Annoying Characters

Drtooth

Reaction score
I've always wondered; Of all the characters to become major, why Animal? I always thought that Rowlf and Scooter deserved to become the ranks of a major character. Sure they have SOME merchandise and are semi-major characters, but I would always take a funny, piano playing dog and a quirky backstage assistant manager over a maniacal drum player. Not to mention I'd REALLY like to see a Scooter shirt. Hooray for semi major characters!
Animal broke the cult to mainstream appeal early. He has a cross appeal that many more casual Muppet fans like, and that's why he's on the t-shirts most of the time (wearing one now). I think they're going Elmo-level overboard with the character, but he always manages to sell, crossing the gap for more casual fans. Though it is a pain in the neck for us fans of the entire Electric Mayhem.

I am NOT a fan of Elmo...OR Telly. @_@ Both of them just grind on my nerves. In Fraggle Rock, I cannot stand the Gorgs either.
Aw... I can't bring myself to dislike anyone from Fraggle Rock. I tried. Everyone's lovable on some level to me. Sure, there will always be Sesame Street characters I dislike and Muppet show characters that fail to charm me... but Fraggle Rock... Even Wander McMooch is fun. And he's the nastiest character in the series.

bandit

Reaction score
*lol* Well
Aw... I can't bring myself to dislike anyone from Fraggle Rock. I tried. Everyone's lovable on some level to me. Sure, there will always be Sesame Street characters I dislike and Muppet show characters that fail to charm me... but Fraggle Rock... Even Wander McMooch is fun. And he's the nastiest character in the series.
Haha, well I can say this much. I can definitely appreciate the significance of his role on the show and I can even point to moments when I've enjoyed that showcase some Gorg moments. There are a few lines that I liked and the whole episode where Junior and Mokey are trying to find a friend for Junior is actually oddly sweet. I enjoyed it. But for the most part, I moan and groan when the Gorgs come on the screen.
Is it wrong that his speech impediment drives me nuts?

Vincent L

Reaction score
Robin
JUST KIDDING!!!! I LOVE ROBIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You really got me there. I was like, staring blankly at the computer screen. I can imagine how Miss Kermie felt now.

On another note, this thread is becoming a "Love This Character" thread

Hayley B

Reaction score
You really got me there. I was like, staring blankly at the computer screen. I can imagine how Miss Kermie felt now.
Me too. But I'm fine with having people not like what I like. I'm interested to know what they think too.

Misskermie

Reaction score

On another note, this thread is becoming a "Love This Character" thread
It feels MESSED UP DON'T IT?!?

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
Piggy used to annoy me (it's the diva, "me-first" attitude that used to bother me), but she's funny, so that makes up for it, I guess. And judging by this thread, I must be the only person here who feels sorry for Bean Bunny. He's basically the Meg Griffin of the Muppets; only existing as a figure of ridicule. :frown:

But, I digress.

Pepe annoys me, and has for a while now. I mean, what's his character, other than flirting with women and being hungry for money and fame? Doesn't that wear thin pretty fast for anyone else? I mean, it made me laugh when I was a younger Muppet fan, but looking back, it just seems like they were trying too hard early on.

Princeton

Reaction score
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Scooter, but in the first couple episodes of the muppet show, I found him a little annoying. He was always getting away with things just because his uncle owned the theater. Luckily, he grew out of that after the first season, and became one of the most loveable characters. :wink:
I feel the same way you do. You could tell that Richard Hunt poured everything he had in Scooter. However, upon re-examining Muppets Take Manhatten, Scooter's a bit of a tool. It was his idea to take their show to Broadway, as well as his idea to split up (which he was the only one that really liked that idea). So it seems a bit hypocritical that he has a verse in "Saying Goodbye", as well as being the first one to write Kermit a letter.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I feel the same way you do. You could tell that Richard Hunt poured everything he had in Scooter. However, upon re-examining Muppets Take Manhatten, Scooter's a bit of a tool. It was his idea to take their show to Broadway, as well as his idea to split up (which he was the only one that really liked that idea). So it seems a bit hypocritical that he has a verse in "Saying Goodbye", as well as being the first one to write Kermit a letter.
Scooter's always been very practical about show business. At some point in most artists' careers you have to stop and think about getting a side job to pay the bills.