Your Thoughts: "The Muppets" Theatrical Film

mo

Reaction score
actually...It was'nt as bad as I thought it was gonna be! it was pretty good. not my fav!
=) but it was very sweet as far as non-henson films go!

MissMusical12

Reaction score
I really really really enjoyed the film! I saw it in theaters and have it on DVD.
The Good Things:
*Rainbow Connection never fails to put me to tears
*"Maniacal laugh...........Maniacal laugh..........MANIACAL LAUGH!!!!!!"
*The jokes were really funny in this movie
*LOVED Life's A Happy Song!!!
*Selena Gomez performed the best role she has ever done. (I AM NOT A SELENA GOMEZ FAN AT ALL!!!!!!)
*Pictures In My Head was beautiful.....:dreamy:
*Jason Segal and Amy Adams were awesome in the movie!

And now The Not So Good Things:
***SPOILERS (somewhat)*****
*I really don't get why The Muppets went their separate ways in the first place........does anyone know why? :confused:
*At first, I really didn't like Walter. Don't kill me but I just thought he was kinda.......annoying. But towards the middle/end of the movie, I kinda grew to like him. Walter's an okay character. But if it wasn't for him, The Muppets wouldn't have been reunited, correct?

Overall:
It's a fantastic movie, for both kids and adults! But again, every perfect movie has it's flaws. Even with little flaws, I still enjoyed the movie very much. :smile:

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
If you didnt like Walter that means were all annoying. I'm just kidding! Lol! I liked Walter ad am thrilled he's gonna be in the next movie. :smile:

MissMusical12

Reaction score
I hope he'll be in the next movie, and if they do a new series, I hope he's in it. :fanatic:

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I hope he'll be in the next movie, and if they do a new series, I hope he's in it. :fanatic:
Oh, he'll be in the next movie, alright. That was announced very early on. And I don't think it would be right not to include him in any new series.

mo

Reaction score
I don't know why but I havent got the muppet film on DVD yet. but I did complete a muppet spot the difference at school yeasterday in about 5 minutes...that's good to me considering I suck at stuff like that!

Ruahnna

Reaction score
I have been watching The Muppets "under" whatever else I've been doing on my computer for several months now--not every night, but just as the background noise of my life, and I have to make a couple of comments about things that I haven't mentioned before. The main thing I want to talk about is the next-to-last act in the telethon--Rainbow Connection.

I stand in awe of the job that Steve (and whoever else who helped) did with Kermit in the Rainbow Connection song. He has never been more deserving of my jaw-dropping praise. We've seen Kermit play the banjo before, but this was an amazing job. Kermit not only holds the banjo, but his hands are in the right position(s), and his right hand moves up and down the frets as it should. In the part of the song where Kermit "picks" the strings, the hand movement is exceptional. And throughout the song, Kermit is gently moving his foot, sometimes in time with the music. It is an amazing feat of puppetry to make him look so effortlessly perfect. And the wealth of emotion that is visible on their faces is so satisfying. When Kermit sings, "I've heard it too many times to ignore it," Piggy is just gazing at him in adoration, and he is looking at her with an expression that appears to my biased eye both sheepish and happy. When he asks her to stay, he is vocally and physically humble, beseeching her with his pollywog eyes. I also like the way that Kermit and Piggy handled their first on-screen kiss--it is affectionate and believable, with mouth movement in sync--and I like the way they BOTH make the "kissy" noise. Unlike many other screen kisses that we haven't quite gotten to see, this one is unmistakably mutual.

Scooter is completely charming as he sings with his hands clasped. Mr. I-don't-go-on-stage (oh--ha HA!) is out there singing his little heart out, and looking adorable and all-grown-up.

Floyd--another of my favorite red-heads--is hip and smooth and the cool as menthol when he gives Animal the drumsticks and ankles away. I always knew beneath that too-cool-to-care exterior that Floyd was a complete softie. How like him to know and understand exactly what Animal wanted and needed.

Lastly, Animal's almost, um, climactic surge into the music is about as feel-good as it gets, and his arm movement here is truly awesome. I could watch this one act all night (and have!)

Just wanted to share some stuff that made me smile.

Ru