What went wrong with Muppets from Space?

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
My pet peeves with this movie wasn't even about the focus being on Gonzo because I love Gonzo but the Muppet spirit wasn't there...

Lola p

Reaction score
Well Gonzo was so much the focus of the whole movie. I feel Rizzo even had a better role than Kermit, Piggy or Fozzie.

As for the Scooter line, you have to remember, at least Scooter GOT A LINE. He was NO WHERE in the last two Muppet movies before this, Muppet Christmas Carol and Treasure Island.

i get that, but why can't you make it similar to the character? The line was NOTHING like Scooter! He would not be selling shirts to make money, he would be helping kermit and the gang get to Cape Cod!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
i get that, but why can't you make it similar to the character? The line was NOTHING like Scooter! He would not be selling shirts to make money, he would be helping kermit and the gang get to Cape Cod!
Well to be fair on Muppet Show Scooter once took the opportunity to get the audience to buy his magazines so he could win a skateboard (which he eventually did apparently, lol). :wink:

Powerstars

Reaction score
Ok, my add ons:

No muppet songs at all!
A LOT of potty humor
Too many muppets involved in the Convent scene (when they broke gonzo out)
They were not the muppets we know and love
So many old favetoite muppets are ignored and there's mabye 10 muppets that are focused on (what I mean is: it is all about gonzo, Kermit, piggy, etc. other muppets are just there)
And finally, my personal pet peeve: scooter had 1 line.. AND IT WAS NOT EVEN LIKE SCOOTER!
Sure, no Muppet songs. There was a bit of Potty humor. If anything, there weren't ENOUGH muppets in the Covnet scene. Are you saying the Muppet movie had too many characters in the showdown? They tried something different, I can see that. Muppets who had relevance: Gonzo, Kermit, Piggy, Rizzo, and of course, Pepe. It was Scooter's first line in years, it was VERY important. We also had Rowlf's first line in years, with "OUGH!!!" JJandJanice stated what I mean about Scooter. I can kinda see how you feel about it being out of character, but I refer you to Heralde.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I can kinda see how you feel about it being out of character, but I refer you to Heralde.
Thanks, although to be fair (again hehe) I have no interest in seeing MFS again. I agree that by and large the Muppets are out of character.

Powerstars

Reaction score
Thanks, although to be fair (again hehe) I have no interest in seeing MFS again. I agree that by and large the Muppets are out of character.
Will I like the movie, I can see that. Gonzo, Rizzo, Animal, Johnny, Sal, Van Neuter and Pepe are in character, Miss Piggy is mildly in character, Kermit's barely in character, and everyone else is out of character, such as Fozzie, who gets funny lines, but he never once tells an actual joke.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Gonzo, Rizzo, Animal, Johnny, Sal, Van Neuter and Pepe are in character
With Gonzo I'm reminded of something I read on the Tough Pigs site about MFS: "Too strong a character role for one of the crazier characters." Now that's not to say one of the non-Kermit characters should never have a staring role. But if not done properly it can create an imbalance in a character's personality.

Johnny and Pepe probably were in character but for me that's the problem, lol. Though I do like Pepe on occasion in small doses, lol.

Powerstars

Reaction score
With Gonzo I'm reminded of something I read on the Tough Pigs site about MFS: "Too strong a character role for one of the crazier characters." Now that's not to say one of the non-Kermit characters should never have a staring role. But if not done properly it can create an imbalance in a character's personality.

Johnny and Pepe probably were in character but for me that's the problem, lol. Though I do like Pepe on occasion in small doses, lol.
Pepe is underrated to me. All the little shrimp wants is to "shake his bun-buns with Ricky Martin, hokay?" And money. And women. But, then again, Animal wants women too, and look how popular he is. I agree with the "Too strong a character role." I loved Johnny and Sal and wish there was more of them. Same with Dr. Phil. Brian should really work with the Muppets again.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Pepe is underrated to me. All the little shrimp wants is to "shake his bun-buns with Ricky Martin, hokay?" And money. And women. But, then again, Animal wants women too, and look how popular he is.
Oh I love Animal. His, um, "interest" in woman reminds me of the classic hard rocker, lol. But Pepe reminds me of teenagers trying to seem grown up. It's shock value and that's about it. But to each their own. :smile:

Powerstars

Reaction score
Oh I love Animal. His, um, "interest" in woman reminds me of the classic hard rocker, lol. But Pepe reminds me of teenagers trying to seem grown up. It's shock value and that's about it. But to each their own. :smile:
I also thought Animal was overrated, but he's still cool.