Your Thoughts: "The Muppets" Theatrical Film

Yorick

Reaction score
I should add this was the first Muppet movie I was able to see on the big screen. As I wasn't even born yet when the first 2 came out and only a year old when MTM came out so yeah it is special in this is the first Muppet movie I got to actually see on the big screen.
Assuming you like the second 3 films, it's a shame you missed MCC, MTI and MFS on the big screen! I love all 3 of those (and the first 3 too, of course)!

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Assuming you like the second 3 films, it's a shame you missed MCC, MTI and MFS on the big screen! I love all 3 of those (and the first 3 too, of course)!
Unfortunately and sadly I was already outgrown The Muppets...when those films came out. I literally have only recently gotten back into The Muppets when I heard the new movie was coming out. I mean I always liked The Muppets just was never to the extent that I'm back into them now. Because lets face it when your a kid you take everything for granted. I was one of those bad fans who had forgotten them. But I dont intend to let that happen again!

I should note I did get to see all three of those movies later on on TV or VHS and I didn't care for them so haha to me I didn't miss much not seeing them on the big screen.

Yorick

Reaction score
Hey, at least you've "returned" to the Muppets, and it seems you're making up for lost time :smile: It's strange that the public ever forgot that The Muppets are for adults, but kids can watch too, rather than the other way around.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I should note I did get to see all three of those movies later on on TV or VHS and I didn't care for them so haha to me I didn't miss much not seeing them on the big screen.
Yeah that was basically my reaction as well. In fact ironically I felt like those films were mainly kid fare rather than the usual "Muppets are for both kids and adults." I'm sure some adults liked them, every movie has some fans, but they just didn't grab me as a Muppet fan.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Ehh I think I was just trying to be one of those kids who tries to fit in especially in middle school that was probably the worst...although we did do a Muppets program when I took chorus we did "Rainbow Connection" and even watched The Muppet Movie but I was one of those I'm too cool for them and their just puppets type phase. Oddly enough when Jim Henson past away was when I was starting to grow out of a lot of things. I was already grown out of Sesame Street and Fraggle Rock. The Muppets was close behind so...but I think it's only been recently that I realized they impacted my childhood more then I thought. Now I miss those days and wish I could go back. But yeah I'm glad I'm back!!! And let me tell you I am not gonna be forgetting again!!!

Hopefully Jim Henson forgives me. Because god knows I miss him so much more now. I didn't really know or understand who he was when he past because I was only 7.

Yorick

Reaction score
In all seriousness I was glad this is probably the first film where they got to address the problems they were having in their relationship.
But you know Piggy won't wake up and stop driving Kermit crazy :smile: I think the most touching moment of these two was Muppet Family Christmas when Kermit was worried about Piggy.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Yeah that was basically my reaction as well. In fact ironically I felt like those films were mainly kid fare rather than the usual "Muppets are for both kids and adults." I'm sure some adults liked them, every movie has some fans, but they just didn't grab me as a Muppet fan.
I tried sooooooo hard to like all three of those films but I just couldn't. MFS was probably no 1 that just had no Muppet appeal at least IMO at all. As for the other two films ehh...I just don't like when their roleplaying. They really lacked greatly of what Jim Henson did.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
But you know Piggy won't wake up and stop driving Kermit crazy :smile: I think the most touching moment of these two was Muppet Family Christmas when Kermit was worried about Piggy.
Yeah but we got an actual confession out of Kermit in this film. Something that has never happened. And this is the first film in which Kermit is actually persuing Piggy.

Plus in MFC Kermit could've just as easily been worried if it was Fozzie out in the snow so it was hard to tell if he was worried about her out of geniune affection or just as a friend. On the other hand there was a reason they chose Piggy for Kermit to worry about so...maybe that was in a way a chance to see that Kermit really does care about her no matter how crazy she drives him. Lol!

Yorick

Reaction score
Now I miss those days and wish I could go back.
I'm with you there!

But yeah I'm glad I'm back!!! And let me tell you I am not gonna be forgetting again!!!
Welcome back! And I believe you will always remember now. It was just a phase. :smile:

Hopefully Jim Henson forgives me. Because god knows I miss him so much more now. I didn't really know or understand who he was when he past because I was only 7.
That was beautifully said. As for hoping Jim forgives you; knowing Jim the way we do (not personally, sadly, but with quotes, audio, video, and the message of his work), you can count on it.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Plus in MFC Kermit could've just as easily been worried if it was Fozzie out in the snow so it was hard to tell if he worried about her out of geniune affection or just as a friend. On the other hand there was a reason they chose Piggy for Kermit to worry about so...maybe that was in a way a chance to see that Kermit does really care about her no matter how crazy she drives him. Lol!
Oh I think it's definitely clear he has special feelings for Piggy in MFC. You're right they didn't make that choice by accident. They had good writers. :wink: