Fraggle Rock Movie Gets Screenwriters (Hollywood Reporter)

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I would think that Karen Prell would at least try to get the role of Red, since she still does appearances with Red and clearly loves the characters and the Fraggles. It would also be good for the project to have someone around from the original show just to have a link to the past on this.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I hope it gets off the ground this time. I hope these guys are good, and I hope they both sit down and watch all four seasons of the show twice before they start to write. And the DVD extras so they can see what the show meant to the people who worked on it.
Yeah. I really hope they manage to make this a Fraggle Movie and not a generic movie that happens to have Fraggles in it. I really wish Henson would call back as many FR writers as possible to help shape the script and guide the writers on this.

I'm a little hesitant though. This isn't the "Rango" team. We've got one guy who worked on the story and someone who did the voice of "Spoons" and was a production manager for a couple CN projects (one of them being the unsold Plastic Man show). Plus, having a writing staff doesn't automatically equal "the Movie's going to get made now."

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Also... On the recasting issue, I'd think the only ones you'd really have to consider are Matt Vogel instead of Jerry (if he decides not to do his characters' voices only) as Gobo Fraggle and/or Pa Gorg; and I'd nominate Leslie Karara-Rudolph to take over Katherine Mullin's roles of Mokey Fraggle and/or Ma Gorg if Ms. Mullin is unavailable. Would say get David Rudman for Junior Gorg, but at this point that's no way a major concern... The Fraggle Five are who the movie should concentrate around. If we get Doozers and Gorgs, that's a grateful bonus.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
i think steve and dave would agree to go back hopefully if disney allows them too :/

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I think Steve would be really hard to get right now not only is he with Disney which I'm sure would take a lot negotiating but I'm sure he's still keeping super busy performing Kermit and with them aiming to wanna get the new muppet movie out next year I think it would be really hard for him to have time to record anything. Still that would be awesome if he did come back! And maybe he will who knows? :coy:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Recasting is hearsay and nothing more. This script isn't even in the written stage, let alone the completely finished, completely funded and ready to shoot. A lot (or in Henson's usual case, nothing) can happen from that point. Unless this were to be filmed when Muppets 2 were filmed, I doubt Steve or Dave would be unavailable. And there's always looping dialogue if needed.

The only characters that would need a recast so far are ones played by Jim or Richard. And none of their characters were the main 5. If we have the Gorgs in the film, we'd need a new Junior performer (I nominate David Rudman)... but I doubt we'd see much of Cantus or Convincin' John.

Now, I can see Matt and Jerry team up Sesame Street style. If worse comes to worse, Matt's been doing great in Jerry's roles.

And I'm sure the rest of the gang would be willing and ready to perform those characters once again.

So unless anything is definite, there's nothing to worry about.

Borples

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the performers are freelancers, so it's not a matter of Disney allowing them to do other projects. It would just be a matter of fitting everything into their schedules. IF, of course, they Fraggle movie people wanted to ask the original performers back and IF the performers wanted to be a part of it. Can't wait to see how all of this plays out.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Yeah time to play the waiting game again. YIPPIE! :stick_out_tongue: But point taken there isn't even a script yet so we could be waiting another 5 years who knows. I think it'd be awesome to get at least the ones who are still alive back to do the voices again.

But personally while at least this is news I'm still hesitant at what their gonna do but I'm gonna try and stay optimistic that their not gonna mess this up.