What went wrong with Muppets from Space?

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
One of my problems is that it's too dark. Literally, too dark. I thought this was a Muppet movie, yeesh!
I'm just saying if even Kermit the Frog himself said "you want to do a better film" then nothing needs to be said on my part. Lol! But hey no offense for those who did enjoy it! I ain't knocking you for it I'm just giving how I personally feel about the film. The Muppets in the movie were not the Muppets I grew up with.

Powerstars

Reaction score
I'm just saying if even Kermit the Frog himself said "you want to do a better film" then nothing needs to be said on my part. Lol! But hey no offense for those who did enjoy it! I ain't knocking you for it I'm just giving how I personally feel about the film. The Muppets in the movie were not the Muppets I grew up with.
Yeah, I can see that, they weren't in character.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I feel that even though the movie wasn't merchandised well, it seems like the Wendy's kids meal promotion was advertised more than the actual movie was (well, that's advertisement money Columbia/Henson didn't have to spend, basically free publicity while also getting paid for the license).

I often wonder why all of the Wendy's Kids Meal items were so different from each other. There's a minature Electric Mayhem Bus (which is cool, I know many fans were wanting one at the time), a Kermit keychain, a Gonzo space vehicle, an activity book, and a microphone. So two pieces of character merchandise, two toy cars, an accessory, and a activity book. Why not just make it all character toys? Perhaps all plush keychains like the Kermit. They could make made keychains of Gonzo, Rizzo, Miss Piggy, and Pepe (or Fozzie or Animal). Why include an activity book as an option alongside toys? Did Wendy's normally have kids meal promotions where every item was significantly different (I honestly can't remember)?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Don't get me started on Wendy's Kids meal prizes. Unless they're something completely and utterly uniform, like the Looney Tunes Pen promotions, you could easily end up with an AMAZING MOC action figure or a freaking pinball game or worst of all, some IDIOTIC paper good masquerading as a board game or note pad.

To say that Wendy's rarely had uniform prizes, I'll give you an example of the last DECENT recent promotion... Wordgirl. There were 5 toys. Well, two toys and 3 weird items.

• A magnetic plastic Dancing Captain Huggyface
  • A "flying" Wordgirl on a stick
  • An audiobook with NONE of the original voice cast, except probably Wordgirl (Marc Thompson, regular voice actor for 4Kids projects did all the other voices)
  • a Hexagon puzzle
  • a clip on card game with all the villains on it.
I only got the CD and the puzzle.

Like I said, unless they're all pens, Wendy's stuff has ALWAYS been inconsistent. Unlike, say McDonalds, where the toys are usually uniform. BK's sometimes are, sometimes aren't.

Fraggline

Reaction score
@Drtooth: that's an awesome new re-write for the movie! Especially the "we have to go find..." gag.

And, yeah, some parts of the movie did run kind of slow and caused me to lose interest at times. But I admit that I did like that "Clifford checking mail" bit--that was cute! It makes me want to write a little story about "Sha-nay-nay" sometime soon. Hmm....yeah...yeah, that would be a good use of my time today.

Drtooth

Reaction score
And, yeah, some parts of the movie did run kind of slow and caused me to lose interest at times. But I admit that I did like that "Clifford checking mail" bit--that was cute! It makes me want to write a little story about "Sha-nay-nay" sometime soon. Hmm....yeah...yeah, that would be a good use of my time today.
Cute, but a useless aside that took time from something better.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I wonder if there are any kids who grew up with "Muppets From Space" as one of, if not their first exposure to the Muppets and now consider it a treasured part of their youth? Just curious...
Um, heh heh, that's kinda me. I mean MFS wasn't exactly my first exposure to the muppets, I first watched TMS Star Wars episode, TMM, MTI, and then this. But once I became a muppet fan and learned there was a movie with my two favorite things "muppets" and "space". I was jumping for joy and I rented the DVD. Ok for the record this was what I was expecting in bold letters. Gonzo's sad, because he has no one and goes for a stroll or something, gets abducted by spaceship. Aliens inside spaceship believe Gonzo is "the chosen one". Soon Kermit and the gang find out and go to some NASA place (I envisioned something like C. O. V. N. E. T) where they steal a spaceship and go after Gonzo... IN SPACE (dun dun). Basically they find him and they go home and stuff happens and Gonzo comes home. P.S After watching the trailer I though the "Celebration" scene took place in outer space. That's what I though the movie would be. After watching it I admit I was a bit disappointed, but at the same time for some reason I loved it. I watched it 2 more times before returning. After watching it months later I didn't get the thrill, the vibe, I did after watching it those 3 times. But in all MFS has a place in my heart, and while I found out a lot of the other muppet films are much better than MFS, I still watch it now and then and I still like the film a lot.