Jim's final works

mupcollector1

Reaction score
I wanted to open this thread just to make sure that I have the correct information or if there's some new info that I never knew about as a Jim Henson historian which I like to conciser myself. :smile:

I remember for awhile I thought Muppet Vision 3D was Jim's final Muppet project but just recently I found out it was taped in January and Muppets at Walt Disney World was taped in March.

When was the Arsanio Hall appearance in 1990. Was it in May or April?

And was "Handmade Video" the last known footage or picture of Jim before his unfortunate passing? From what I know it was from May 7th 1990 and Jim passed in the 16th.

Also there was a couple of projects that he came up with but where made after his passing like Dinosaurs and unmade like Muppet High (TV Series).

Anyway, I wanted to ask about all this for historical reasons.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Jim Henson appeared on Arsenio Hall on May 4, 1990. It was his last public appearance and the last time he would perform Kermit. He past away less then two weeks later.

Hubert

Reaction score
If the Handmade Video was made on the date you said, it would most likely be the last thing. If it was made earlier, then there is a chance it wasn't the last. May 12 is the first date Jim got really bad, so I'm assuming that anything done on May 7 would almost have to take that spot.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I know. I was alluding to whether or not it was made on May 7 or released on May 7, and which of the two mupcollector was referring to.
I wasn't really talking to you but I posted the link Incase he found it helpful. According to Muppetwiki it was produced on May 7. It sounds like it was filmed on May 7.

Hubert

Reaction score
I wasn't really talking to you but I posted the link Incase she found it helpful. According to Muppetwiki it was produced on May 7. It sounds like it was filmed on May 7.
Oh, OK., I didn't realize that. And also, mupcollector is a he.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Oh, OK., I didn't realize that. And also, mupcollector is a he.
He or she is fine with me, I identify as Androgyne anyway which is a gender idenity meaning Androgynous, but I was born male so either way is fine with me. lol Though I heard xhe or something like that is the Androgyne PC way of saying it but I'm still learning the lingo so don't worry about it. lol

Anyway I just remembered that the people magazine issue is available on their site to read for free as well as a typed version too.
http://www.people.com/people/archive/issue/0,,7566900618,00.html

http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20117981,00.html

And also from the Muppet Central Archives
http://www.muppetcentral.com/articles/tributes/henson/

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I believe The Witches was also in development at the time as well.