Lanford

bandit

Reaction score
True! Mokey does have that X ray vision that sees straight into the hearts of people....aaand she does seem to like to give everyone the benefit of the doubt. Still, she's no dummy. I think if someone was truly bad news, she'd pick up on it pretty quickly.....which could only mean one thing...

Under his thorny exterior, his heart beats true....At least....it isn't rock solid.

That was pretty nicely illustrated in the bean barrel race.

Slackbot

Reaction score
I'm inclined to think that it was Begoonie's demanding, needy, selfish attitude that drove them away, at least recently. He reminds me of the whiny pity-poor-me types I see on the Internet and in real life.

bandit

Reaction score
Well, there are all kinds....including whiney pity-poor-me types all over the place. I haven't rewatched that episode in ages but I remember really hating him. Begoony's awful.

Tom Fraggle

Reaction score
I know this forum post is older, but wanted to reply to it.

I see Lanford as being like a venus-fly trap type plant, with his spring coiled like neck, can lash out and catch and swallow his prey over time. I remember Fraggle Rock as being filled with all sorts of mysterious and sometimes dangerous items and only the bravest of Fraggles would venture beyond the safety of the colony. But with Mokey's curious and caring nature, I'm sure she saw Lanford as a sweet plant wanting to be loved while out exploring some caverns for some time to reflect on life and meditate. Who knows, maybe when Mokey first met Lanford, he tried to bite her, only to receive a sharp smack across the face and a good scolding. Besides, plants like to be loved too.

I always get a tickle out of the like/hate relationship between Red and Lanford.

Did the OP ever get the story finished?

charlietheowl

Reaction score
The story was shelved, because I attempted to write something that far exceeded my ability and skill level, but will be reattempted someday soon.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
I know this forum post is older, but wanted to reply to it.

I see Lanford as being like a venus-fly trap type plant, with his spring coiled like neck, can lash out and catch and swallow his prey over time. I remember Fraggle Rock as being filled with all sorts of mysterious and sometimes dangerous items and only the bravest of Fraggles would venture beyond the safety of the colony. But with Mokey's curious and caring nature, I'm sure she saw Lanford as a sweet plant wanting to be loved while out exploring some caverns for some time to reflect on life and meditate. Who knows, maybe when Mokey first met Lanford, he tried to bite her, only to receive a sharp smack across the face and a good scolding. Besides, plants like to be loved too.

I always get a tickle out of the like/hate relationship between Red and Lanford.

Did the OP ever get the story finished?
I know what you mean, but I really laugherd out loud whenever Red and Landford have a like/hate relationship. That's understandable, when Mokey duid meet Lanfiord for the first time before she and Mokey moved into their own cave, I'm sure he did try to bite her, but she scolded him until he was nice to her.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Lanford would eat whatever he wants. Hey can anyone see Lanford sining "FEED ME"from Little Shop of Horrors? I sure can!
When I watched the 1986 film of Little Shop of Horrors, that exotic flytrap plant reminds me of Lanford. Hmmmm! I can't understnad why, but that is what I think of. Seriously!