Outatime!: A Muppets/Back to the Future Crossover

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Wow! What an interesting story! Uh-oh! Somebody changed the future? Oh dear!
BTW: I can't believe I am the only one replying to this thread. If others are just viewing, why do they not bother commenting at all? So, why do I ask why? :dreamy:

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Wow! What an interesting story! Uh-oh! Somebody changed the future? Oh dear!
And it's only going to get more interesting, my friend! Wait until you see what happens next! :excited:

BTW: I can't believe I am the only one replying to this thread. If others are just viewing, why do they not bother commenting at all? So, why do I ask why? :dreamy:
I wish I knew. I used to know a lot of people who'd review my stories like you do on here, but they've become very shy lately (wonder why). Oh, well. Your reviews mean a lot and encourage me to keep writing this great story, which I have gotten a lot of great reviews on outside this forum! Thanks, muppetfan! :smile:

muppetwriter

Reaction score
I don't know why it didn't occur to me that I posted the recent chapter of this story on the 7th anniversary I've been on Muppet Central, haha! I didn't even intend for it to happen that way! :smile:

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Chapter Five: The New Player
Phineas and Ferb felt like kids at a candy store with the notable exception being that they were kids, but they were inside what used to be a saloon that had turned into a fancy laboratory operated by Bunsen and Beaker – filled to the rim with incredible inventions by the two Muppets. It seemed that the boys came to the lab at just the right time for Bunsen and Beaker, as they were introducing their newest invention to them: Insta-Grow Pills.

“Neat!” Phineas exclaimed, admiring the large jar of white pills – their name crudely labeled on it in a black marker – that sat on the bar. “Ferb and I had a similar idea, except it was in the form of candy.”

“Why candy?” Bunsen inquired with great curiosity.

“Well, most kids don’t like regular medicine, so they take candy-flavored medicine…candy-flavored growth pills.”

Bunsen took a minute to ponder this idea of Phineas’s. “Candy-flavored growth pills? My goodness! The subject will get twice the enjoyment with such pills!” He then turned to his assistant and instructed, “Beaker, make a note of that. It’ll be something worth experimenting.”

Beaker acknowledged Bunsen’s instruction with a meep, retrieving a pencil and notepad from his lab coat to take note of the idea. While Beaker was doing so, Phineas heard static emerge from his walkie-talkie. The boys moved to the nearest corner for privacy and Phineas spoke into the handheld device. “This is Phineas. Come in.”

“Phineas, this is Doctor Brown.” Angela’s voice was soft but urgent over Phineas’s walkie-talkie. “Kermit and the others have just pulled in. You boys better step out of there now.”

“Ten-Four, Doctor Brown.” Phineas confirmed before switching off the walkie-talkie and turning back to Bunsen and Beaker. “It’s been really fun, guys; but Ferb and I have to go and find our friend – the one with the time…er…fusion car.”

Bunsen smiled. “Of course. Tell your companion that we wish her good luck on her invention. An environmentally-friendly vehicle that runs on water rather than gas sounds like a brilliant idea.”

Phineas did his best to stifle a chuckle on the fib he told Bunsen and Beaker about the DeLorean, which was anything but “environmentally-friendly.” Phineas and Bunsen exchanged goodbyes and handshakes, whilst Ferb and Beaker exchanged meeps and handshakes, before the boys exited the saloon through the rear. After watching the boys leave, Bunsen and Beaker suddenly heard their “Musical, Rotating Rain Barrel” go off outside, meaning that they had a visitor. They moved over to the saloon doors, seeing a startled frog outside standing near their latest invention.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sitting upon the rooftop of a building near the saloon, Sean had a perfect view of the whole ghost town, including the street corner where the Electric Mayhem bus was parked. He saw Kermit enter the same saloon that Phineas and Ferb exited through the rear; the boys rushed over to Angela and the DeLorean, which was parked a few blocks away, out of sight from the main players of the current proceedings. There was still no sign of Joie Tannen and the other DeLorean – the one that had arrived there prior to McFly and his friends – and he notified Angela of this shortly after the Muppets’ arrival.

