg came in to check on Floyd.
“Hey, Floyd!” Greg said. “How are ya doing?”

“I’m fine! A couple of days have been bad, but today’s good, man.” Floyd said.

“Well, I was going to do a duet for you before I go and it’s “Mr. Bass man.” Greg suggested.

“Aw man! That song’s old school!” Floyd said sadly.

“Oh come on Floyd, for old time’s sake please do this song. I loved it and so did your friend Jerry.” Dominic said, in a nice way.

“All right, I’ll do it. I love your attitude!” Floyd said laughing.

Bah B B Bah B Bah B Bah Bah BB
Bah BB Bah B Bha B Boom Boom Boom

Hey Mr. Bassman
You've got that certain something
Hey Mr. Bassman
You set that music thumping
To you it’s easy when you go 1-2-3
Bah B B Bah B Bha Bah BB

No, no Bah BB Bah Bah B Boom Boom Boom
Hey Mr. Bassman
You're on all the songs with a
Bag B B Bah Bah B Bah Bah BB
And a Bah BB Bha B Bah B Boom Boom

Hey Mr. Bassman you're the hidden king of Rock and Roll
Bah B B Bha B Bah B Bah BB
Bah BB Bha B Bha B Boom Boom Boom

Well you don't mean a thing
When the leader's singing
When he goes Ay Ay Ay Ay Yi
Hey Mr. Bassman
I'm asking just on thing
Will you please teach me?
Yeah, the way you sing
'Cause Mr. Bassman
I want to be a bassman too
Bah B B Bha B Bha B Bha Bah BB

Well it don't a thing when the leader's singing
When he goes Ay Ay Ay Ay Ay
Hey Mr. Bassman
I think I'm really with it
Hey Mr. Boom Bomm Bah Bomm
Di di di di di di
Come on Mr. Bassman
Now I'm a bassman too
Bah B B Bha B Bha B Bha Bah BB

Dominic then convinced Floyd to take his long-time girlfriend, Janice for a walk. He agreed with Dom’s suggestion and went out in a spring like breeze kind of weather. Floyd forgot that Jerry’s wife name was “Jan,” but then he was wondering why he called Janice “Jan” in the first place?

Gobo woke up from sleeping on the grass. Although not as comfortable as sleeping on a rock, he didn’t what to do but to eat and sleep. Something was missing, but what could it be? Was it Jerry’s family? He hasn’t seen them in along time since Jerry’s birthday, which was about 12 years ago. Where were they and what are they doing right now? As he traveled further, the world became stranger than ever. Then, he found another creature and it looked like it wasn’t moving. He was worried that it was dead. On second thought, he looked closer which made him sigh of relief. Then, he saw a figure, and it was a silly creature he has never seen before. She knew the creature was probably upset or something. The poor thing! He couldn’t take the silence anymore and started singing a song of what he was picturing right now.

You want to know
How it will be
Her and me
Or you and me

You both stand there your long hair flowin'
Eyes alive your mind still growin'
Sayin' to me, "What can we do now that we both liked you?"
I liked you too
I don't really see why can't we go on as two

You are afraid
Embarrassed too
No one has ever said such a
Thing to you

Your father's ghost stands at your shoulder
Face like ice a little bit colder
Sayin' to you, "You can not do that, it breaks all the rules
You learned from your friends"
I don't really see
Why can't we go on as two?

We liked each other
It's plain to see
There's just one answer
That comes to me

Sister love their brothers
And in time maybe others
So you see what we can do is to try something new
If you're crazy too
I don't really see
Why can't we go on as two?

“What’s the point? I can’t leave this Fraggle here suffering…or let it die.” Gob said to the silly creature.

“Your right, sir!” the female silly creature said. Come on; let’s get it out of here. It’s up to us to take care of her.”

Gob has never ever picked up a sleeping or a weary Fraggle before, but he remembered the last time a Fraggle was ever on his back was none other than Wembley, his closet friend. Of course, the female Fraggle had no idea what it was in store for her.

Don’t worry, more to come!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Song Credits:
Mr. Bassman
Triad (moderately alterated to make it more appropriate) - by Grace Slick (song's in minor key)

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
What happens next, eh? Well, why don't say so? There is more coming your way right now.

Chapter 4

The Next Day,
September 1, 2012

Jaz and Kathy were now in charge to take care of Robin since Kermit and Piggy finally left to take a vacation to see their friends Steve Whitmire and Eric Jacoberson, which Piggy believed was her current agent. If she didn’t have that nice man, she wouldn’t be as safe to go to Paris or wherever else she could go to. So, Fozzie, Scooter, Robin, Gonzo, and Beauguard, the dim-witted janitor were left in the cabin for now with their friends, Jaz, Kathy, Dominic, Molly, now a new guest at their rented cabin, Dr. Dientes, MissMusical12, and Colleen.

