Fraggle Rock Movie Gets Screenwriters (Hollywood Reporter)

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I'll be honest I'm more excited about the new muppets movie over Fraggle Rock. :embarrassed:

bandit

Reaction score
Like Like Like! I agree with everything you've just said there. They really will have to go back and take a very close look at the show. Not only do they need to sit down and re-watch these shows but I think they should really examine the thesis of this program. If it doesn't prove to be convenient to actually meet with the previous creative team, then I hope they will watch the interviews and read the literature on how the show was developed so that they will understand what it was truly driving Fraggle Rock. It is a delicately balanced and expertly woven blending of universal concepts and important life lessons along with music appreciation and humor and wit.
Fraggle Rock wasn't written in a way that ever seemed preachy or self-important. It illustrated complicated topics and deeper themes in a way that would have made Mary Poppins proud. Juuuust aaaa spoooon full of suuugaaarrr

Naw, the show was genius because it showed how even in the smallest terms, what happens around us and between us has big impacts and really, we all laugh and sing and worry and fight and fret and and get angry and sad and LIVE the same life under it all. Those common things unite us.

So...if Lady Gaga turns up in this movie, I'm walking out, darn it.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Like Like Like! I agree with everything you've just said there. They really will have to go back and take a very close look at the show. Not only do they need to sit down and re-watch these shows but I think they should really examine the thesis of this program. If it doesn't prove to be convenient to actually meet with the previous creative team, then I hope they will watch the interviews and read the literature on how the show was developed so that they will understand what it was truly driving Fraggle Rock. It is a delicately balanced and expertly woven blending of universal concepts and important life lessons along with music appreciation and humor and wit.
Fraggle Rock wasn't written in a way that ever seemed preachy or self-important. It illustrated complicated topics and deeper themes in a way that would have made Mary Poppins proud. Juuuust aaaa spoooon full of suuugaaarrr

Naw, the show was genius because it showed how even in the smallest terms, what happens around us and between us has big impacts and really, under it all we all laugh and sing and worry and fight and fret and and get angry and sad and LIVE the same life under it all. Those common things unite us.

So...if Lady Gaga turns up in this movie, I'm walking out, darn it.
I think you should write the Fraggle movie. LOL!

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Personally, a well-done Fraggle Rock movie could fit into the category of highly praised children's films. This is beyond wishful thinking, but I'd like to imagine that New Regency sees the Fraggles as an attempt to get both families in the theater and get critical praise. The original series set the bar very high, and it would be nice if the creative team attempted to reach that level.

Collgoff

Reaction score
Yeah Jim Henson, Jerry Juhl, Richard Hunt and all the people who worked on Fraggle that died whould be happy to see that and the moment from last night.

LouisTheOtter

Reaction score
Not as obsessed with Fraggle Rock as I am with TMS and the Muppets in general, but I'm happy to hear this news and you know Mrs. Otter and I would line up at our local multiplex for a Fraggle movie. Thanks for sharing this news!

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
/You know what? I am not obessed with Fraggle Rock until I see the whole show. Thank you for sharing the news, everyone. I cannot wait for more news about the the Fraggle Rock movie. I do miss Rchard Hunt, Jim Henson, and Jerrry Juhl. They really did their best for the last.