“Keep looking out for it, Sean.” Angela instructed over the walkie-talkie. “Tannen’s bound to be around here somewhere.”

Although he did not have a problem carry out the Doc’s command, there was still a strange feeling that the youth had about the situation. “I don’t know, Doc. I think there’s something off about…” He stopped as soon as he heard other vehicles approaching. Believing one of them to be the other DeLorean, he looked on intently as a black car and a green truck carrying a ruthless band of thugs arrived at the scene, parking a short distance away from the saloon and the Electric Mayhem bus. Upon witnessing the sudden appearance of this gang, Sean immediately alerted the others: “Doc Hopper and his gang are here!”

“Is Tannen with them?” Brown asked.

McFly eyed the emerging group more carefully; he did not see Joie Tannen with the men…and he did not see Doc Hopper either. Standing in Hopper’s place was an entirely different man – a slender, elderly man with greying blond hair and a business suit. Sean did not recognize the man; his appearance in this event stood out like a sore thumb. In response to her earlier inquiry, Sean told Angela: “Uh, Doc? Tannen’s not here, but we have another problem.”

“What’s wrong?” Angela asked.

Just as McFly was about to reply, he felt an arm suddenly go around his neck, robbing him of his speech as well as the grip he had on his walkie-talkie. The device fell out of his hand and shattered after falling over the edge of the rooftop and into the ground below.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Angela’s face registered great concern as she heard only static come over her walkie-talkie. “Sean, come in! Come in, Sean! Sean?!” There was no answer; and McFly’s last words before being cut off made her imagination go wild. “He’s in trouble! We’ve got to go find him!”

“But, Doctor Brown…what about interfering with past events?” Phineas questioned.

She knew that Phineas had a point; it was the reason they were there in the first place – to prevent whatever change occurred in that time. That was when an idea struck her mind that was beneficial to their mission. Stepping out of the DeLorean, she popped open the hood of the front trunk and reached inside to retrieve a futuristic device that appeared as a mini handheld satellite dish, complete with earphones. Once she was back inside the DeLorean with the device, Angela told the boys all about it: “This is an Ear Spy – one of the products from 2035 by Fusion Industries.”

Impressed by the future invention, Phineas asked, “What does it do?”

“It’ll allow me to tap into airwaves within a fifty-mile radius and listen into conversations that are taking place far away.” Angela informed.

“Doesn’t that promote eavesdropping?” Ferb inquired.

“Yes…yes, it does.” Angela answered, just as she placed on the earphones and held the mini dish in the direction of the saloon, homing in on the situation that was happening past it. As soon as she was on a clear frequency, she heard the befuddled voice of Kermit the Frog come over the earphones…

“W…Who are you? Where’s Hopper?”

The sinister voice of a man Angela did not recognize replied: “Doc Hopper’s not gonna make it to this party. You’re dealin’ with me now, Frog.”

“And who are you?”

There came a small cackle before a reply. “Name’s Richman…Tex Richman. And I’m only interested in one thing – putting an end to you and the rest of the Muppets!”

The threat from this new character startled Angela way more than his presence did. She removed her earphones right away and started the DeLorean back up, roaring down the street in breathtaking speed and doing her best not to go over eighty-eight. Clearly, this situation was worse than they anticipated.

END OF CHAPTER FIVE

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Wow! I hear Jim's Kermit very clearly. But wait a minute, Tex Richman? The Tex Richman at the wrong timeline (1979) has an easier way to get rid of the Muppets. Uh-oh!

Other than that, this is really a great story! Post more if you have the time. Thank you!

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Wow! I hear Jim's Kermit very clearly. But wait a minute, Tex Richman? The Tex Richman at the wrong timeline (1979) has an easier way to get rid of the Muppets. Uh-oh!

Other than that, this is really a great story! Post more if you have the time. Thank you!
Surprise! :eek:

Yep. That's the Tex Richman we know from the start of The Muppets (before he got his laugh back), so you know he'll be gunning for Kermit and co. when they've barely even began their popularity - and what a better time to hit them, right? *maniacal laugh, maniacal laugh*

Thanks again for the review on Chapter Five, muppetfan! More will be on the way soon, I promise! :smile:

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Chapter Six: History Rewritten
“I’m gonna make this plain and simple, Frog. I don’t care if you and your friends do any commercials or merchandise. That’s exactly the reason why I’m putting an end to all of you right here and now.”

