The Curious Case of Kermit The Frog

Misskermie

Reaction score
Be warned, this has nothing to do with that thing about Benjamin Bell, or whatever his name is. It sounds sorta like it, though. This is something totally different. It's based off this wierd dream I had last night, involving Kermit and Miss Piggy. Hope you enjoy it.:wink:

Kermit the frog was a brave explorer. He was curently exploring a cave, completely covered in ice. Everytime he took a step, his flippers seem to freeze. He was exploring the frozen cave with his long time business partner, and friend, Fozzie Bear. "The temperature in here is at least below zero." Fozzie shivered, as he zipped up his coat even more.
"Yeah. I wish what we were looking for wasn't in such a cold place. I mean, you're lucky. You have fur." Kermit shivered. "And I'd give it all to you if could." Fozzie smiled. Kermit smiled, and went in his own seperate corner to search for the pure crystal hidden somewhere in the cave. Fozzie, also in his own little corner, observed his surroundings. "Did you find anything Kermit?" Fozzie asked.
"No, not yet. Let's go to a different section of the cave." Kermit and Fozzie ventured further into the cave. As they made in a little further, the two came across a frozen sillouette.
"Yikes! K-Kermit, i-is that a person?" Fozzie stuttered.
"I think so Fozzie."
"W-Well it gives me the creeps! L-Let's get out of here!" Fozzie stuttered.
"You go ahead. I'll investigate here, while you look in the next room. Ok?"
"Alright Kermit."
Fozzie proceeded to the next room, while Kermit remained where he was, starig atthe beautiful silouette. The silouette was a pig. She obviously used to be alive. Really, she looked like a regular human being sitting on an icy shelf. However, she was blue and immobilized. She was very beautiful, even though she was completely frozen in place.
"Uh... Hey there." Kermit whispered to the statue. "I-I know you're... You're dead and all but... You're very beautiful. If you still lived, I'd probably-"
CRASH!
Kermit's whispering was interupted by the sound of many falling icecicles. Kermit ran to the next room where his best friend wandered off to.
As Kermit entered the icy room, he found Fozzie, with an icecicle right in the heart.
"F-Fozzie!" Kermit ran to the aid of his best friend.
"K-Kermit. G-Get out of here..." Fozzie whispered. "Th-This place is c-cursed."
Fozzie ran out of the energy to speak, and died. The worst part is, is that Kermit didn't even have the time to cry. There was about to be a avalanche, and if Kermit didn't act now, he'd end up like Fozzie. Kermit left his buddy behind, and ran back into the room with the frozen pig. He tried to escape through the other side of the room, but a land slide happened in there too, and both sides of the room were blocked off. It was just Kermit and the frozen woman in front of him. Kermit put his back towards the pig, and sat.
"I guess it's just you and me, huh?" Kermit sighed.
"Yeah." A soft voice replied.
Kermit hopped on his feet immediately. He turned around very slowly.
"Did you just... No, you're dead. Y-You can't-"
"Talk? Why of course I can!" The pig hopped off her icy pedestal, and walked up to Kermit.
"Hi. I'm Piggy." Piggy held out her hand.
"I'm Kermit. Kermit the frog." Kermit shook Piggy's hand, and stared into her beautiful blue eyes.
Piggy blushed, and then shivered.
"You're cold?" Kermit asked. Piggy nodded, and shivered again.
"See that?" Piggy pointed at two urns. "There used to be four."
"What happened to them?" Kermit asked.
"They shattered. Everytime a urn shatters, a piece of my soul does." Piggy explained.
"Why does it shatter?" Kermit asked.
"Kermit, like you said, I'm dead. And since I missed the light, I'm stuck on earth. However, if all the urns shatter, I dissapear. Since the cold weather is too much for me to bear, the urns shatter. I need warmth. T-To be the living dead." Piggy explained.
Kermit nodded, and then he heard a crack. He turned around, and saw one urn shatter before his eyes. Piggy weakened, and fell at Kermits ankles.
"Oh no! Piggy!" Kermit took off his coat, and covered her with it. She wasn't waking up.
"No... NO!! NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" Kermit yelled.

