What do you know about dreams?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
--------------
Curious if anyone has ever had a particularly gory dream, whether they died in it or not. Back in the early '90s I recall a dream where I was being chased by Freddy Krueger. I wasn't as worried about dying as I was about how much those knife-rakes were gonna HURT.
I don't know about particularly gory, but I have had an occasional explicit dream here and there that I never understand what brings them on... for example, I've had a dream where some gang bangers ambush Tom Bergeron and beat him to a blood pulp, likewise I had a similar dreams where they did the same to Rick Moranis, and I even once had this strange dream where Radar O'Reilly was captured by the enemy, and they started... doing unspeakable things and we'll just leave it at that.

But lately, those really strange, borderline nightmarish dreams I have every night have been happening again... only this time, I can never remember them... I'm usually pretty good at remembering dreams after I've had them, but every once in a while, I go through a phase where as I soon as I wake up afterwards, all of the details start to leave my head, and the next thing I know, I've forgotten what they're about completely... I just remember they were freaky-deaky.

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
------------
Neurologists will tell you this is a brainfart, basically...a misfiring of a neuron in the memory cortex.

I personally have experienced it several times, and weirder, often that has been something I dreamed which then came true...but never anything big or useful, just a person wearing a certain sweater and standing a certain way and the topic on the blackboard being something...etc. Ah, if only I could have dream premonitions about stuff that mattered!

-------------
I get that all the time, mostly something very unsignificant, like being handed a school book.

Sometimes, when I'm just drifting off to sleep, I just kinda twitch wide awake like I've had the fright of my life, even though nothing's caused it.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
--------------
A dream about Bergeron getting the crap beat out of him...well, sure, we ALL have! :smile:

----------------

Hubert

Reaction score
I get that all the time, mostly something very unsignificant, like being handed a school book.
Yeah...exactly. Something insignificant like that...usually for me it's like standing in a certain position looking at something or thinking a certain weird thing..

bouncingbabyfig

Reaction score
I keep having dreams about the end of the world, some are believable other are just strange. Someone explain this to me.

Hubert

Reaction score
I keep having dreams about the end of the world, some are believable other are just strange. Someone explain this to me.
Ohmygosh! Ohmygosh! What was the year it ended? 2020, you say? Hey everyone, since Figgie had a dream about it, it must be true!!!!!!!! 2020 is the end, prepare yourselves! Even though it makes no sense whatsoever why Figgie knows it, we believe it! AAh!!!!!

bouncingbabyfig

Reaction score
Actually that was the year I keep dreaming. Not to freak anyone out, but my dreams tend to come true... I be the next prophetess!

newsmanfan

Reaction score
----------------
Unless you have info on a giant asteroid heading our way...doubtful...but hey, I've been feeling driven to finish my writing projects ASAP, so who knows? :smile:

---------------

RedPiggy

Reaction score
newsmanfan said:
I wasn't as worried about dying as I was about how much those knife-rakes were gonna HURT.
I cheated by teleporting into his head (kinda like what happened in the sixth movie), which made me similarly immortal and gave me access to all his dream powers. :smile:
Ah, if only I could have dream premonitions about stuff that mattered!
I tend to have nightmares when something really, really, really bad is going to happen. It's not very fun, I can assure you.