Henson issues statement about Chick-Fila-A

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I'd say something about Donald Trump, but I don't want him to spend eternity holding an angry grudge. I'm surprised he hasn't called Sesame Street the worst show on television because they parodied him that one time... well... two times.
People like that are just blowhards who always have to be convinced they're right.

Ironically that is often a requirement for being a Presidential candidate. That and having the most money. Yeah our "election" is quite an amusing thing, lol.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Ironically that is often a requirement for being a Presidential candidate. That and having the most money. Yeah our "election" is quite an amusing thing, lol.
Which totally wouldn't be too bad... but the guy went a certain word that rhymes with schmankrupt multiple times.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I'm tired of still hearing such misinformation about this issue being reported by the news and around the Internet. Here's the breakdown of what happened between CFA and JHC:
·
  • JHC partnered with CFA for another toy venture after last year's Pajanamals partnership proved successful. It is unclear if JHC was ignorant or tolerant of CFA's reputation.
  • CFA’s president publicly stated his support for Traditional Marriage and condemned Gay Marriage saying that it would invite "God’s judgement" on the nation.
  • CFA’s president, as a representative of the Cathy family and the CFA organization, enthusiastically reiterated his opposition to Gay Marriage.
  • CFA’s millions of dollars in funds for key religious organizations that lobby against gay rights were brought to light. The anti-gay causes include all forms of equal rights worldwide and not only marriage.
  • CFA’s employees and partners were put in an awkward position of choosing a side on this polarizing issue.
  • JHC severed ties with CFA claiming that the discrimination against gays didn’t fit with their core values of equal tolerance for all groups,
  • JHC issued only one statement in which they supported diversity and Gay Marriage. They donated their CFA profits to GLAAD. They did not condemn CFA or call for a boycott.
  • CFA's recall of the JHC toys surfaced. The unknown “safety” issue still has never been identified or reported to any consumer safety organization.
  • CFA has since claimed that their president’s views on Gay Marriage no longer represent the company and that they have ceased all corporate anti-gay funding.
  • JHC stands behind their statement without further comment.
Everything outside of this has been conjecture. :wink:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
It is unclear if JHC was ignorant or tolerant of CFA's reputation.
Given that Sam the Eagle hasn't been fired under Kermit's management, I can believe they wanted to be tolerant of conservative views until the ugliness started.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Given that Sam the Eagle hasn't been fired under Kermit's management, I can believe they wanted to be tolerant of conservative views until the ugliness started.
I think so too.

Slackbot

Reaction score
  • CFA has since claimed that their president’s views on Gay Marriage no longer represent the company and that they have ceased all corporate anti-gay funding.
I missed that, and, Googling around, I don't see mention of it. Do you have a link?

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I missed that, and, Googling around, I don't see mention of it. Do you have a link?
Wow, I'm looking for it now and I can't find it. It was referenced in several articles I've read, but there are so many! I don't necessarily trust it, but the claim was made somewhere...

jvcarroll

Reaction score
A CFA statement said they'd “leave the policy debate over same-sex marriage to the government and political arena" somewhere, but I'm trying to source it. It might be a while. Busy week! Can't focus all my attention on this.

Can I just say the Chick-Fil-A has the most annoying name! Never in my life have I typed so many dashes!!:mad:

Bannanasketch

Reaction score
A CFA statement said they'd “leave the policy debate over same-sex marriage to the government and political arena" somewhere, but I'm trying to source it. It might be a while. Busy week! Can't focus all my attention on this.
They posted it on their Facebook.

The full statement:
"The Chick-fil-A culture and service tradition in our restaurants is to treat every person with honor, dignity and respect – regardless of their belief, race, creed, sexual orientation or gender. We will continue this tradition in the over 1,600 Restaurants run by independent Owner/Operators. Going forward, our intent is to leave the policy debate over same-sex marriage to the government and polit
ical arena.

Chick-fil-A is a family-owned and family-led company serving the communities in which it operates. From the day Truett Cathy started the company, he began applying biblically-based principles to managing his business. For example, we believe that closing on Sundays, operating debt-free and devoting a percentage of our profits back to our communities are what make us a stronger company and Chick-fil-A family.

Our mission is simple: to serve great food, provide genuine hospitality and have a positive influence on all who come in contact with Chick-fil-A."

jvcarroll

Reaction score
They posted it on their Facebook.

The full statement:
"The Chick-fil-A culture and service tradition in our restaurants is to treat every person with honor, dignity and respect – regardless of their belief, race, creed, sexual orientation or gender. We will continue this tradition in the over 1,600 Restaurants run by independent Owner/Operators. Going forward, our intent is to leave the policy debate over same-sex marriage to the government and polit
ical arena.

Chick-fil-A is a family-owned and family-led company serving the communities in which it operates. From the day Truett Cathy started the company, he began applying biblically-based principles to managing his business. For example, we believe that closing on Sundays, operating debt-free and devoting a percentage of our profits back to our communities are what make us a stronger company and Chick-fil-A family.

Our mission is simple: to serve great food, provide genuine hospitality and have a positive influence on all who come in contact with Chick-fil-A."
Thanks! It's funny that the statement was on their site of all places and that it didn't show up in the google search!

I'll believe that statement when I see it in action, but I still wouldn't eat there even if they became the gay-friendliest company or hired a gay spokeschicken because I'm a vegetarian that doesn't eat fast food. :wink:

No matter how one feels about Chick-fil-A, I'm still irked that people believe the Henson Company did something wrong.

They cut ties with a company whose president made disparaging remarks against a group of Americans. I believe Henson would have done the same thing if they'd partnered with a gay-friendly organization that made negative remarks against all Christians. Free speech is a right that comes with responsibilities and consequences. We could all be more tolerant toward one another. Tolerance is not just for gays or Christians. Tolerance is for everybody!