Although Robin was not as sad as he was last week, he invited his best friend, Heather to their cabin. He would be so sure that Kathy didn’t mind a visitor to stay over for a while. Jaz, realizing that she was an adult forgot all about Fozzie, because she was supposed to have a date with him late this morning. Fozzie was very shy to girls, but he thought Jaz was very funny. The date was official and Jaz left Kathy now in charge to take care of the little frog.

In consideration, Robin and Kathy went to the backyard and found a pond with a few lilies. Kathy found this relaxing, but Robin…now he had a feeling he was thinking about Jerry again. The good part was he was thinking about the good times with him, but the bad part was some kids were teasing him just because he lost his friend meant the world is going to change even more. That was what made him scared, but his uncle did advised him that it was okay to be scared sometimes. He was still small, but he was growing up and aging from seven to eight years old. He was glad that his uncle and his friends finally got back together and in their new movie, but this year…it was different. He had Kathy, his first babysitter, since last year and Jaz, would be his next this year if Kathy had to take the night off and go see her family.

The funny thing was he calls Kathy “Mom” since he didn’t know his mother when he was younger frog either.

“Mom, are you okay,” Robin asked, after he was silent for a while looking at the pond and those beautiful small flowers.

“Yeah, Robin, I’m fine,” said Kathy after wiping the tears from her eyes. “But I know what’s it’s like to lose someone you cared about. That Jerry cared about friends and family. I didn’t know he had a wife named Jan. She rather seemed very sweet and it was a good name for her.”

“I remember the time when my uncle Kermit, Jim, and Jerry took turns reading a book called “Winnie the Pooh” and we would have a great time even reading A. A. Mine’s poems. Too bad he’s not here today!”

“I know what you mean, Robin,” Kathy said, stroking his back. “If one of my parents were gone suddenly, I would be very upset, but I will still keep things that are like part of their memories. If he were here, I would of thanked him for doing the best to around with you, and Floyd, and what was his mane, oh yeah, Gobo Fraggle with his purple hair and seemed really brave. Think about it, Robin! It would be nighttime and one of those stars could be him. You’ll never know! I better get back inside! I bet Dominic is having a fit again.

“Thank you for making me feel better, Mom.” Robin said.

“You’re welcome, Robin.” Kathy chuckled. She still like that little frog calling her “Mom.” He was so cute and ruthless! Now it was time to find out what Dominic is sad about this time.

When the female Fraggle woke up, she moaned and groaned from her quiet state of the deep sleep she had. To her realization, she didn’t feel the patchiness of the ground. She felt something very soft and kind of bouncy. It was the sheets she lied on and they smelled clean. The cave-like room did not belong to a Cave or to a playful Fraggle. It belonged to a silly creature. How did she get here and who was it? Was it her kind of creatures? It could be one of her kind.

“Where am I?” she said to herself. “How did I get here? I wonder who got me here.”

She sat up slowly and examined through her surroundings. There was a small wooden object was close to her bed and then there were pictures of what looked like trees, plants, and the sky. She was definitely not in Fraggle Rock anymore.

She was in Outer Space looking for a Fraggle named Gobo after she net the Storyteller and told her stories about how Gobo was an explorer and how he and his friends were finally at peace. She knew something was missing. He had a “silly creature” named Jerry Nelson and they became friends. I guess the “father” kind of relationship was kept secret between him and Gobo.

She was worried that she doesn’t know where Fraggle Rock is now. Then, she heard faint humming coming from a different room. She saw the Storyteller and others, but not Gobo, Red, Wembley, Mokey, or Boober. The Storyteller told her that Gobo was the cute male Fraggle with purple hair, with the same color of the fur from the tail, brown skin, yellow sweater with red stripes, and a brown vest.

“Oh good,” he cried. “You’re up!”

“Huh? Oh yeah! I heard about you before, but I never seen you before.” Kara said, even though she wished she were dreaming.”

“My name’s Gobo,” he introduced to the female Fraggle. “I wasn’t expecting you here, but I’m glad you’re here.”

“Me too!” the girl said. “I’m Kara Fraggle by the way. I lived in Fraggle Rock for all of my life, but in a different cave.

“Were you born a Cave Fraggle?” Gobo asked, since he wanted to know if she was one of those or not.

“Not really, but I was with a colony where we had a different harmony and stuff,” Kara said. What I had been hearing was…it’s a long story, Gobo. I came to Outer Space, right after I noticed that the Rock and I am sure you did the same thing.”

“Well, I had to go to Outer Space, because I was looking for Jerry’s family.” Gobo explained.

“Who’s Jerry?” Kara asked.

Gobo had the same feeling. His friend, Red, always asked “silly” questions to anyone.

“Well, he’s a silly creature who loved to sing, dance… and to hang out with.” Gobo said.

