JHC Picks up Frog and Toad Movie Rights

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Cool...yet I get the feeling this is another one of those JHC projects that will turn into absolutely nothing.
Yep. It's only a matter of time before they up and give away the rights to another company and drop out of the project.

Sid the Science Kid and Dinosaur Train seem to be all they care about anymore.

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
Yep. It's only a matter of time before they up and give away the rights to another company and drop out of the project.

If They DO Give Up The Rights I Hope They Give It To Disney

Drtooth

Reaction score

Replace the word "care" with "can afford to produce without a sizable amount of money from a legitimate business partner" and you've got it right.

As I've said over 3 billion times already, Henson doesn't have the money to do anything solo. Never has, and never will. Look at the history of Henson productions, and they've always had a business partner. Even to do something as simple as release a VHS.

They needed that British TV firm to help get the TV show and the first 2 movies off the ground, Columbia for that third movie, Marvel for their animated shows (Muppet Babies, Little Muppet Monsters, and Fraggle Rock)... and I'm sure some Canadian broadcasters helped in with Fraggle Rock. Even later... Nelvana helped get Dog City off the ground, Columbia/Sony released a lot of Henson movies and Muppet DVD's. Disney's ownership of the Muppets gave us a movie that would have been DTV or a Telefilm otherwise.

The difference is that they don't have the leadership or business sense to get those partners that they need to get their way too many projects off the ground. Not anymore at least.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
If They DO Give Up The Rights I Hope They Give It To Disney
**** no! Look at the way Disney handled the Muppets in general, took us seven years just to get a movie, after getting a TV movie, a TV special, but countless other projects shelved.

Vincent L

Reaction score
Mu favorite series of books when I'm in elementary school! I wonder how this will turn out...

Drtooth

Reaction score
**** no! Look at the way Disney handled the Muppets in general, took us seven years just to get a movie, after getting a TV movie, a TV special, but countless other projects shelved.
Shelved? Like absolutely everything Henson has done for the past 10 years? There were more Muppet projects shelved by Henson than their were Disney.

Plus, if Disney were to get the rights to do a movie based on a single book, they'll do it.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Oh My God, this is amazing. I used to read those books and have the books on tape as a kid. So glad JHC is going to be doing something with them. I hope they have those monotone voices like on the tapes, those were funny. lol