A body for Fred?

Body er No?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JacobsBest

Reaction score
This is Fred Felton. Fred is a head. He was made using the Project Puppet "Rotondo" pattern and is my very 1st attempt (other than a few "sock" puppets). His head is constructed of reticulated foam, which I regret wasting on a prototype.
I was smart enough not to use my stockpile of Antron fleece and went with Polar instead.
Should I give him a body or move on?

davidmartiste

Reaction score
He looks fantastic! Benny, in my avatar, was my first puppet. I used polar fleece but gave him the body and arms. Fred definitely deserves to be completed. I think you'll be happy you did. I wanted to rebuild Benny recently and was inspired to build a completely different and new character. Puppets are great inspiration and you'll refer back to the completed ones more often.

JacobsBest

Reaction score
Thanks guys! This is something I've wanted to do for a long time and the Project Puppet patterns made it so easy to get started :smile:
So far the "Ayes" have it...

JacobsBest

Reaction score
Thanks guys! This is something I've wanted to do for a long time and the Project Puppet patterns made it so easy to get started :smile:
So far the "Ayes" have it...
Btw, Benny looks great! Very expressive!

davidmartiste

Reaction score
Btw, Benny looks great! Very expressive!
Thanks J. I used craft foam for the mouth-plate. It was a newbie error. There was no grip and he remains relatively unusable. Still, he was my first puppet as a builder and I will always cherish him. Like you, I used Project Puppet and their patterns have been instrumental in building my puppet company. They are a wonderful resource to have. All of the puppets in my show "Helping Drew" are Project Puppet.

JacobsBest

Reaction score
So, Fred now has a body (and "scrubs") and I am presently at work fashioning him pose-able hands!

JacobsBest

Reaction score
Oh, and the only thing that sewing machine was used for is the internal sleeve. Every other bit was hand-sewn from the right-side of the fabric using the "Henson" stitch.