Kermit stood nervous between his friends and Hopper’s gang, led by a man he had never met before in his life – but apparently this Tex Richman did meet him before, although he did remember where. “Look, I’m sure you have business with me from…something I’ve done to you…but whatever you have planned, I’d appreciate it if you didn’t involve my friends.” He gestured to the Muppets that stood behind him – Miss Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo, Camilla, Rowlf, Bunsen, Beaker, and the Electric Mayhem band.

Richman snickered; a smug look crept across his face. “No chance! I’m taking your theater and, quite literally I might add, your future!” On this note, Richman gestured for Hopper’s gang to advance on the Muppets with their deadly weapons.

Kermit and his friends stood in shock, uncertain of what to do to escape from this situation. Before any of the thugs could have fired on the Muppets, there came a tremendous quake that halted the men from their vicious act. Everyone looked around in confusion until the roof of the nearby saloon broke open, allowing the ginormous head of Animal to bust through and let out a growl that shook the heavens. Witnessing the giant Animal’s terrifying appearance, Hopper’s gang of thugs – once intimidating men with equally intimidating weapons – ran out of the town.

Richman noticed them leaving and shouted, “Hey, you gutless cowards! Get back here! It’s just a dumb, oversized Muppet! We can still…”

The businessman stopped as soon as he massive dirt cloud billowed all around him upon the sudden arrival of a golden vehicle that he recognized as a DeLorean – a more supped-up version. The dirt cloud blinded Richman so much that he barely caught sight of the hands that reached out at him and pulled him into the DeLorean, driving him away from the chaotic scene. When the dirt cloud had settled, Kermit and his friends saw that Richman and Hopper’s gang had disappeared, signifying a great victory that they accepted with a cheer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once it was far on the outskirts of the ghost town again, the DeLorean stopped right in the middle of the desert. The passenger side door opened and Richman was hurled out of the vehicle, landing in the dirt with a sickening thug. He angrily got back up and dusted off his already ruined suit, facing the DeLorean. “Alright! I wanna know who you think you are manhandling me like that! Show yourself!”

Answering Richman’s demand, the driver side door of the DeLorean opened and Angela stepped out. Phineas and Ferb stepped out from the side that Richman was thrown out from, and all three passengers stood side-by-side in front of Richman, who seemed slightly amused – though it was difficult to tell through his cold façade. Straightening his crooked necktie, he uttered, “I was expecting people who were grown and male!”

Phineas briefly reached into the DeLorean and showed a device that had eleven sets of plastic human hands that he made grasping motions with just by the pull of a trigger from the handle. “These are what we caught you with, sir. The Phineas & Ferb Handy-Dandy Machine! Good for practically everything, including getting to hard-to-reach places!”

“Don’t bother explaining technicalities to him, Phineas.” Angela said. “From that dumb look on his face, he wouldn’t know the first thing about technology.”

Brown’s harsh words cut like a knife at Richman, who glared at her and yelled, “And who are you, smart girl? I’ll have you know that I know a good deal about technology! I’ve been drilling oil long before you were in diapers!”

Angela was flattered by the way Richman addressed her like a child; that Rejuvenation Clinic she visited in 2035 truly did wonders for her appearance, making her real age practically indiscernible to anyone except for Sean McFly. “Let’s cut to the chase, shall we? You’re not from this time. Joie Tannen brought you here.”

“Yeah, she did.” Richman bluntly admitted. “And I should be wiping her out for abandoning me like she did just now! I had that frog exactly where I wanted him – scared and defenseless with no future to take away the one I have planned for Richman Oil! No Muppets, no Muppet Theater! That would’ve left plenty of land for me to prosper from!”

Brown put her hands on her hips and grinned. “Well, it looks like your little plan failed, because the Muppets are on their way to Hollywood right now.”