It was twelve o' clock in the morning, and Kemit woke up screaming. When he stopped screaming, a light switched on.
"Kermie, it's twelve in the morning, what's the matter?" Piggy aked sleepily.
"Piggy!" Kermit rolled over, and snuggled her. "You're alright!"
"Of course I am dear." Piggy kissed Kermit on the cheek.
"Great. Now I can get some sleep." Kermit sighed. "Oh, and cover up. You're freezing!"
Piggy was puzzled. "But it's the middle of Summer."
"Doesn't matter. I don't want your last urn to crack." Kermit mumbled.
"Huh...?" Piggy whispered.
But Kermit had already fallen fast asleep. Piggy smiled, turn off her bedside light, and nuzzled closer to her frog. "Goodnight Mon Capitaine." Piggy whispered.

Chappie 2 will come when I think of it! :smile:

Yuna Leonhart

Reaction score
That was an interesting start. I could really imagine it all happening inside my head. Miss Piggy as the living dead was a great idea, I like it, as well as the end of the chapter :smile:
But I wish you would write more about what the characters are thinking or feeling.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to the next chappie :smile:

Misskermie

Reaction score
Next Chapter! Hope you like it! :smile:

When it was actually time for him to wake up, Kermit slumped out of bed, realizing his bride was not present. She was most likely at work already.
No kiss or nothin'! Kermit thought. He slipped on his robe, and proceeded downstairs. No one was at the table. "What...?" Kermit whispered.
He was now a little frightened. Everything he usually saw, now seemed to be a figment of his imagination. "Uh, anyone home?" Kermit yelled.
No response.
Kermit thought for a moment. It's not my birthday, is it? He thought foolishly.
Kermit ran outside. Not even a trace of his nephew playing with Sweetums.
Or Jaz and Fozzie cuddling, and watching TV.
And No Piggy there to kiss him before she went to work.
Where the heck is everyone? Kermit thought.
He decided to go outside. It could be one of those times where everyone's trying to get Gonzo unglued from the roof.
The second time in a day.
Kermit stepped outside, observing that no one was there. And Gonzo wasn't on the roof either. There wasn't anyone driving on the street either! He walked in the middle of the street, wondering why everyone was abset, in not only the house, but the street as well. Kermit looked to the left. Nothing. Nothing at all. Then the right. Nothing but grass, which, the way things were going, Kermit was surprised THAT was even there. Suddenly, Kermit heard the beeping of a horn. He turned around, when...

Kermit was at Piggy's aid, hoping she was still with him after that plunge to his ankles. "C'mon Piggy! Wake up!" Kermit yelled, tears streaming down his face.
Piggy still appeared unconscious, Until her eyes began to flicker. Kermit smiled.
"You're alive..." Kermit said, as he wiped his face. He had never faced anything so drastic. "I'm not alive." Piggy whispered, as she awoke. "I'm not real."
Kermit shook his head. "Just because you're the living dead, doesn't mean you're not real. You're just... You're not as real..." Kermit blushed, as he went over his words. Thinking they weren't as sensitive as he had thought.
Piggy blushed too, as she got back on her feet. Then realized she was wearing her new friend's coat. "Aren't you cold? It's at least -5 in here..." Piggy said, cautiously.
"I'll be fine. All that matters is that you're alive. I'll be fine." Kermit assured.
"But, you're feet will be cold!" Piggy cautioned.
"I'm a frog. We're supposed to have cold feet." Kermit smiled.
Both of them laughed at Kermit's little comment, and got close in an effort to keep warm.

