Who wants the future Muppet movies to be...

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
One Muppet movie that I wish had been made was "The Next Muppet Movie" (a.k.a. "When Muppets Attack!"). Proposed back in 1999, this was to have began production after MFS was released. Here's Brian Lynch's review of the script:

"The name of it was THE NEXT MUPPET MOVIE, and it was the same universe as THE MUPPET MOVIE, only years and years later, and the Muppets were hugely successful and some were getting kind of spoiled. Kermit’s trying to keep them together and he’s stressing out.

Anyway, an evil Hollywood agent signs the Muppets and starts putting them in solo movies and TV shows (Gonzo is the next James Bond and the next Batman, the Electric Mayhem goes Marilyn Manson-y after Animal starts a solo rap career, that kinda thing).

Kermit has to pull together a makeshift band of Muppets (Robin, Rizzo, Pepe, Bean Bunny, Digit from THE JIM HENSON HOUR, etc.) to re-start the Muppet show.

Eventually Kermit figures out the Agent had an ulterior motive in breaking up the Muppets, goes to confront the Agent, gets kidnapped, and the original Muppets have to work with the newbies to save him. The ending involves a lot of Ninjas, a giant Elephant, a seven foot Kermit, and Gonzo saving the day by crashing through the skylight in his Batman gear.

The Agent runs away, the Muppets all come back together, everyone is happy…
…but at the very end, we see the Agent gets dropped off by a taxi, fully ready to try to break up a new group. As he walks away, we pan out and reveal he’s on Sesame Street.

Cameos were from Pierce Brosnan, John Cleese, Mary Tyler Moore, Marilyn Manson, all the Sesame Street Characters, Mr. Rogers, the Teletubbies…it was epic.

I talked to Michael Keaton once who had read the script and wanted to meet me because of it. I asked him to play the agent if it ever got made, and he said that would be cool. I’m very sorry it didn’t get made.

That’s the most I’ve ever spoiled about it. It was like a purging."

mupcollector1

Reaction score
One Muppet movie that I wish had been made was "The Next Muppet Movie". Proposed back in 1999, this was to have began production after MFS was completed. Here's Brian Lynch's review of the script:

"The name of it was THE NEXT MUPPET MOVIE, and it was the same universe as THE MUPPET MOVIE, only years and years later, and the Muppets were hugely successful and some were getting kind of spoiled. Kermit’s trying to keep them together and he’s stressing out.

Anyway, an evil Hollywood agent signs the Muppets and starts putting them in solo movies and TV shows (Gonzo is the next James Bond and the next Batman, the Electric Mayhem goes Marilyn Manson-y after Animal starts a solo rap career, that kinda thing).

Kermit has to pull together a makeshift band of Muppets (Robin, Rizzo, Pepe, Bean Bunny, Digit from THE JIM HENSON HOUR, etc.) to re-start the Muppet show.

Eventually Kermit figures out the Agent had an ulterior motive in breaking up the Muppets, goes to confront the Agent, gets kidnapped, and the original Muppets have to work with the newbies to save him. The ending involves a lot of Ninjas, a giant Elephant, a seven foot Kermit, and Gonzo saving the day by crashing through the skylight in his Batman gear.

The Agent runs away, the Muppets all come back together, everyone is happy…
…but at the very end, we see the Agent gets dropped off by a taxi, fully ready to try to break up a new group. As he walks away, we pan out and reveal he’s on Sesame Street.

Cameos were from Pierce Brosnan, John Cleese, Mary Tyler Moore, Marilyn Manson, all the Sesame Street Characters, Mr. Rogers, the Teletubbies…it was epic.

I talked to Michael Keaton once who had read the script and wanted to meet me because of it. I asked him to play the agent if it ever got made, and he said that would be cool. I’m very sorry it didn’t get made.

That’s the most I’ve ever spoiled about it. It was like a purging."
That sounds hilarious. That would have been a nice movie if it were made. Well hopefully it would be in the idea pile next to The Cheapest Muppet Movie Ever, Muppets Haunted Hotel, etc.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
I think it would just be really difficult to do another Walter story. Anyone hear the rumor about there being a Bobo movie that isn't a Muppet movie, like his own solo movie? UGH! bad idea in my personal opinion.

Yeah Cheapest Muppet Movie ever would probably work well as a TV Special. Unless if there are ways to have a rediculous plot and quality slows down until the very end like paper crayon drawn background and popcycle puppets as stand ins or something like that. I got to read the original plot again. If it's unaltered, the original Jim, Jerry and Frank script, that would be great.

Also the Muppets Haunted Hotel script that got passed around for many many years. Anyone still remember that one? lol

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Oh, sure I remember reading about the "Haunted Hotel" film. Not sure what it was going to about. Maybe an update on the old horror comedies (i.e. "Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein")?

Was a script even written for "Cheapest"? Obviously, the film was still in the planning stages for years, and maybe an early summary was written, but I'm not sure if a full script was actually written.

This is the first I heard of a Bobo film. Honestly, I don't think it's that bad of an idea. In fact, I'd like to see somebody flesh out Bobo's character some more.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
This is the first I heard of a Bobo film. Honestly, I don't think it's that bad of an idea. In fact, I'd like to see somebody flesh out Bobo's character some more.
If a Bobo film was ever made, I can already guess one celebrity that would defiantly be on there. Cindy Croffered. lol
Bobo had a crush on her in a Muppet Tonight episode right? Was it Cindy Croffered?

That was a funny episode where cupid was cleaning his arrow gun and it kept shooting everyone, even Sal having a little crush on Johnny. I forgot what Sal told Johnny but his response was his eyebrow raised and said "Excuse Me?" lol

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
If a Bobo film was ever made, I can already guess one celebrity that would defiantly be on there. Cindy Croffered. lol
Bobo had a crush on her in a Muppet Tonight episode right? Was it Cindy Croffered?

That was a funny episode where cupid was cleaning his arrow gun and it kept shooting everyone, even Sal having a little crush on Johnny. I forgot what Sal told Johnny but his response was his eyebrow raised and said "Excuse Me?" lol
Yep, that was Cindy Crawford.

The Johnny-Sal dialogue went like this:

Sal: "Ya know, Johnny?"
Johnny: "Yeah, kid?"
Sal: "When the light hits you a certain way, you look awful sharp! Yeah, kinda pretty like!"
Johnny: "Excuse me?"

This episode also had Bobo's suggestive line, "Maybe you'll let me play with them later!".

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I really think The Muppets 2 is just a placeholder title until more concrete details on the film are figured out. When it was announced, I'm sure Nick Stoller and the rest of the creative crew barely had any idea what the new film was going to be about aside from "a caper", so that title was chosen to stand in.
This was discussed a few posts back that the title is just until they know what the storyline is actually gonna be and when their ready to release more details.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
That sounds hilarious. That would have been a nice movie if it were made. Well hopefully it would be in the idea pile next to The Cheapest Muppet Movie Ever, Muppets Haunted Hotel, etc.
Another unmade movie that comes to mind, "Muppets in Space" (not to be confused with "Muppets from Space"). "In Space" was a script that Kirk Thatcher wrote, involving Kermit getting kidnapped by aliens (the aliens, who look like Kermit, had the Muppet Show beamed up to their planet; they think Kermit is their leader). It's up to the rest of the Muppets to save Kermit. Jerry Juhl once commented on this script, saying "I hope someday Kirk's movie gets made, because it is really funny."