The "What Seems to Be in Store for Season 43" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this supposed to be the season that features Tau Bennett performing in an insert with Kevin Clash, or has that already happened?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Last year around this time, the sesame street acount on Youtube uploaded some bits from the season 43, so I suppose they will upload some inserts from season 43 anytime soon.... I can't wait!!!!!!!
They might. Or, they may hold off until the end of summer. The season's press kit doesn't usually come out until early August, and the clips from that might be on their channel not long after. Then, they'll start uploading more inserts a week or so before the season premieres. </lame>

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this supposed to be the season that features Tau Bennett performing in an insert with Kevin Clash, or has that already happened?
That has not happened yet. I don't know why. The scene they did was apparently improvised, so maybe it didn't test well before placing it into the show. Which would be a shame, really.

bingboingcutie

Reaction score
I am really, really, RULLY liking this Monster at the End of the Show idea. Just a change from Murray's intersitials might be nice. Also, I kind of hope they can do something about the longer segments and somehow make room for more little clips like they used to. We don't see enough of those these days.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I just found an (incomplete) article that reveals there IS a new Elmo segment coming! :laugh: It's called "Elmo the Musical" and is 11 minutes long.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't know how to feel about it.

On the one hand, ANYTHING has to be more interesting than Elmo talking about shoelaces for 15 minutes... but on the other... There's that freaking STEM again. :rolleyes:

I'd tend to think a new Elmo segment should focus on a variety of subjects, including literacy. Just not something that's a carbon copy of Elmo's World.

Though I would prefer Elmo's Backyard. The fact he had to interact with trees and bugs and things that talked back to him set that segment apart.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
All I care about is it's a few minutes shorter, which means more room for inserts hopefully.

Plus, EW came out of a time when they had to make it like Barney and the like. While they've gone with the block format, the other segments are their own thing. Much like they've learned from JTE, I'm sure they've learned from EW and will try to make the new segment as entertaining as possible.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It doesn't seem to me so much they learned their lesson about EW as the fact that EW has been around since 1998, and somehow they got bored with it. That's why we haven't seen a new one since Frogs back in season 40, the only new one that season. I think deep down the writers and some producers wanted to dump the segment, but couldn't due to kids programmed to see Elmo at a certain point. I hope this fills that need and is far more entertaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.