Kermit's eyes flickered open. He was at the hospital surrounded by his close friends.
Kermit's eyes widened as he saw Piggy. "Piggy!" Kermit would've jumped off the hospital bed, and hugged her if it wasn't for the stupid wires stuck to him.
"Kermit, what's wrong with you!?" Piggy yelled.
Oh no, that's her chopping voice... Kermit thought.
"Uh, well... What do you mean?" Kermit asked.
"This morning, everyone's been trying to get your attention, and you've been acting like they weren't there! And if that weren't enough, you went in the middle of the street like an idiot, and-"
"You were hit by a car." Fozzie interupted.
"Lucky..." Gonzo mumbled.
"I did...?" Kermit asked.
"Yeah, apparently the only thing that CAN touch this, is the front of an SUV." Jaz chuckled. "The doctor said that you're alright, though." Fozzie smiled.
"I gotta get outta here!" Kermit yelled. "It's too cold in here for Piggy!"
"Huh...? Why do you keep saying-" Piggy was interupted by Kemit unhooking himself, grabbed Piggy, and running out of the hospital. "PUT ME DOWN!!!" Piggy yelled. Dispite Piggy's constant complaining, Kermit kept trying to find his way out this maze called a hospital. He ran down a long hospital, with a lot of nurse and doctors sprinting behind him. They had tranquilizers. The nurses kept shooting them, but Kermit dodged them all skillfully. The one that did hit someone, hit Miss Piggy. So, not only was she being carried, she was not asleep. Kermit was on a roll. He ran, and ran, until he turned the corner.
Then everything went black.

Yuna Leonhart

Reaction score
The beginning was creepy. I think, to wake up and no one's around, no matter where you look, is an unsettling feeling.
I can see his friends being worried about him and thinking something's wrong with him. Hey, Kermit's not possessed, is he? :eek:
It's usually a bad sign when someone's possessed, like freeing an evil sorceress from her prison in outer space or almost killing your own girlfriend.
But I digress. It was a great chapter, although I found Kermit was being loony at the end :crazy:

Misskermie

Reaction score
Kermit's not possessed, is he? :eek:
It was a great chapter, although I found Kermit was being loony at the end :crazy:
No, Kermit is not possesed. Trust me... Unless...
LOL KIDDNG!!!

And the loony part is... well... Personally I thought it was a bit much.
But glad you liked the chapter!

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Wow! That was weird, but that was cool. Hoo ha ha ha! Yeah! Oh please more, miss kermie!

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
You're an artist, Kermie! I love the scene you did for the beginning of this story. Creepy and kind of funny at the same time. Awesome job! I loved the interesting conversation between Piggy and Kermit.

I do not believe Kermit is possessed, but sometimes he does see things differently depending on what dream he had.

Misskermie

Reaction score
CHAPPIE WHATNOT!!!

Kermit awoke, feeling strange again. He had a bit of a headache too.
"Kermie? Are you awake now?"
The sound of his beautiful wife's soft voice snapped him back to reality.
"Yes Piggy, I am." Kermit replied, now noticing Piggy was right next to him, and they were in the living room. He was laying on the couch, with an icepack on his forehead. And his friends were sitting around him too. Piggy was the only one particularly close to him.
"Kermie, we were worried sick about vous! We thought you were a gone..."
Kermit felt a little bad about making everyone worry, but it was over and done now.
"Wasn't I breathing...?" Kermit asked.
Jaz shook her head.
"Didn't seem like it Kermit. That's why it seems like a miracle that you're talking to us now."
No wonder Piggy was so worried!
No wonder!
But if Kermit wasn't breathing how is it that he's alive?
Kermit was very confused by all of this. He's been doing crazy things, he's been having crazy dreams, that he may, or may not know about.
All he knows is...
The temperature is not good for Piggy's skin.
"Piggy!!! Uh, hold on! I'll go make you some hot tea!"
Kermit literally hopped over the couch, and hurried off to the kitchen, as he started the tea, he quickly took Piggy's temperature.
"Kermit, I am NOT sick!"
"No, you're cold! I can't let you get cold!"
Fozzie and Jaz exchanged looks, as they watched their amphibious friend run back and forth between Piggy and the kitchen.
"What is he doing?!" Gonzo asked.
"Acting stupid. Like you." Piggy growled.
Jaz took a stun gun out of her pocket, and shocked Kermit.
"Jaz!!!" Fozzie shouted.
"He was hysterical, I had to do it."

