The Fanfic Research Thread

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
You didn't imagine it or make it up--it was well-documented in TMS. Floyd is always making cracks about Piggy, and he hated Foo Foo. I can soooo see her ankle-biting him just to watch him look his "cool." In the Tony Randall episode, when Piggy has accidentally been turned into a stone statue, Floyd goes so far as to light a match off of Piggy's petrified backside--this was after he made joke after joke about her while she was "statue-fied" and couldn't doing anything about it. In one ep, he put Foo Foo in a drawer. So the feud was definitely established in TMS.
I remembered the one where he was supposed to watch Foo Foo and put the dog in the drawer, which in itself is weird cause of everyone to ask, she asks the one person who makes a point of ragging on her.

I think there's friendship there, just a rivarly taken to new heights; I think it was...Miss Kermie (?) who thought it weird that I had Floyd side with Piggy in the Team Kermit vs Team Piggy debate, but I thought it makes sense. Kermit's his friend, but Piggy's his ongoing opponent.

It's something I have planned to explore in one of the adventures.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, if nothing else, Floyd does at least respect Piggy, he was part of the group with :concern:, :sympathy:, :concern:, :embarrassed:, and :wink: who sang Auld Lang Zyne in her honor after Kermit fired her in the Loretta Swift episode.

And Gina, is your fic asleep/dead? :stick_out_tongue:: Poke poke poke poke poke.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
But with that said, I think you'll find that every author has their own preference in regards to characters and friendship - for example, I think Piggy and Floyd (and Gonzo) have a frienemy relationship with each other. No proof, I just happen to like that idea.
That's what I think is great about writing fanfic; authors can experiment with different Muppet friendships and use ones that really couldn't be shown in the show because of having the same performers (Piggy and Fozzie, Rowlf and Kermit, Rowlf and Dr. Teeth, Scooter and and Janice, etc.). So Hubert if you are still reading this, don't be afraid to try different ideas for what characters you want to be great friends.

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
Well, if nothing else, Floyd does at least respect Piggy, he was part of the group with :concern:, :sympathy:, :concern:, :embarrassed:, and :wink: who sang Auld Lang Zyne in her honor after Kermit fired her in the Loretta Swift episode.

And Gina, is your fic asleep/dead? :stick_out_tongue:: Poke poke poke poke poke.
True, but they also did a parody of that once she was out of earshot.

As for fic, I was all set to work on it, but then I got an idea for 6 Ball and was gonna work on that and then I got a piece of oatmeal stuck in the hole where my wisdom tooth used to be, which meant that my panic level went from 0 to 11+ in about five minutes.

I've been told not to worry about it, that it'll come out eventually and if not, I'll get antibiotics for the infection that this will most likely cause. And at this point, I'm clearly being a hypochondriac, but I don't care. This hurts. I don't like hurting.

But, with any luck I'll go fill my prescripts during lunch and will have them by the time I leave work, which therefore means something will be written and/or updated tonight.

That's what I think is great about writing fanfic; authors can experiment with different Muppet friendships and use ones that really couldn't be shown in the show because of having the same performers (Piggy and Fozzie, Rowlf and Kermit, Rowlf and Dr. Teeth, Scooter and and Janice, etc.). So Hubert if you are still reading this, don't be afraid to try different ideas for what characters you want to be great friends.
Definitely agreed.

Case in point, my mind thinks that Piggy and Scooter are much closer than people give them credit for. This is also a bit where Aunt Ru's KG comes into play, but the thought was initially there and then reading her take certainly made me go, "then I'm not the only one!"

If anyone would issues on friendship, I think it would be Piggy because she has been publicly adamant that the Muppets are Kermit's friends and not hers and in some cases, she does treat them with indifference, but there are cases when she shows that she genuinely cares about the people she works with.

Conf. call, gotta go!

TheWeirdoGirl

Reaction score
I'm working on a little story of my own, and it would help me if I could know an approximate date of when The Muppet Movie started filming. I've been looking around on the internet, and the closest I've gotten is sometime in 1978. But it would be nice if I could know at least the month. Can anyone help me?

charlietheowl

Reaction score
In any Muppet production, from movies to TV shows to books to even Muppet Babies, have any Muppets been shown to have skills in drawing? Or drawing at all, regardless of skill? In the next chapter of my story, Piggy's going to work with a Muppet to draw her idea for a set-piece. I have a Muppet in mind to use, but I'd like to see if there's something from a production I can use first.

Slackbot

Reaction score
In Muppet Babies the characters sometimes draw. In one episode they all make flipbooks. They've been known to draw in the air with Scooter's light pen, and in one episode they even made an art museum in the nursery.

And if you want to include the SST Muppets, Big Bird is a remarkably good caricaturist for a six-year-old. :wisdom:

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Thanks! I was planning on using a Muppet from Muppet Babies as the artist, so looks like I can proceed in that direction.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Then check out The Muppet Museum of Art. It's up on Youtube, along with every other MB episode, last time I checked. Gonzo is actually a pretty darn good artist when he's motivated.