Who wants the future Muppet movies to be...

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Okay here ya go skip to the 1:30 mark. I think Kermit once again hit the nail on the head.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
While i don't want CGI Muppets, at the same time there's no harm or shame if CGI enhanced the Muppets. It's a tool - in itself neither positive or negative - it's how it's used that makes all the difference. No different than arm wires (or later on the ability to remove arm wires from the screen), chromakey or remote control. Or in Piggy-speak, you don't need to dress the Muppets up with a full CGI wardrobe, but it can make a fetching accessory.
No problem with that. But nothing too serious.
When you see Walter's feet in the new Muppet movie you think "WHOA! How did they do that?!? (At least that's what I think) you don't get the same effect when you see a CGI character's feet. Have you ever gone "Oh, wow. I can see Buzz Lightyear's feet!" (You probably didn't).
Anyway, wrapping up this post, like I said above, the magic of the Muppets would be ruined forever (Tex Richman would be happy)

jvcarroll

Reaction score
No problem with that. But nothing too serious.
When you see Walter's feet in the new Muppet movie you think "WHOA! How did they do that?!? (At least that's what I think) you don't get the same effect when you see a CGI character's feet. Have you ever gone "Oh, wow. I can see Buzz Lightyear's feet!" (You probably didn't).
Anyway, wrapping up this post, like I said above, the magic of the Muppets would be ruined forever (Tex Richman would be happy)
I agree. The Walter effects were wonderful!!

I did take issue with Piggy's walk in Paris. The puppetry in that shot didn't quite work. I think CG could have helped that couple of seconds along. I wouldn't support anything longer or much more than that.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I agree. The Walter effects were wonderful!!

I did take issue with Piggy's walk in Paris. The puppetry in that shot didn't quite work. I think CG could have helped that couple of seconds along. I wouldn't support anything longer or much more than that.
I happen to agree with you there. But I don't think CGI would have helped that. They just messed up on that scene. They should have reshot it at a different angle using bluescreen

Yeah it's a long interview it was actually 24:00 I just uploaded the part where Kermit talks about the appeal of The Muppets like I said its in the 1:30 mark.
You'll have to excuse me. I'll have to watch it later using a different computer. Youtube is still blocked.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Point taken, I do agree with that.

dwmckim

Reaction score
When it comes right down to it, what would happen if you took the puppets out of the Muppets? You'd just be left with...M.

Oh no...wait a minute...