“Well, he sounds very nice to you too, Gobo. What happened to me was terrible and…” She then froze in mid-sentence thinking about how she felt so awful before someone of her kind found her in the first place. “I want to know how Jerry to everyone. It all started at some place I never been to before.”

*Flashback* - Many Days Ago
August 28, 2012

Kara went to a small building and it was a place where drinks were coffee or tea. The silly creatures were inside the place drinking their coffee and tea beverages. She heard that some bearded is dead and they didn’t care about it.

“Oh Emmet!” the silly creature said. “This is terrible! Do you really miss him?”

The creature nodded with a “yes!”

Kara was so frightened that she didn’t know what to say.

“Uh…sir!” she said nervously.

“What?” the male creature with a rough voice said.

“Sir…do you know Jerry?” Kara asked.

“What did you say, CREATURE?” the male creature yelled.

“I said…Who Is Jerry Nelson?” Kara said out loud.

“I don’t know WHO Jerry is, you little rat.” the male creature said snarling.

Then, he grabbed and tugged her tail, before the other creature said, “You leave that creature alone!”
“What DID you say?”

“You heard me, mister! Leave THAT creature alone.”

Then, he let her go of the tail, and the creature groaned in pain. She remembered that the Storyteller said that there are times where it’s bad luck to have your tail tugged, unless you were in serious danger.

“That man’s not to bother you anymore. My name’s Colleen, what’s yours?”

“I have to go,” Kara said quickly. “Oh and thank you for saving my life.”

“Wait! You didn’t what your name was.” Colleen called out.

However, she got into more danger. The face from one creature that was heartless hit her, and then one creature forced her to drink the bitter water. Unfortunately, she defended him and didn’t drink it after all. She even almost got her stuff stolen. She survived through her first dangerous journey of Outer Space.

Back to the Present
“So, I knew your name sounded familiar, but I never had any real friends until now.” Kara said.

“You haven’t stayed too long, eh?” Gobo asked.

“No, but… we need to think about our friends including yours, Gobo.”

Remember when,
Now and then,
Everything went wrong?
And then our friends would sing,
The friendship song.

Remember, Kara?
You and I,
We'd nearly cry,
To know their love was strong,
And by and by,
We'd start to sing along.

We sang,
Try a little longer,
For your friends.
Try a little a stronger,
For your friends.

You work all night.
You work all day.
You still can't keep,
Those worry blues away.

Try a little longer,
For your friends.
Try a little a stronger,
For your friends.

Life comes up.
Life goes down.
There's just one way,
To keep it,
Going 'round.

Try a little longer,
For your friends.
Try a little a stronger,
For your friends.
(Repeat)

Remember when,
Now and then,
Everything went wrong?
And then our friends would sing,
The friendship song.

“Well,” Kim said, as she entered the room. “I finally called one of my friends and I wrote down the address of the place. I’m sure you miss Jerry, Gobo, but seeing his family would be nice even though you haven’t seem them in a long time.”

The silly was right all along. The last time he saw his family was on Jerry 65th birthday. Now he knew that those do age faster than his own kind.

While Gobo and Kara bonded into their friendship in Outer Space, at the Rock, his friends started to get worried over him. Red started blaming herself for letting Gobo go out there, but Mokey convinced her that this was never her fault, and it was his own choice. He could not stand the quietness of the Rock. There was still light at the Rock, but still why would he had a serious reason to go back to Outer Space? He didn’t tell her that this “Jerry” had a family of his own. That was a secret kept from him and his friend…now just gone.

She remembered that one day when Uncle Matt freaked out that “silly creatures” captured Cantus. Gobo had to calm down and told his Uncle Matt is around the Rock somewhere and they don’t know if he comes back with a different voice or not. His uncle was being silly, but Gobo definitely droved her crazy.

Red was disappointed that Gobo didn’t come with her to Outer Space with Wembley and his Uncle Matt when there was a letter inviting them, that there was an event to pay a tribute to Jim, the first friend that they lost, and Mokey, didn’t even know him.

Then, there was that one day when he was exploring Outer Space, he was right all along. Jerry was sick and knew that his condition was not good. That must have been why he came back right back to Fraggle Rock…before the day when Jerry passed on to a better place. That was where Richard, Jim, and Juhl were. She know understood that once those things happen, that meant her home was not going to be the same or even too quiet.

Meanwhile, Wembley had to sleep in Boober’s cave since Gob was gone for a few days already and still has not seen his best friend ever since he remembered that Red found that note that Gobo left saying that he was going to Outer Space to clear his mind from the quietness there was around the Rock. Not only did he miss his friend, he felt like a wembler again.

