Kinda OT: Muppet Kids

MissMusical12

Reaction score
I still have a few of these books. Basically, their only intent was to teach young (very young) viewers day-to-day life lessons. From what I can remember, there really wasn't much of an attempt to develop characters. In fact, in these books the Muppets were more like scenery (in fact, Animal, Bunsen, and Beaker literally were scenery in these books).

I have always wondered how a "Muppet Kids" series would have fared if it was more along the lines of a Little Rascals/Our Gang series.
That would be interesting. :halo: I'd see that.

mo

Reaction score
Muppet High? Just reading the article on Muppet Wikia and looking at that Kermit on a Motorcycle picture makes me think it was going to be a rip-off of Grease. And by the way, since when would Animal play guitar? His wild heart belongs to the drums! :concern:
true that! btw I love your avatar of sally!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Muppet High? Just reading the article on Muppet Wikia and looking at that Kermit on a Motorcycle picture makes me think it was going to be a rip-off of Grease.
The 50's were popular in the 80's for some reason, just like the 70's were popular in the 90's and we had "That 70's Show."

Though I will say it does clear up the Smallville paradox. That is, making the characters younger when they actually would be that age and not having them be younger during our period in time.

Misskermie

Reaction score
I thought they had a show because of this picture I saw of an animated Miss Piggy that looked older than baby piggy, and the picture had a disney logo in the corner

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I thought they had a show because of this picture I saw of an animated Miss Piggy that looked older than baby piggy, and the picture had a disney logo in the corner
That's from Little Muppet Monsters, a short-lived TV series that Jim Henson pulled the plug on after the airing of only three episodes.
http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Little_Muppet_Monsters
I think what you saw was from the last episode of Muppet Babies (which reused clips from the second episode of Little Muppet Monsters).
http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Episode_808:_Eight_Flags_Over_the_Nursery

snichols1973

Reaction score
http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Muppet_High

This is the closing they came to a Muppet Kids tv show.
I'm guessing that Bunsen Honeydew and Julius Strangepork would be science teachers, Sam the Eagle would be a history teacher, Statler & Waldorf as some other kind of teachers (or the principals?), and the Swedish Chef would be working in the cafeteria.

It might have been interesting to see the Muppets depicted as teenagers, even if the '50s high school setting didn't work out....

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Actually, theprawncracker wrote a story just like that a few years back.