One thing that annoyed me in "The Muppets"

bluebomber95

Reaction score
I don't think it's that bad. If anything, it just makes the illusion that the Muppets are in the real world even greater. Plus Disney owns the billboard in real life, so they can do whatever they want to make money. They ARE a company.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I don't think we need a Cars 2 advertisements to prove The Muppets are in the real world. :stick_out_tongue: And just because Disney owns it doesn't mean they should.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's true...when the scene was filmed, the poster was for Gnomeo and Juliet. That movie was made by Touchstone which is owned by Disney so they could have just left it. But Cars was more popular and makes more money in merchandising so...
I'm sure we'd all be far more annoyed if that terrible movie was referenced. Luckily, Disney pretends that Gnome thing doesn't exist for the most part.

But I'm far more annoyed by the Disney Pop star that the studio just about had to force into the film. Luckily, they wrote a backhanded line for her "My Agent told me I should be here." OUCH!

But quite honestly? Disney ain't got NOTHING on NBC/Universal. Go ahead... watch ANY Universal produced movie recently. They have NOTHING but cross promotions with NBC in their films. Get Him To The Greek, a brilliantly funny movie, has them appearing on The Today Show, a record producer who's favorite show is "Biggest Loser," among other things... not to mention even Despicable Me isn't even safe... filled with voice actors who are employees of NBC sitcoms... and the fact that Gru even stole the Jumbotron from Time Square that visibly has an NBC logo on it. i think that's the only reason he stole it. At this point, I'd be surprised if there wasn't a deleted sequence in The Lorax where they tell the Onceler of all the things he needs to appreciate "Like Whitney at 8:00 and the Chelsea Handler show at 8:30 on Wednesdays!"

One Cars 2 billboard is nothing.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Personally, I think the appearance of that Cars 2 billboard was nothing more than a mere coincidence and that it was just "there" and not anything done on purpose.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Oh... and let's not forget the, while memorable and actually quite funny, cameo by Scooby and Shaggy in Looney Tunes Back in Action was forced by the studio as a stealth way to say that a second Scooby film was coming out.

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
You're not the only one! That poster annoyed the heck out of me!

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I don't think it annoyed me that much but it was more like "do really have to put this in a Muppet movie?" I don't care if it's Disney owned or not keep your cross advertising out of the Muppet movies. Lol. But when I saw it I wasn't surprised. :sigh: I mean don't get me wrong I actually enjoyed Cars 2 but I didn't wanna see the poster in out of all movies this one.

Like someone said Cars wasn't the one that needed advertising it was The Muppets!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Thinks back to VMX...

remembers all the NBC references, guest stars that just so happened to have NBC projects, the Fear Factor sequence, the Scrubs sequence...

WE'RE COMPLAINING ABOUT A BILLBOARD?!?!?!