Richman grinned. “There are still other ways I can ruin the Muppets’ future.”

There suddenly came the loud roar of an engine in the distance and all eyes looked to the sound, finding the other DeLorean – driven by Joie Tannen – speeding towards the one currently parked in their spot. When the other DeLorean neared the prime one, it slowed down a bit as its passenger side door flung open and Sean McFly fell out onto the dirt. As his body tumbled across the ground, the other DeLorean came to an abrupt halt long enough for Tannen to shout to Richman from behind the wheel. “Richman! Get your butt in the car!”

“This is the last order I’m taking from you, Tannen!” Richman bellowed as he rushed over to the car and hopped in, closing the passenger side door as he had done so.

Angela, Phineas, and Ferb watched powerlessly as Joie’s DeLorean sped away, kicking in at eighty-eight and vanishing from 1979 in less than a minute. They would have stopped her had they not been so concerned with Sean, who painfully picked himself up off the ground. Angela, being the most concerned for him, asked: “Sean, are you okay?”

“Yeah, I’m fine,” he hoarsely acknowledged. “Tannen got the jump on me. That woman’s a lot stronger than she looks!”

Even though he was glad to see McFly was not completely damaged, Phineas was still troubled. “I’m not so sure we’ve corrected the timeline after that Richman guy showed up. Where’s Doc Hopper?”

Angela frowned. “I think Joie made more trips through time than we have anticipated. God only knows when she is now.”

“Actually, I do know when she is, Doc.” Sean told Angela. “That butthead wasn’t smart enough to blindfold me when she took me by force, so I got a good look at the time circuit readout before she threw me out of the DeLorean. She’s heading to November 23rd, 2011.”

Angela, Phineas, and Ferb all smiled after hearing the time of their next destination. However, Angela’s smile dropped once she realized something off about that particular destination for Tannen. “How can she go into a future that she no longer exists in?”

McFly shrugged. “You’ve got me, Doc. I’m still trying to figure out how she managed to screw up the Muppets’ timeline this bad.”

Phineas and Ferb glanced to the DeLorean in listening to Brown and McFly’s quick exchange. It was at that moment when he spotted a prism situated within the time machine’s rear construct, right in front of the “Mr. Fusion” unit. Pointing to the prism, he alerted Angela and Sean of it: “Maybe that’s how.”

Brown and McFly turned and looked at the prism with Phineas and Ferb. Angela was exceptionally surprised to see it there, not having spotted it before their departure from 1996. She walked right up to it and attempted to extricate it from the rear construct but immediately received a mild jolt of electricity at her fingertips, causing her to jump back from the complex device installed to her time machine. “Ouch! How in the name of Albert Einstein did that get there?”

“You mean you didn’t put it there yourself?” Sean inquired.

Angela shook her head. “This isn’t part of my new design. It must’ve been installed sometime during Joie’s trip through time.” Looking more closely and carefully at the prism, she saw how it sparked every two seconds with the same electricity that shocked her. “Whatever this is and whomever put it here made it with one purpose.”

“What’s that, Doctor Brown?” Phineas asked.

“To permit paradoxes.” Angela answered.

McFly smirked. “Well…something like this is good, right? I mean we always fretted about creating paradoxes when we went back to 1955 and running into our past selves. With this thing, we can revisit times scot-free, right?”

Brown turned to the youth, giving him a stern look. “Sean, a universe filled with paradoxes is far worse than one with even the smallest paradox. If Tannen has been traveling through time with this prism intact, then she could’ve possibly set our universe’s destruction in place already.”

Sean felt his body grow cold. “H-How will we know it’s already happened?” He looked to his right hand. “Will we all be erased from existence?”

Angela shrugged. “Possibly that or certain events in the past, present, and future can be rewritten unexpectedly. We could forget minor details of our lives, major landmarks could shift around from place to place, or…” Her eyes grew wide as she remembered one element from her conversation with Tex Richman. She jumped back into the DeLorean and glanced at her reflection the dashboard rearview mirror. It was just as she feared: she regressed from a woman that looked 36 to a woman that looked 29. “Great Scott.”

END OF CHAPTER SIX