Henson issues statement about Chick-Fila-A

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well, Obama HAS tried to improve the issues in that department, HOWEVER, Republicans seem to have this fear that helping the middle and lower class will mean having to take crowbars to their overflowing wallets, and we all know they don't want to lose one precious cent of the moolah they're just sitting on, so they stand in Obama's way any chance they can to make sure the poor stay poor, and instead, take the old holier than thou, "If these people are so poor, why don't they get off their butts and get a job" attitude, when there aren't even any jobs for them to get.
There's no question that the Republicans have gone too far in their hostility towards the middle and working class. And too many people have a sort of Stockholm Syndrome where they think the Republicans are speaking for them when really they're creating half of these problems. Not that the Democrats care that much more, in my opinion.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
It's par for the course three months before our Presidential Election.
Yeah pretty much. Our "election" does not exactly bring out the best in anyone. Perhaps because subconsciousness we know just how little power we really have.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I do get that but I guess what I'm saying is the feuding shows no signs of dissipating and sometimes it feels like that's all there is. Conservatives and liberals need each other to fight with in order to have their identities and it's just destructive.
Both sides have problems, but we're not seeing the nasty, shadowy figures behind the curtain, EVEN when they're in plan sight. When they talk about how there used to at least be room for compromise and consensus, that's before the worst of the worst of the lobbyists started controlling favorite parties and party favorites. There's a reason why every Republican candidate that found common ground with the Democrats was edged out of their primaries with compromise hating, greedy, petulant brats that cling desperately to their corporate masters. Dickensian villains like the aforementioned Grover Norquest and the Koch Brothers. THAT'S the reason why there's so much block in congress... rich people who aren't even poor enough to be the 1%, more like the 0.00001% that use everything in their arsenal to disrupt any sense of change, then pay a fortune for Super Pac advertisements about who we didn't get the change they didn't want us to have, blaming their Machiavellian schemes on Obama, so they can get even MORE of what they want.

I'm no proponent of physical discipline of a child, but those are three kids that SHOULD have been spanked as kids.

So basically...

That the political tide has flipped 8 years after Karl Rove's fear-mongering, anti-gay presidential campaign.
Yeah. Now we have 4 years of Karl Rove's fear-mongering anti-working class red scare presidential campaign. I'm sure when one of their guys screws up with even massive corporate welfare that we all have to pay for, they'll play that old "The Gays are coming for you, Barbara" schtick again. Ah, Neo-Cons. Anything to make the rich richer, huh?

There's no question that the Republicans have gone too far in their hostility towards the middle and working class. And too many people have a sort of Stockholm Syndrome where they think the Republicans are speaking for them when really they're creating half of these problems. Not that the Democrats care that much more, in my opinion.
I've been calling Stockholm Syndrome for years. how the heck is making the poor people paying the taxes of the rich people who DON'T want to help them speaking for the Middle Class?

jvcarroll

Reaction score
The landscape of politics will only change when the majority actually understands the issues deeper than the daily cable news talking points. That involves reading, and from multiple sources too. I'll keep up hope, but I won't hold my breath. :rolleyes:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Good points everybody, and again I don't mean to be a downer, I guess it just comes from looking at the Internet user comments under news stories too many times. The worse examples of both "sides" tend to gravitate towards those, lol.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Re the poor situation, that's exactly why Donald Trump should NEVER be president... he has NO froggin' idea what it's like to be poor, so he wouldn't even know how to begin going about trying to help middle and lower class Americans (and I doubt he'd even want to anyway).

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Re the poor situation, that's exactly why Donald Trump should NEVER be president... he has NO froggin' idea what it's like to be poor, so he wouldn't even know how to begin going about trying to help middle and lower class Americans (and I doubt he'd even want to anyway).
Oh that was just pure nonsense to think he was in any way qualified. I can't tell if he knew this himself and just wanted the publicity (certainly possible) or really thought he had a chance.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'd say something about Donald Trump, but I don't want him to spend eternity holding an angry grudge. I'm surprised he hasn't called Sesame Street the worst show on television because they parodied him that one time... well... two times.

Yet there's just so much crap on him. And I don't want to have to post another Cracked article. But...

I know... aren't I the worst? I'm like a co-worker that keeps sending you links, right.

This Tumblr post reminded me of a lot of what Drtooth has been complaining about in regards to this "War on Christianity" idea.
I can't even begin to say how awesome that was.