Change of Address

Borples

Reaction score
May I expand this thread a bit to talk about the episodes leading up to the end? I don't quite want to start a new thread when this one's right here, but let me know if I should.

I'm watching S4-5 for the first time (unless I saw it when I was a kid; don't remember) lately. I've had S1 on DVD since it came out (a gift), but was never able to justify shelling out for the other seasons. So ever since FR was put on Netflix streaming, I've been going through the show s-l-o-w-l-y, not wanting to rush it. Now I'm finally nearing the end.

Last night I watched The Gorg Who Would Be King. I was not expecting to get all emotional at a Gorg episode. But, one of my very favorites from S1 has always been The Great Radish Famine. And all of a sudden last night, I saw a Fraggle learn that Doozer sticks are made of radishes (and it was Wembley! My Wembley!). And at that very moment, Junior Gorg learned what Marjory was trying to teach them four years ago--that there is a great Circle of Radishes, and it moves them all. And I sat there with tears and goosebumps. And then at the end when Doc and Sprocket find the Gorgs' crown...!!

This show amazes me. It's so thought-out and deliberate, behind the anarchy. It's so deep, beneath the silliness. There's so much love in it. The finale is going to make me cry for days, isn't it?

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Goodness, I loved the last episodes. So beautifully done. I started crying during the theme song reprise at the end of Change of Address, it was great to see everything and everyone come together in the end.

I would venture to say that I have never seen/read/heard any type of media that affected me as much as that episode, except for maybe the first time I read The Velveteen Rabbit.

Tom Fraggle

Reaction score
Watching the final episode, brought tears of joy and sadness. I think they did the right thing bringing closure to a wonderful series. And who says it had to end, if Fraggle Rock had ever started back up, it could had began where it left off at the end of Season 5, had it got a chance to return for one more season or later on down the road(movie perhaps?). And some Fraggle fans have even continued it through their own stories where the show left off at the end of Change Of Address.

I did hate to see it all end and wish there were more than 96 episodes, but I love each and every one of them. I watched it all back in the 80s, then recently got the Entire Fraggle Rock Series on DVD in 2010 and I've watched the whole series, all 96 episodes, three times so far. I'm on my fourth time of watching it right now, currently on the 2nd season.

I will say one thing, "You can NOT leave the magic!" :smirk::dreamy::coy::sigh::excited::busy::drool:

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Watching the final episode, brought tears of joy and sadness. I think they did the right thing bringing closure to a wonderful series. And who says it had to end, if Fraggle Rock had ever started back up, it could had began where it left off at the end of Season 5, had it got a chance to return for one more season or later on down the road(movie perhaps?). And some Fraggle fans have even continued it through their own stories where the show left off at the end of Change Of Address.

I did hate to see it all end and wish there were more than 96 episodes, but I love each and every one of them. I watched it all back in the 80s, then recently got the Entire Fraggle Rock Series on DVD in 2010 and I've watched the whole series, all 96 episodes, three times so far. I'm on my fourth time of watching it right now, currently on the 2nd season.

I will say one thing, "You can NOT leave the magic!" :smirk::dreamy::coy::sigh::excited::busy::drool:
That is so true! I am so glad that I watched the whole show again. The first time I watched it was when I was very young. It was great to comeback to the show, again. Not only great, but I knew it was the last creation that Jim left for all of us fans to enjoy even though he was not envolved as much, except being part of Cantus, the Minstrel. So, webba webba and thank you for posting, Tom Fraggle.