Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Pop Stars Don't Belong on Sesame Street

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • An Orange Sings Carman

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters

Beauregard

Reaction score
Hey, for some reason these two songs always get lodged in my head and I get them mixed up all the time (possibly due to some auto-tuna), but my question is, which is your favourite?

Also, I'm wondering if the new Sesame Street movie will carry a similar message to these songs (which would work great for an Ernie vs Bert movie...where they would obviously start out antagonistically come to appreciate each other at the end.)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
for some reason these two songs always get lodged in my head and I get them mixed up all the time
It'd help if they didn't make the music videos look like carbon copies of each other.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It'd help if they didn't make the music videos look like carbon copies of each other.
Is it a style thing, or is plain white background just cheaper?

As for the music itself... I dunno... What I Am is a better song bar none. In tone and substance. Plus, it comes down to Will I. Am (who I really like) and Bruno Mars (who's "Soul Sister" song drives me nuts, and it's one of the worst pop songs out there, with that pointless "......Toniiiiiiight" thrown it at the end of the chorus).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Bruno Mars (who's "Soul Sister" song drives me nuts, and it's one of the worst pop songs out there, with that pointless "......Toniiiiiiight" thrown it at the end of the chorus).
Actually, that's not Bruno Mars, that's Train who does that song... and I actually like it myself.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I noted when I first saw "Don't Give Up" it was clearly made based on the positive response to "What I Am" (song about confidence, celebrity, white background). I think the first one is better, though the second one isn't that bad. I don't listen to most modern music, so I can't say anything about the artists. I don't think it's fair to hate the songs based on the artist performing it.

I will say this, Bruno Mars looks like he's having a lot more fun than Will.i.am was. But then again, everyone's said that.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Ah... they sound all the same to me.

I don't care how positive those songs are, they're dangerously close to what I call "wuss Rock."

This dude LOVES him some Rolling Stones and Queen, though.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, I think pop songs of today aren't as bad as they were back in the 90s... I mean, talk about a scene when you've got a school bus full of pre-teen kids singing along with the radio to lyrics like: "Picture this, we were both buck naked, bangin' on the bathroom floor."