If you DON'T like vent threads then DON'T read

Katzi428

Reaction score
My sister in law & my 5 year old niece were here. Now, my niece loves cats. So she wanted to pet my cat Spencer. (It sort of worked out when she was here in March. He let her pet him a little , but grudgingly. I was standing there. ) This time it didn't work. I stood there along w/my s.i.l when my niece went to pet Spencer. This time he hissed at her. Now knowing my niece like I do, I expected an overflow of hysterical tears.Thankfully there wasn't. She was a little upset but played with my other cat Bailey instead who was more receptive towards her.
So what am I so angry about? I mentioned this on a cat site I'm on This woman accused my niece of
a) not knowing how to treat a cat (which is a lie because why would my other cat Bailey play with her if she didn't know how to treat a cat, right?)
b) being a brat (EXCUSE ME??? Lady you don't even KNOW my niece!!):mad:
Plain & simple she doesn't like kids:rolleyes:
But THEN she took a couple of pot shots against my s.i.l . She said my s.i.l:
a)doesn't know how to discipline her daughter (and this witch with a "b" knows this HOW?? My s.i.l does TOO know how to discipline my niece! OK yes there ARE times when my niece acts up but doesn't EVERY 5 year old?)
b) my s.i.l is a yuppie. (WHAT DER HEY??:mad:) My s.i.l is a college educated grammar school teacher!
I am LIVID!!:mad:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Er Kath, you do know we have a When You Need to Rant thread in General Discussions right?
Frankly I tend to not give two spits what those other types of people may say... Your niece got along fine with Bailey, she had fun, she got upset at Spencer's hissing but got over it. In truth, that's the more mature attitude to have. So just give this other lady an 'forget you' and keep on walking/having a good time.
:stick_out_tongue: at the meanie who cussed you and your S.I.L. *Hugs.
*Leaves some 10-cookies for Katee and her roomies if they happen to show up, like :super: and :hungry:

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Do you know this lady? Does she know you? If not, who cares what she thinks. Don't let an anonymous person on the internet upset you.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Going to an animal site was the biggest mistake you could make. 9 times outta 10, those sites are populated with a bunch of quacks who think they know everything about animals and are the first to accuse YOU of abuse or attack you over something you cannot control. Seriously. Those sites make me so mad.

Some cats are just mean. My grandmother's cat absolutely hated my dad's guts and wanted nothing more than to sink her claws into him. He never did anything to her, and she was never abused by men. Now that cat thinks my dad is the greatest human being on earth. Sometimes it just takes a really long time for a cat to warm up to someone.

Katzi428

Reaction score
Do you know this lady? Does she know you? If not, who cares what she thinks. Don't let an anonymous person on the internet upset you.
I've known her on the site for quite a while. But her hatred of kids had slipped my mind. :rolleyes:

Katzi428

Reaction score
Er Kath, you do know we have a When You Need to Rant thread in General Discussions right?
Frankly I tend to not give two spits what those other types of people may say... Your niece got along fine with Bailey, she had fun, she got upset at Spencer's hissing but got over it. In truth, that's the more mature attitude to have. So just give this other lady an 'forget you' and keep on walking/having a good time.
:stick_out_tongue: at the meanie who cussed you and your S.I.L. *Hugs.
*Leaves some 10-cookies for Katee and her roomies if they happen to show up, like :super: and :hungry:
Sorry..forgot about the "When you need to rant" thread in the General Discussions board. I was just/still am annoyed.
I'll take your advice & ignore the woman who gave me grief. Also I'll take the advice my dad had given me many times: "Opinions are like backsides; everyone has one & they all stink!"
taking the yummy cookies and dividing them up equally between my roomies & myself Thanks Ed!

Lola p

Reaction score
Don't let it get to you. Like sarge said, a lot of times people are quacks on those sites (anyone who is, no offense intended) just tell her she doesn't know your family, and to not talk about them.

(unless she does know them.)

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
I've known her on the site for quite a while. But her hatred of kids had slipped my mind. :rolleyes:
So you only know her from the internet? You wouldn't know her if she was sitting in the same room with you? Don't let it bother you.

Katzi428

Reaction score
Going to an animal site was the biggest mistake you could make. 9 times outta 10, those sites are populated with a bunch of quacks who think they know everything about animals and are the first to accuse YOU of abuse or attack you over something you cannot control. Seriously. Those sites make me so mad.

Some cats are just mean. My grandmother's cat absolutely hated my dad's guts and wanted nothing more than to sink her claws into him. He never did anything to her, and she was never abused by men. Now that cat thinks my dad is the greatest human being on earth. Sometimes it just takes a really long time for a cat to warm up to someone.
Sarge, normally all of us on the site get along great! But this woman? She HATES kids, is in her 50s or 60s (pick a decade)& her cats are her life (especially her diabetic calico.:rolleyes:) I was thinking of not posting there anymore,but I have too many friends there.

As far as my cat Spencer goes, he LOVES me! He probably just doesn't like kids; that's all. I don't know. The stuff that woman said about my s.i.l made me want to jump through the computer & choke her though!:mad:

Katzi428

Reaction score
Don't let it get to you. Like sarge said, a lot of times people are quacks on those sites (anyone who is, no offense intended) just tell her she doesn't know your family, and to not talk about them.

(unless she does know them.)
I told her she doesn't know my family. Before all this started she wanted to "Friend" me on Facebook. Yeah..like that'll happen. . On the 31st of September!
(There IS no 31st of September!):rolleyes: