Do Bowie and Connelly really dislike Labyrinth?

Hubert

Reaction score

I can't really understand what her "no" to not wanting to watch Labyrinth again is. Does she mean no as in she doesn't want to see that again, or no as in there's many old movies she would rather not watch again but Labyrinth is an exception? Confusing (and it's a shame we can't easily contact her on this subject).
I think she is saying that she doesn't really want to see it again, due to the fact that it's sort of weird to watch the 14 year old version of yourself like that.

bandit

Reaction score
Well the question is :"Are you saying you don't want to watch Labyrinth anymore?" I think she's saying that ...No, she doesn't mean she doesn't want to see it again but that she hasn't seen it in a while as it is. Or maybe she feels like she doesn't feel the need to watch it again. She enjoyed it but got what she needed from it and moved on. Now it would be funny to see herself as a kid.

I mean, if you go by just normal flow of conversation, that's how I would interpret it given the dialogue that follows. Maybe I'm just projecting my optimistic point of view onto it, but it sounds favorable, though.

bandit

Reaction score
I think she is saying that she doesn't really want to see it again, due to the fact that it's sort of weird to watch the 14 year old version of yourself like that.
Yeah! Like looking back at old pictures or home movies of yourself from the 80s and 90's with the aquanet bangs and the MC hammer pants. *shudders* Fun times but....no. Just no.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I mean, if you go by just normal flow of conversation, that's how I would interpret it given the dialogue that follows. Maybe I'm just projecting my optimistic point of view onto it, but it sounds favorable, though.
People often ask me questions like that, which make me cringe before saying no because they ask in a way that I feel if I said no they won't exactly know which part I mean by no. Like if someone were to ask me "are you off tuesday or do you know yet?", and the answer to either question is no, I have a cringe-feeling because I don't know how they'll know if I meant no to the first half of the question or the secodn half.

bandit

Reaction score
People often ask me questions like that, which make me cringe before saying no because they ask in a way that I feel if I said no they won't exactly know which part I mean by no. Like if someone were to ask me "are you off tuesday or do you know yet?", and the answer to either question is no, I have a cringe-feeling because I don't know how they'll know if I meant no to the first half of the question or the secodn half.
Hah! You over think things, bottom line. Of course, the English language is just a little confusing at times. I saw a great post about that somewhere. No matter how you began the sentence...be it a'yes' or 'no' the meaning was exactly the same and never good.
Something along the lines of " ____ I am an idiot." Put 'yes' or 'no'. lol

Hubert

Reaction score
That's the reason it's always a good idea to add something more in questions like that, and say "No, I'm not off Tuesday" or "No, I don't know yet," so it becomes very clear...but so many times questions like that are asked, and you have to be really careful...

EDIT: The ziffels strike again...

minor muppetz

Reaction score
That's the reason it's always a good idea to add something more in questions like that, and say "No, I'm not off Tuesday" or "No, I don't know yet," so it becomes very clear...but so many times questions like that are asked, and you have to be really careful...
Might not be easy like that. I might get asked when not in a talking mood or I really don't feel like answering the question being asked and just want to get answering it over with. Or I might feel like I'll get interrupted while answering.

Hubert

Reaction score
o.o;

What on earth are they, Hu?
You've been on this forum for two months, and you still don't know what ziffeling is?

Whenever you post a reply, and another reply by someone else shows up ahead of yours that just showed up when you replied, the person ziffeled you. Here's an example:

Pretend I was about to post in a thread that minor muppetz last posted in. I type my response, and hit the "Post Reply" button. But suddenly, in between minor muppetz's post and my new post, your post shows up. You ziffeled me, because you typed faster than me and posted yours before I finished mine.

It was named after an old member here, Ziffel, whom it kept happening to. So the term "ziffeling" was coined.

bandit

Reaction score
Hahahaha! Okay. I've got it now. Yeah, I have to admit that I had never heard of that before. Then again, I'm not really sure what the heck a 'muffin' is either. Oh well! I'm sorry. I certainly didn't mean to ziffel you. ^_- I just got caught up in the convo. Labyrinth gets the old blood pumping.
But I think we've covered it now.