Kermit was starting to get hungry. "So what do you eat around here?"
Piggy blushed a little. All she did was stare at him.
Kermit was a little puzzled until he realized she was dead.
"Right..."
Piggy giggled a bit.
Kermit smiled, and put his arm around her.
"Well... I don't need to eat either."
Piggy gasped. "Yes you do!"
Kermit shook his head. "Nah..."
Kermit turned her head toward him.
"Because I realize, you're all I need now."
Piggy blushed. "Oh Kermit..."
Just as Kermit leaned in to kiss her...

Kermit woke up!
He was in the middle of the bathroom floor.
How am I...?
Kermit opened the bathroom door, and called for Piggy.
No one answered.
"NOOOO!!! NOT AGAIN!!!!"
Kermit pressed a hand to his face, hoping he didn't have to be hit by another car, just to see people again...

Sorry this is short. My mom mom gets off at 5, and she's supposed to pick me up, so I was trying to hurry. Hope u enjoyed!

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
CHAPPIE WHATNOT!!!

Kermit awoke, feeling strange again. He had a bit of a headache too.
"Kermie? Are you awake now?"
The sound of his beautiful wife's soft voice snapped him back to reality.
"Yes Piggy, I am." Kermit replied, now noticing Piggy was right next to him, and they were in the living room. He was laying on the couch, with an icepack on his forehead. And his friends were sitting around him too. Piggy was the only one particularly close to him.
"Kermie, we were worried sick about vous! We thought you were a gone..."
Kermit felt a little bad about making everyone worry, but it was over and done now.
"Wasn't I breathing...?" Kermit asked.
Jaz shook her head.
"Didn't seem like it Kermit. That's why it seems like a miracle that you're talking to us now."
No wonder Piggy was so worried!
No wonder!
But if Kermit wasn't breathing how is it that he's alive?
Kermit was very confused by all of this. He's been doing crazy things, he's been having crazy dreams, that he may, or may not know about.
All he knows is...
The temperature is not good for Piggy's skin.
"Piggy!!! Uh, hold on! I'll go make you some hot tea!"
Kermit literally hopped over the couch, and hurried off to the kitchen, as he started the tea, he quickly took Piggy's temperature.
"Kermit, I am NOT sick!"
"No, you're cold! I can't let you get cold!"
Fozzie and Jaz exchanged looks, as they watched their amphibious friend run back and forth between Piggy and the kitchen.
"What is he doing?!" Gonzo asked.
"Acting stupid. Like you." Piggy growled.
Jaz took a stun gun out of her pocket, and shocked Kermit.
"Jaz!!!" Fozzie shouted.
"He was hysterical, I had to do it."

Kermit was starting to get hungry. "So what do you eat around here?"
Piggy blushed a little. All she did was stare at him.
Kermit was a little puzzled until he realized she was dead.
"Right..."
Piggy giggled a bit.
Kermit smiled, and put his arm around her.
"Well... I don't need to eat either."
Piggy gasped. "Yes you do!"
Kermit shook his head. "Nah..."
Kermit turned her head toward him.
"Because I realize, you're all I need now."
Piggy blushed. "Oh Kermit..."
Just as Kermit leaned in to kiss her...

Kermit woke up!
He was in the middle of the bathroom floor.
How am I...?
Kermit opened the bathroom door, and called for Piggy.
No one answered.
"NOOOO!!! NOT AGAIN!!!!"
Kermit pressed a hand to his face, hoping he didn't have to be hit by another car, just to see people again...

Sorry this is short. My mom mom gets off at 5, and she's supposed to pick me up, so I was trying to hurry. Hope u enjoyed!
Wait a minute! I thought Kermit was and... Uh-oh! He's getting derilious and having weird dreams. This is the weiredest mystery fan-fic I ever read. :search:

Ahem! More please!