Every single time I wake,
Can’t get outta bed
Every move I need to make
Stops inside my head
If I had some kind of key
If I knew which way to be
Maybe I could find the road ahead. (Wembley sang)

You got to choose right (choose right).
Stop getting uptight (uptight).
Gotta move now (move now).
Mustn't lose now (lose now).
You got the choose-right, up-tight, move-now, losin' blues.
You got the choose-right, up-tight, move-now, losin' blues. (The female fraggles sang)

Every time I try to choose,
Something seems to stall.
Every time I get confused,
Choke and lose it all.
How come I'm so paralyzed?
Think I'll go get analyzed.
Feel so weary I could sit and bawl (Wembley sang)

You got the choose-right, up-tight, move-now, losin' blues. (The female fraggles sang)

Now every mornin' when I wake,
Can't get outta bed.
Every move I mean to make,
Stops inside my head.
If I had some kind of key,
If I knew which way to be,
Maybe I could find the road ahead. (Wembley sang)

“Oh boy, I remembered that one time when Convincing John convinced me to be a definite fraggle. Well, I was too definite and Gobo did say it is up to me that one day I would be decisive. So, I am over-flexible, but…I can’t help being a wembler.”

The more he thought of his best friend, Gobo, the more it came to him that Gobo did have a secret that Jerry was his best friend first before he became friends with Doc, another silly creature he made friends with.

What’s wrong, Dominic honey.” Colleen asked.

“I got a frantic call from my friend and he heard that Michael Duncan is still in the hospital sick.” Dominic said with a sad look in his face.

“What?” Kathy asked. “First, Jerry’s gone and now a good idol of ours is reported sick. Well, that sounds awful.”

“Tell about it!” Dominic said sighing. “It’s like all over again with the sick and the dying. We had a horrible summer and the drought Colleen, was unbelievable. I couldn’t water my lawn, because the city council and the mayor banned us from using water on our grass. Arghhh! This is the worst year to have someone you love just disappear into thin air or just gone.”

Kathy didn’t understand what he meant, but they did have an awful summer that was so dry the grass turned brown and everything was dying.

“It’s okay, Dom!” Colleen said, rubbing his shoulders. “I know life’s hard and the summer was not the greatest, but we survived.”

“Yeah, we’re living with a bunch of weirdos.” Dominic muttered under his breath.

“Not just weirdos, Dom,” Colleen said, with a serious tone. “But all kinds of creatures and us. If we were not here, the Muppets would be bored with the same things they do. They like visitors so they could try something new or talk about how they feel when their original “fathers” passed on.”

“Like Kermit, Scooter, Janice, and Robin’s father were gone?” Dominic asked, having a feeling that he was starting to cry.

“Yeah, but they have stepfathers even though they are not their original fathers like Jerry, Jim and Richard were.” Colleen explained. “They got used to them and you got used to this world.” They got used to them and you got used to this world, okay?”

“All right!” Dominic said. “I like your attitude, Colleen. You’re beautiful, smart, and you know what’s going on. I don’t why I live in a cruel world, but I might as well get used to it until I get old and then just like that I lived in a better place.”

“Well, Steve is being a great friend to Kermit. Before that, he first met Rizzo and Wembley.” Colleen said, with a grin on her face.

“Oh yeah, the rat and that light green Fraggle creature. I guess he had a kid in him.”

“Well, we all feel like the kids inside, but we’re grownups now. We sometimes will act like a kid, but I know it’s not the right time right now.”

“So, how was your day with Robin?” Dominic asked to Kathy.

“Oh, he’s fine, Dom! He’s not thinking about Jerry as much he was last week. He told about the good times they had, the times the conversation was between him and Nelson, and that one time when Jerry had to find him whenever he got either lost or missing. Yep1 Those was the good times! I like that little frog, guys. [Sniffs] He even still calls me a “mom.”

“Well, don’t forget that Jerry was the announcer of Sesame Street, the Muppet Show, and oh my gosh that voice sounded familiar to me. It was unique and I liked it. The Muppet world is changing again.”

“That’s true, Dom,” Colleen said. “They will fun again soon. Like I told Robin that…you have to be patient.”

“Did he ever told you about his uncle’s family?” Dominic asked.

“Sort of, Dom!” Kathy said sniffling. “His sister Mags already grew up and has frogs of her own. It’s sad that he hasn’t seen Mags in a long time.”

“Well, we all love our friends. Hey, I got an idea. How about we cheer Robin up by acting on a scene or something very silly.”

“That’s a great idea, Dom.” Colleen said. “Why didn’t I think of that? We could do…oh yeah the song where there’s a hole in the bucket.”

If there was, then the water would not stay in that bucket, right?” Dominic said chuckling.

“Sure,” Colleen said. “Let’s gather the Muppets around and cheer that little frog up so he doesn’t have to be so sad anymore.”

“Okay,” Dominic said. “I hope this works out.”

Next chapter coming up very soon.